Author Topic: Wolf's Rain Anticipation  (Read 24272 times)

Akbar_Watanabe

Wolf's Rain Anticipation
« on: October 03, 2003, 05:10:35 am »
I know the DVDs have been released in Japan(5 of them anyway), but I am really anxious for the US release. Do you know when that will be? Also, having trouble deciding which series to pursue now that I have finished watching Wolf's Rain... Anime that I have liked in the past have included: Cowboy Bebop(!!!), Love Hina, FLCL, Kenshin, Hellsing, Trigun, and Lain. Can someone suggest another along those lines?

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
Re: Wolf's Rain Anticipation
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 08:25:21 am »
Witch Hunter Robin should be out soon, Noir is already out and that totally rocks.  Oh and for something more light hearted, try Read or Die, a 3ep OVA on one DVD.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Wolf-girl400

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 02:24:49 pm »
Wolf's Rain will be coming out next year, im not sure when. I think eithier early Spring or early Summer. ^^  i wuv Wolf's Rain.

Akbar_Watanabe

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 07:24:38 am »
I guess I had one other question... I know it got licensed, but it hasnt all aired in japan yet, are you going to translate episodes 27-30 or are they part of the license deal? cause damnit, i need to know what happens!

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 05:58:09 pm »
I think it is included in the deal, it would be daft if it wasn't.

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 07:27:27 pm »
RahXephon is a must see, totally rocks, the DVDs are out, I already have seen and got the whole series before it got licensed and I have bought DVD 1 - 5 (which came out last week). but I'm in Europe so there could be more out in the US.

Also a nice anime is called Get Backers, I sure fancy that one.

Also, Love Hina and Hellsing, I would not call being of the same line though, if it is, please do explain, so I might learn.

I'm enjoying Angel's Tail or Tenshi no Shippo Chu and Happy Lesson, that's kinda in the line of LH, a guy surrounded by girls/women and things happen, quite funny.

Maybe you'd like Onegai Twins and Azumanga Daioh.

Also keep an eye out for Shingetsutan Tsukihime, that's an anime in the vampire genre.
Have you seen Blood: the last vampire, Vampire Princess Miyu, Vampire Hunter D and/or Nightwalker?

I so love Vampire genre stuff, if you know of any others, please return the favor and name them for me, it would be very much appreciated.

Shifter

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2003, 07:13:18 pm »
Hitsuji is really great, if you like vampires.

Saya

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2003, 02:59:31 pm »
Hi! I have a question.
When will Wolf's Rain 27+ be out in Japan?

lemonherb

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 12:01:26 pm »
Wow, after watching 27 & 28, I've seen 3 primary characters killed.

I wonder if the remainder of the series is going to consist of killing the rest of the cast.

Mutt

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 07:45:38 pm »
If you want to know when the new DVD will be out in Japan try http://www.wolfs-rain.com. Anime news network has posted that Cartoon network will premiere Wolf's Rain on April 24th at 11pm.

Marilyn

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 10:57:47 pm »
Saiyuki is really good. I've been buying the DVDs for it as it comes out (which is rare). It's fantasy genre. The other suggestions people gave I back up, especially the Vampire Hunter D movies.

Cartoon Network will only air eps 1 - 26 of Wolf's Rain as of right now. I think they are airing it before the DVD release to try and generate more DVD sales once it comes out.

I'm sad I'll have to wait a long time to see the ending.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 05:08:30 pm »
DVDs are out in French subbed/dubbed and subbed in Dutch as well (volumes 1-2)

Offline King_Parliament

• n00b Hero
  • Hige is teh sHizz0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 09:16:17 pm »
What about the US release of Wolf's Rain? Well, according to amazon.com and a couple other anime distribution sites, the current date for the first DVD is June 22nd. I've heard rumors flying around that the Limited Edition (which comes with Kiba plush and the absolutely STUNNING soundtrack) has been pushed back to July 7th, but as far as I know that's a rumor.

Say, question for those that are in the know, how many episodes of Wolf's Rain will be on each DVD? The Japanesed DVD put on 2-3 per release, and the American version can't only have one because according to amazon the total running time is 125 min. Anyone know?
"There are only two things in life that are infinate, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not so sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

Jayplex

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 06:35:29 am »
I can't wait till the American DVDs of wolfs rain comes out I will buy all the DVDs of wolfs rain when ever ther do. I did see all the episodes in Jap. the end throws me off alittle but I stilllove watching the show

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 09:27:52 pm »
i just saw the first 5 eps on dvd at best buy this week..it was "limited edition" with a kiba plushie..wasnt worth the money tho
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!