Author Topic: Ideas for More Matsumoto Series later on  (Read 12597 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Ideas for More Matsumoto Series later on
« on: February 11, 2005, 03:47:51 pm »
I'm not talking about now, but there are 2 very classic Matsumoto series that are coming out or have come out on DVD. I'd love very much for either us or another competent group to subtitle them eventually. Unfortunately since L-E is working some older projects through the pipeline (like Rose of Versailles, Yawara, and GE999) for now, we cannot tackle these any time soon. But I just want to make it public my desire to see these subtitled.

Recently Central-Anime has been subbing Space Battleship Yamato TV and AUF has been subbing the Captain Harlock 1978 TV series, so it is a regular renaissance for Matsumoto television!

Anyway, the series I am talking about are Endless Road SSX (mugen kidou SSX), and the Queen Millennia TV series (新竹取物語 1000年女王). The DVD box for Endless Road SSX came out last October but the first press is sold out. Hopefully it'll go back for sale soon. And the box for Queen Millennia comes out in June, http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007OE0Z0/qid%3D1107799729/250-0552355-3022625

Endless Road SSX is a continuation of the classic 'Arcadia of my Youth' Movie from 1982. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-2357

Anyway, I promise you lots of of current projects from L-E in the very immediate future. Please do not lose hope in us as we've been struggling lately but we are bouncing back with a new vigor like you've never seen from us before. You'll understand what I am talking about in a month or two. I promise all you Matsumoto fans that we will not disappoint, your Maetel dreams will come true very very soon.

On a more serious note, if anyone is seriously interested in these shows and would actually consider purchasing the DVD sources for them that would be a HUGE first step in getting them subtitled eventually. I personally do not have the resources to buy them at this time. Don't get me wrong, we're not asking deliberately for sponsors, but if someone has the money and wants to own a piece of these shows while helping out the anime community and Matsumoto (and classic anime) fans like yourself, then please feel free to do so. It would be the best gift you could give back to the community. If you are interested in purchasing these at all, let me know.

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for More Matsumoto Series later on
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 11:35:48 am »
mmmmm
very interesting. Dont talk to me tofu. I might be able to buy teh dvds but u never ask.
Vash XD

Offline tochiro

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 08:29:39 pm »
I have a suggestion for a series: Starzinger
It's one of his series that are not related to GE999/harlock universe.
73 episodes

More info on Starzinger:
http://www.warfist.com/starzinger/index2.html
http://welcome.to/starzinger/
http://imdb.com/title/tt0185655/

There are 19 DVDs floating around on eBay from time to time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 08:36:46 pm by tochiro »
Leiji Matsumoto fan

lordwu

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 10:37:07 am »
Endless Road SSX is actually in stock at Amazon JP: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002HV3OI/

Tempted to get it but it will only push me deeper into debt hell. :~~

octione

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 08:35:27 am »
First i'd like to thank this group for releasing Leiji Matsumoto's works, i remember a few years ago it was impossible to get any of his stuff, i'm guessing Galaxy Railways was so good that many new viewers got hooked on Leiji Matsumoto's stories and style.

I think it would be great if you can sub Endless Orbit SSX, Arcadia of My Youth was so good it deserved a sequel, but i was thinking that maybe it's better if you focus on his latest series, they're much easier to find, his classics are probably better but most of them were lenghty series which makes the subbing process harder.

A recent matsumoto anime that i don't think has been licensed or subbed is Submarine Super 99, well according to anidb there's a sub by a group called Infusion but they don't seem to be working anymore, and it looks really good, maybe some of you won't like it because Maetel is not on it, but Matsumoto's women all look the same. The latest internet radio series should be interesting to sub aswell - Yuma no Monogatari ~ Symphony No. V .. it's basically a radio drama but it's got some animation in it (basic ones though), and the episodes are free to download on the oficial site, in case any of you haven't seen it or listened to it.

http://showmans.tv/zero/channel/ch1o_b/index.html
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 08:37:08 am by octione »

Helen

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 11:20:58 am »
Hi - new member, but regular reader de-lurking... If it helps I already have SSX on DVD, but it's PAL (the Italian release), and I'm getting Queen Millennia in June... Although I do have both shows (plus Danguard Ace) raw on VCD already as well - the quality isn't too bad on those, and I'm happy to supply copies. I also have Submarine Super 99... Tofu-sensei, if you want to email me offlist about it, I'm on thirteen.worlds@ntlworld.com.

H
PS: Great work on SSM and GTM - I've been buying the shows, but it's nice to have some help on the translation at times on the tricky bits!

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 07:33:31 pm »
Hi - new member, but regular reader de-lurking... If it helps I already have SSX on DVD, but it's PAL (the Italian release), and I'm getting Queen Millennia in June... Although I do have both shows (plus Danguard Ace) raw on VCD already as well - the quality isn't too bad on those, and I'm happy to supply copies. I also have Submarine Super 99... Tofu-sensei, if you want to email me offlist about it, I'm on thirteen.worlds@ntlworld.com.

H
PS: Great work on SSM and GTM - I've been buying the shows, but it's nice to have some help on the translation at times on the tricky bits!

Yamato Video releases, i presume? BTW, do they include japanese audio?
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Helen

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 10:56:18 am »
>Yamato Video releases, i presume? BTW, do they >include japanese audio?

The SSX disks do indeed have the Japanese language track intact, including opening and ending titles - I wouldn't have offered my services otherwise!!

The SPCH disks, sadly, you get the show in Japanese, but have to put up with the op. and ed. titles in Italian...

H

octione

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 09:37:06 pm »
What about Queen Emeraldas OVAs 3 and 4? they were never released by ADV only 1 and 2, i always wondered what happened in the other 2.

Helen

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 10:49:47 am »
The Queen Emeraldas OAVs are still available from Amazon.jp... I have those as well - and as a bonus, they have "Torajima no Mi-me" on them - two fifteen minute shorts about the originial "Mi-kun" based on the manga of the same name....

H

octione

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 06:41:27 am »
looks like Submarine Super 99 has already been licensed and released, but i can't seem to find it in any online stores, perhaps the company went out of busisness.
enoki films:

http://www.enokifilmsusa.com/library/ss99.htm

SotorinKaroru

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 09:59:52 pm »
The mention of Starzinger has me craving some Dangard Ace, but I don't know where you'd get the source materials to do the job. If I find them online, I'll let you know. . . . .

Helen

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 02:16:44 pm »
>The mention of Starzinger has me craving some Dangard >Ace, but I don't know where you'd get the source >materials to do the job. If I find them online, I'll let you >know. . . 

<raises hand again> Over here... VCD copies of the raws that are reasonable quality... all 56 episodes. And if the person spposedly trading with me gets his finger out on the last batch, I should have Starzinger complete soon as well. Always happy to sort something out if the group want contact me off-list...

H