Author Topic: 3000 leagues in search of mother  (Read 122834 times)

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: 3000 leagues in search of mother
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 04:24:41 am »
it has now been ten months since the last episode.  live evil if you have no intention of ever subbing this again, at least release the raws.  please, i am begging you.  or else give it to another fan subber.  this is ridiculous, you guys can spend all your time doing other series but you can forget about others  that fans have been asking for for months .   you have completed whole series before doing this one.   give us a straight answer rather than "we'll release it eventually".

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 03:25:27 pm »
o.O
did you see somewhere on the forum or the main www that we drop it ?
also your post means that we should only care about *your* interest (aka 3000 Leagues in search of Mother ) and  not care about others ...
Or maybe you forgot that we've got a life ...
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2005, 03:42:17 am »
i didn't say it was only my interest.  other people have been waiting too and we are tired.  so release the raws if you can't subtitle it.  and if you have lives then why are you subtitling other series?  are you trying to say that this series isn't worth your time? 

all i want is an answer.  if condor hero or initial D or yuor other favorite live evil series wasn't seen with a new episode for a year would you be concerned? i rest my case.

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2005, 02:12:37 pm »
i'm not trying to say anything but 'wait' ...
the notion of 'life' is there to point that we can eventually decide to push one serie instead of another ( because for example we didn't release something since one year or more ... ) also you can take this like  ' the translator' is currently busy with his/her 'own' life  etc etc ...
Condor Hero was slow regarding releases ( & it 's one of my favourite serie ) , did i complain ? no , i just wait ..
i wasn't arguing like ' if you don't want to sub it anymore release the raw ...' not to notice that if we found raws , some else can find it too ...
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 05:24:14 pm »
the raws are coming from vcd's from the nineties that are out of print.  why don't you see if you can find them on the internet? 

all i am saying is just even a FEW episodes would have been nice.  i find it odd that live evil was pushing this series during the time when the first few episodes came out and then suddenly abandoned it. 

all the raws that i have been able to find are in chinese.  i'd like to see you search for them.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2005, 11:06:52 pm »
We bought the official Japanese raws. They are laserdiscs.

Anyway, the reason this project has been slow is because the editor has been AWOL for a while. I have been trying to get him to resume work on it ><

I'll poke him again

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline KHS

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 08:21:24 am »
I keep checking back, hoping for more.  Keep poking!   8)

eigakantoku

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 07:34:47 pm »
I just wanted to thank everyone at L-E who got this series going again.  When I saw that it was available for download I was super happy and I really appreciate it.

Has anyone gotten good mp3s of the Op/Ed?  I'd love to have them.

Offline ladoga

• n00b Hero
  • what is this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 04:24:32 am »
I'm waiting most for GE999 and this one to get subbed. Both of these classics were released originally over 20 years ago and im not sure if they get ever distributed with english subs. Most newer stuff probably will, sooner or later.

Im very happy even with these few episodes though. Thanks for great work.

Magiseanzz

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2005, 08:20:06 am »
I registered just to post on this forum for this anime.

In response to the recent release of episode 7...

I just wanted to give a big thanks to all the parties involved.  I'll admit, when I initially started watching this series a few months ago, I was a bit hesitant.  I thought it was old and couldn't possibly have any universality, but something kept insisting within me to give it a shot.  I downloaded it and watched it, and with the first episode, I was already in love.

For a slight backstory to that, my mother and sister recently moved out of town and I've been missing them.  The three of us are really very close, and I tend to get lonely without them, since they've always been there and suddenly they aren't.  This anime caters to these emotions in a sense; not in that I'm having a pity party, but in that the emotions come through as very real.  Nothing is more heartbreaking than Marco chasing after his mother's liner setting sail.  I can remember how I felt as my mom drove off in the van when she moved, and I stood behind waving.

At any rate, I'm very anxious to see more of this anime.  Oh, and to answer the question of finding mp3s of the OP and ED, I have decent files of both.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time with my little post.

crealism

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2005, 07:42:11 pm »
Can anyone seed episode five? I'm halfway through and have been waiting for 2 days without any seeders.. :(.. it's sad that so few people take notice of this masterpiece. thanks in advance!!

Nemesis

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2005, 09:42:58 pm »
I had randomly downloaded this anime, not knowing anything about it. All I knew was it had a interesting title.

When I first started to watch it, I was dissapointed, because it was soooo old, and the animation was also looking very old.

But...by the time the episode was over, I realized that it had so utterly kept my attention, and I was really anxious to watch the next episode to see what happens.

Then I read your guy's message at the end of it, and I became even more interested, and as you can see, I am posting about it, and encouraging you to continue subbing it. You believe it's a worthwhile diamond in the rough....So do I.

Thank you for subbing all the ones you have subbed thus far.

Offline ladoga

• n00b Hero
  • what is this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 05:52:02 pm »
Can anyone seed episode five? I'm halfway through and have been waiting for 2 days without any seeders.. :(.. it's sad that so few people take notice of this masterpiece. thanks in advance!!

Why dont you just download it from bots at  irc.enterthegame.com #live-evil. Bots have nice bandwidth so it's really quick..takes some 15min/episode for me. (2Mbit here)

strawberryhat

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2005, 02:03:37 am »
I love "3000 Leagues In Search Of Mother." Thank you  so much for all the hard work you've done (and are still doing).

Hey...does anyone know (or if anyone that's part of live-evil is reading this right now, because oubviously you would know :D) ...what song is that playing over the "live-evil" end credits, at the end of episode 1? It sounds so beautiful. I recognized some of the other songs from the other episodes ending credits...but I have never heard this song before. Does anyone know?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 02:25:17 am by strawberryhat »

Toni

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2005, 12:13:35 am »
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 07:30:12 pm by Toni »