Author Topic: initial d 4th stage ep. 11 and 12  (Read 72389 times)

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
Re: initial d 4th stage ep. 11 and 12
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2005, 12:59:19 am »
Main reason: We don't know how long can take the QCing.

Live-Evil always, and i repeat always uses the 3Qcers per episode rule. So... let's just guess that for example, one of the qcers can't qc-it on for example... 2 weeks from now? We have to wait until we get the 3 qcers to check the file, then the editor still has to correct the errors, the encoder has to do multiple encodes until he gets it right, etc.
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

vollmer

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2005, 02:47:53 am »
Like I said, I publish a GPL project that is 'charity' and compleatly free and I give ETA's.

I know plenty of other GPL projects that give ETA's. That's not a reason.. (side note I didn't actually ask, I asked why asking was so frowned upon, and that the answers recieved were so snobish)

As for arguging numbers, who says they have to respond? A single blanket "update of status" would work and if poeple want more details like _extact_ times they can SuckItUp (tm) I'm just trying to figure out why no information is given, and the idea of giving out such information seems to be compleatly out of the question.

As for "we don't know how long it's going to take because we don't know when our QC people will get a chance to look at it" Well you could say

"We've sent it to our QC's we are waiting on them"  or even
"We've got the ok from 2/3 QC's waiting on the last one"

both of those are loads better then "We won't tell you! It's out when it's out!"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 02:51:34 am by vollmer »

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2005, 03:15:53 am »
Like I said, I publish a GPL project that is 'charity' and compleatly free and I give ETA's.

I know plenty of other GPL projects that give ETA's. That's not a reason.. (side note I didn't actually ask, I asked why asking was so frowned upon, and that the answers recieved were so snobish)

As for arguging numbers, who says they have to respond? A single blanket "update of status" would work and if poeple want more details like _extact_ times they can SuckItUp (tm) I'm just trying to figure out why no information is given, and the idea of giving out such information seems to be compleatly out of the question.

As for "we don't know how long it's going to take because we don't know when our QC people will get a chance to look at it" Well you could say

"We've sent it to our QC's we are waiting on them"  or even
"We've got the ok from 2/3 QC's waiting on the last one"

both of those are loads better then "We won't tell you! It's out when it's out!"

Want an answer don't you? Ok... let's do a small game: It's somewhere between editing/timing and QC-encoding
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2005, 03:27:13 am »
i cant believe that Sun_Tze gave an answer and you're still complaining.  this is why the "it's out when it's out" is implied.  sure people may not like it but geez whatever happened to patience??  fact is there are people, like Sun_Tze, who give a reasonable request and politely say that it isnt ready and give it some time but yet threads like this pop up..or you go in the chan and have 50 people ask the same question (those people dont even bother to read the topic) so yeah. it's out when it's out. personally, l-e is the least rude group out there. we're friendly..just dont nag us to death :/
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2005, 03:42:22 am »
vollmer, u should Stfu, Sun_Tze gave a more than reasonable answer, u should open ur F#$@en eyes, god damn people just dont understand. If u really want the eps so badly then theres another crappy group that has done half-assed subs, if u dont like theirs, then STFU and wait like everybody else.
Sry if Iam rude, its just I cant take people like u. L-E is doing this for free, they certainly dont have to tell u when its going to be out. Its THEIR project, heck if u can find another group that does a spectacular job like L-E (ID only), then I'll let u drive my S14.
Damn, now back to Drinking.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

vollmer

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2005, 04:06:44 am »
Sun_Tze,

getting back to my origional intention, is there any intention/desire to post that kind of information somewhere on your main page (maybe it's there and I'm blind) What I was trying to get at with my origional post was rather than the no answer which just causes flame wars back and forth or the "Are we there yet" questions is there not something like

Initial D 4th Stage EP 11 & 12
       Step 1 : Raws Recieved  

•        Step 2 : ???                    

•        Step 3 : Profit!                

• I know that takes time, but I really think it would answer a lot of peoples questions. Fewer "Does LE have the raws yet have they started how far are they?" type questions. And when they do occure rather than a random non LE person letting into the person who asked - giving us all an oppertunity to roast marshmellows on the open flame - they could just "say goto X url (RTFM basicly)" and that shows the progress

Like I said before, I guess I was wondering if there was a reason to not have that, maybe ya'll haven't had the time, idea or desire, just seems like it'd save a lot of hassle

Ya'll already have some of the best subbing around why not knock it up a notch and have the best customer support?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 04:10:06 am by vollmer »

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2005, 04:54:08 am »
I was quite happy just coming in here every day to check if the eps had been released, but after Vollmer's comments, had to register just to make a point.

