Author Topic: 3000 leagues in search of mother  (Read 122761 times)

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
3000 leagues in search of mother
« on: February 09, 2005, 09:27:41 am »
please please please tell me that there is an episode of this in the works.  lots of fans miss this show T_T

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
Re: 3000 leagues in search of mother
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 07:46:02 pm »
It is at work  [smiley=laugh.gif]
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 03:50:08 pm »
Eps 7-8 should be out "relatively" soon, I promise you.

BTW, I always try to encourage fans to be more vocal. It's hard for us to judge what shows people really wanna see and which ones they can live without. For example, asides for maybe one person, no one has complained about the death of the Persia project so I guess we can safely assume that no one cares if we continue subbing it or not :D

As for 3000 Leagues, I'd like to hear from other fans who are interested in seeing more of it... It'd make me feel better about taking time off to work on it again ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 09:44:18 am »
i know lots of people who miss the series , but they just don't have forum accounts.

Daniel_Thomas

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 03:44:34 am »
I want to thank you for all your hard work in bringing us 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother.  I'm a great fan of Miyazaki and Takahata's work, and any opportunity to see these classic shows can never be passed up.

I would love to see the rest of the Marco series subtitled and made available.  It is an excellent program that should be seen by everyone, and I'm sure the many Ghibli fans around the world will appreciate your work.

I'll be passing the word around about your Marco fansubs, and I'd like to write about it for my website once I've seen a few more episodes (I write film reviews, including Ghibli).  Anything I can do to spread the word and share the love.

Anyway, great work, keep it up.  I'd help with translating if my Japanese was better, but I'm sure there are plenty of people to draw upon.

Offline Alinalennon

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 10:01:19 pm »
Hello,
My name is Alina, I'm from Israel.

I just wanted to say that I really like your sub works!

"3000 leagues in search of mother" is one of my most beloved series - I have watched it (with a Hebrew dub though) many times when I was younger.

I were really glad that I could find this Anime with the original Japanese dub.
So thank you so much for your great work, and please don't stop translating this wonderful Anime!

I'm waiting foard to the next episodes! ^_^

Alina
Yuki Eiri is awesome, worship him! ^_^

Offline zetecr

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 01:28:02 pm »
As for 3000 Leagues, I'd like to hear from other fans who are interested in seeing more of it... It'd make me feel better about taking time off to work on it again ^^;

Of all the anime being subbed anywhere, this classic deserves your time. I'm so grateful that Live-Evil is giving me the opportunity to show my kids shows with "soul" instead of the shallow and sterile rubbish that are around these days. I hope to see more from the "World Masterpiece Theatre" series. Please keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:30:30 pm by zetecr »

silver

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 06:58:01 am »
> BTW, I always try to encourage fans to be more vocal. It's hard for us to judge what shows people really wanna see and which ones they can live without.

That's good to hear. Most groups seem to want the opposite.

Anyway, I would really like to see the rest of this show, as well as other World Masterpiece Theatre series.

And (this is a little off topic), more Galaxy Express and Akazukin Cha Cha would be nice.

Offline KHS

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 09:18:07 am »
I just watched the first episode of 3000 Leagues and I am hooked.  Consider this an encouragement to post more of them!

Arual

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 03:04:56 pm »

I just wanted to say that I really like your sub works!

"3000 leagues in search of mother" is one of my most beloved series - I have watched it (with a Hebrew dub though) many times when I was younger.

I were really glad that I could find this Anime with the original Japanese dub.
So thank you so much for your great work, and please don't stop translating this wonderful Anime!

I'm waiting foard to the next episodes! ^_^

I'm from Italy, and I have quoted everything because this is the same message that I want to send you :-)
Would you please release this serie more often than now???
Thx
Arual

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 11:51:34 pm »
I'll edit and qc for this series.   Though hadn't we better get through SSM first?

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

tautau

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 07:27:40 pm »
I just wanted to add my voice to those already here. I'm also an Israeli and wanted to say that 3000 Leagues is a truly great series that has had a deep impact and lasting impact on this country. The national phone company launched a campaign that used Marco as a main character "phoning" his mother using one of their calling cards. The submarine fleet uses the 3000 Leagues theme song as their anthem. An Israeli band made a superb techno remix of the theme song that still plays in many nightclubs (it's called Heart of Marco). Finally, virtually every youngster, teenager or student knows of this series and can sing the theme by heart; but almost no one can give more than a hazy idea of the plot given how depressing this series is/was.

3000 Leagues was still screened here until very recently, and for all I know may be screened still. It's one of the longest running animated features in Israel and is widely respected and appreciated. This fansub release of the original japanese version means a lot to me and many of my friends - please keep at it.

themongomania

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 10:23:26 pm »
I have to add my voice here to say that we need more 3000 leagues in search of mother.  It is truly a great show and I hope to see more of it soon.

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 07:39:42 am »
when is relatively soon T_T it's been over a year since you started releasing this series and almost a year since the last episode T_T

Offline Teppei

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 08:51:14 am »
Soon should be soon, I am thinking, depending...