Author Topic: 3000 leagues in search of mother  (Read 122539 times)

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
Re: 3000 leagues in search of mother
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 09:32:02 pm »
Okay, Quit crying. GOSH. Why are all fans a bunch of whining, crying...... ;D ;D

Anyway, As per Dr. Rin, If you find the people to hijack the series, I will do my best to equivocally support'such a commandering of it. Then there is the matter of WHO HAS THE RAWS, which I'm fairly sure it's tofu. In that case, Your issues may be more complex, but I do not see where with the proper coercion, SHOULD You actually find the people, that you would not be able to see it off of it's feet again.

Offline Zora

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2006, 06:37:24 pm »
Well, they are on DVD at yesasia.com.  Search for Marco Appenines  and all 13 vols will show up.

I am very tempted to ask another fansubber to look into this because there was only one new episode last year, and I know of other fansubbers that are able to churn out more in a year.  For pete's sake Gumbaloom worked on PGSM .

I'm not saying there should be an episode every week.  But is 2 a month really too much to ask for?

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2006, 07:49:10 pm »
:|

Take out your frustrations on Tofusensei. I'm not capable of translating myself yet and Tofusensei is in possesion of the typeset scripts which posses the styles / fonts I'd need to typeset the eps myself.

My hands are tied on this one unless Tofu stops failing it :/

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2006, 08:31:56 pm »
I dunno about that last comment there. L-E actually HANDLES things, as opposed to MURDERING THEM.
If you want to put this in someone else's hands, be my guest.......but the result may be less than thrilling.
Or, you could go parading into the Shadowlands to get Tofu back, but chances are you'd end up as corrupted as him.
IMHO, It would be better to just find someone who cares about the series AND is a good TL, and you could get a movement started inside L-E to resume it. There's no Space Pirates, and No mysterious Blondes with tragic pasts....I could barely sit through the first episode without being bored half to death, So don't come to me for anything, but It would still be good, and I think we both know it, to ensure that you have the creative staff of L-E supporting whatever endeavor you wish to see done to perfection.
No Space Pirates....what were they thinking? No Giant Robots either? I mean WHAT do people see in this show? I completely don't get it..... ??? ???

Offline Alinalennon

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2006, 08:14:33 pm »
I dunno about that last comment there. L-E actually HANDLES things, as opposed to MURDERING THEM.
If you want to put this in someone else's hands, be my guest.......but the result may be less than thrilling.
Or, you could go parading into the Shadowlands to get Tofu back, but chances are you'd end up as corrupted as him.
IMHO, It would be better to just find someone who cares about the series AND is a good TL, and you could get a movement started inside L-E to resume it. There's no Space Pirates, and No mysterious Blondes with tragic pasts....I could barely sit through the first episode without being bored half to death, So don't come to me for anything, but It would still be good, and I think we both know it, to ensure that you have the creative staff of L-E supporting whatever endeavor you wish to see done to perfection.
No Space Pirates....what were they thinking? No Giant Robots either? I mean WHAT do people see in this show? I completely don't get it..... ??? ???

Our taste in Anime is just different... It's normal to have a different taste in things.  ;)
I like it because it was one of my childhood's series (I watched it with hebrew dubbing), and now I'm REALLY glad I have the chance to watch it in Japanese.
And even if I saw it completely some 3 times in the past, it's still interest me. The drawings style... The story... Sometimes I prefer old Animes than modern.

And me too, don't uderstand why L-E even started to translate this Anime (and bought the RAWs!), if they stopped in the 7th episode...

Please! If you guys in L-E doesn't see any future to the translation of this great Anime in your team, please at least release the RAWs so other groups will traslate it!  :'(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 08:16:48 pm by Alinalennon »
Yuki Eiri is awesome, worship him! ^_^

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2006, 08:50:36 pm »
I completely agree that the general rule is that the older an anime is, the better it is.

In response to your question, the reason it stopped was because of Tofu.

Offline dragon300zx

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2006, 09:00:42 pm »
I think what masa is hinting at is that a big part of the reason many of the sub's that we like are stalled is because live-evil like any organization is currently expeirencing staffing problems.  One if their key staff members has become unreliable due to issues in his personal life that are taking time away from his L-E duties.  This is hurting everyone.  But there is a way to fix it.  Find some more quality crew members for L-E, I believe they need more translators, qc, editing, typesetting, and timing.  I'm sure if you could get some quality people to add to their staff L-E would be happy to restart the stalled subs and begin releasing them again.