They could do that if they wanted to, but they're not obliged to, nobody under the GPL, BSD, or any other licencing "scheme" is obliged to give an ETA on their progress, or impeding release. I do some software development myself, and I don't give ETA's, because then it makes people expect too much of you when you go past it, and it makes the pressure even higher on yourself to get the job done and not dissapoint anyone!

Here, they do the job, get the product out, you all rejoice untill the next two eps. I'm honestly gratefull for their stuff, and the fact that they don't give a progress update means it's kinda like a surprise when it gets released (To me, that makes the wait all that much better).

Doing progress reports or even updating a website, even as simple as it might appear to be, to track the progress of something like this is a pain, because there are too many factors in the whole thing to really give an accurate responce about. If anything, they could say "Yes, we have the raws", and then you be quiet untill they go "Yes, we're done, here's the files". Reasons I can think of are along the lines of:

1. Internet connections to send/recieve the data from one person to another when the files are being done.
2. The amount of QC that they do, it makes it quite complex.
3. Possible data corruption, hard disk failure, ISP failure... Hell, any critical component failure is a major setback on a timeline.

Now that I'm sorta done in the whole thing, long explanation short:

"BE PATIENT! They're human just like us, give them a break"
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Shadow096

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2005, 04:54:13 am »
or you could go here--------->  http://gfs-fs.surugi.com/

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2005, 06:36:03 am »
vollmer sometimes its in the TOPIC on irc.  if you read the TOPIC on irc then you'd know the status of the project. but then this is getting old. sometimes there is a comment about id if mamo-chan is feeling like a uuuhh...err..jerk and will leave something up there.  but really we dont have to give etas/upload a url for every project we do.  mostly as because we have LIVES (i.e i had 2 surgeries last month, some people had exams; you know the things that happen when you dont watch anime) there really is no eta.  it get's done when it gets done.  be happy.  all this complaining and noise doesnt get anything done quicker so why go through it? really the only people who may have any right to wonder where the show they like are akazukin chacha, rov and peach girl people.  who havent had their shows in a longer time than you ID4 people but yet dont give the same hassle as you guys.  why is that?  so relax.
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2005, 03:27:04 pm »
i agree i mean honestly would you rather watch the shitty tokyopop IDs? or something good. i dont care when it comes out or how long it takes cause i know if i get too impatient i can go somewhere else and get a POS fix then come back when the good stuff is out. And get a Great Fix. And if I was givin an ETA it would mess with my life because i would check beck alot around the tiem it got close and anothing would get done. Im Glad there is no ETAs
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

gob

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2005, 05:08:46 pm »
lol @ stainy's quoted: "lives.....forgot about that..."

Funny as hell. :)

Sorry if I mentioned the "waiting for it" thing... I was just joining fans and showing that I am eager too.

But I would never ask "when", I can understand that this helps nothing.  Working with release dates could result in something other than the best that we are used to.  And I am grateful to be able to see Initial D which would not be possible without Live-Evil.

Besides - you would just wait longer for the next episode if this one is out sooner!

I don't think I can get enough ID. Its like a drug. Speaking of which... its weekend... here's to all the crazy Japanese bringing us the good stuff! :)

Offline JC

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2005, 08:26:12 pm »
Another thing with ETA's... It's kinda like giving a false promise if it gets pushed back and pushed back for whatever reasons :/

Keep up the good works, the other one I watched of ep 11 just doesn't cut it, you do a much much better job, it's actual translation, and all in english! :D
"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven" - John Milton, Paradise Lost

Offline hellbent

• Condor Hero
  • don't drift under the influence
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2005, 12:18:50 am »
seems to me, that some people are finally getting it. for a sec there, U people confirmed my faith in humanity (then it dropped down to 0)
Good job L-E, btw check out the IDforums.net, and look at the current pole their having, looks like everybody loves L-E subs.
There are 2 things infinite.
Human stupidity and the Universe....Iam not sure about the universe.

Kyuzo

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2005, 01:30:47 am »
Fist off I would like to thank Sum_tze, Crypticgimp and everyone on the L-E staf (sorry i dont know all your names).

And to Vollmer just wait like the rest of us. The "It will come out when It comes out" rule is how it has always been, and as far as I know it will always be that way. and thats fine with me, and Im shure thats how 99 % of us think.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 01:31:40 am by Kyuzo »

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2005, 05:02:40 am »
thanks kyuzo...i'm sure the other members are trolling about someplace (i dunno all l-e staff names either.  oops :P)
I AM queen of underwire!