Or see if there is another way you personally can help with something.  The more people that are helping the group, the more subs the group can produce.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 09:02:25 pm by dragon300zx »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2006, 12:40:05 pm »
The only person in possesion of 3000 Leagues laser discs ----> Tofu

The onlyperson in possesion of 3000 leagues raw scripts ----> Tofu

The only person in possesion of finalised 3000 leagues scripts which contain all the typesetting styles etc needed to copy on to future eps -----> Tofu

If you can tell me how I can get round the above then I'll be happy to listen

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline nowaymf

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2006, 10:51:31 pm »
I just wanted to add my voice to those already here. I'm also an Israeli and wanted to say that 3000 Leagues is a truly great series that has had a deep impact and lasting impact on this country. The national phone company launched a campaign that used Marco as a main character "phoning" his mother using one of their calling cards. The submarine fleet uses the 3000 Leagues theme song as their anthem. An Israeli band made a superb techno remix of the theme song that still plays in many nightclubs (it's called Heart of Marco). Finally, virtually every youngster, teenager or student knows of this series and can sing the theme by heart; but almost no one can give more than a hazy idea of the plot given how depressing this series is/was.

3000 Leagues was still screened here until very recently, and for all I know may be screened still. It's one of the longest running animated features in Israel and is widely respected and appreciated. This fansub release of the original japanese version means a lot to me and many of my friends - please keep at it.

Hello all,

I am the 3rd Israeli posting in this thread, and as a matter of fact, I don't find it surprising for one bit! This series, dubbed "Halev" (the heart) here in Israel, is a true classic masterpeace. As tautau stated ('tautau the panda bear' was also a famous series here  :)), '3000 leagues in search of mother' had a profound impact on Israeli youth. I, personally, can't imagine my childhood without it! I have never - ever - shed more tears on ANY man made production as I've had on this one as a kid, and I don't think I ever will either; no other series had been able to touch one's heart as this one.  It is interesting to observe this phenomenon, as many Israelis - more or less - share my feelings for this show; the character of Marco seems to be an inseparable part of our culture even today.

It will be a great pleasure having the rest of the episodes available for download as well!

BTW 1: GUYS, please SEED torrents for episodes 1-6! (encouraged by Masakari...  ;D)

BTW 2: The episode in which Marco finally meets his mother will be aired tomorrow here in Israel on national television ("Channel 1" at 14:50), followed by the last episode detailing their return home - the day after tomorrow at the exact same time. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 10:56:03 pm by nowaymf »

Offline Teppei

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2006, 06:29:51 pm »
I still have all the styles and stuff, in fact, I'm still available to time/edit/trans check/typeset etc, but I don't have raws or scripts.  I've made some attempts to contact Tofu, but no response.  If anyone can get this project going, let me know.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2006, 12:39:55 am »
Talk to Gumbaloom. He's far less scatterbrained/erratic than Tofu, and generally very organized.
[/end relevant part of the post]

ALSO WE DO NOT LIKE WUSSY ANIMEZ. GIVE ME ROBOTS AND SWORDS AND HAWT GURLZ!!! OH EM GEEEEE!!!! ROFLZWAFFLEBZBBQ!!!!

Offline zetecr

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2006, 05:35:23 pm »
Now that Tofusensei seems to be back (or at least posting in other threads), I wonder if he would mind giving us an update...

BTW, I know people aren't serious, but even so, "wussy" just isn't the word to describe this classic that, on the contrary, portrays utmost strength of character and resolve. I have come across few characters with more guts than young Marco, and that's why I'm so hopeful of being able to show my six-year old son the rest of the series.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2006, 01:58:44 am »
I still have all the styles and stuff, in fact, I'm still available to time/edit/trans check/typeset etc, but I don't have raws or scripts.  I've made some attempts to contact Tofu, but no response.  If anyone can get this project going, let me know.

Oh, man... I didn't see this post until now. Sorry about everything :X

Trom, I need to recapture ep 8, let's get working on the next episode. (I lost the original capture in one of my many HD deaths)...

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2006, 12:21:44 pm »
I really hope we get this one going again.  As always I'm more than happy to assist with edit/qc etc.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline Alinalennon

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2006, 02:31:13 pm »
Tofu! You're back!!! *so happy*  ;D
Yuki Eiri is awesome, worship him! ^_^