Author Topic: LIVE-EVIL??  (Read 12833 times)

agnostic

LIVE-EVIL??
« on: March 26, 2005, 10:30:18 am »
I’ve been viewing subs from your group for sometime now and I enjoy the good quality. But, something has been raising my curiosity for quite a while! What are you guys all about? Since I don't seem to see any about us page or history I am wondering the meaning of your group's title? Does it have any significance? Does the second part of your title actually mean “EVIL”? If so, then why? Was it meant to be that way? Or does that have nothing to do with it at all?

I know I am asking a lot of questions and I probably seem like a nut to you, but when I go to your site that word EVIL just keeps jumping out at me.

Anyone who is in a position to know so, please explain as much as you can or please point me to the right page if this information is located somewhere on the site.

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
Re: LIVE-EVIL??
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 09:29:42 am »
Easy.

Live-eviL.

Notice how the final L is? Just change the order of the word "eviL" and you will understand :)
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 04:10:50 am »
:)

Basically the group's founder came up with a "badass name for a fansub group" at about 4AM one night, and made it his ambition to recruit people with the skills to fansub and create a group named Live-eviL. And that's all she wrote :)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

agnostic

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 01:01:01 am »
Well thank you for your insight. I was holding out a little longer to see if there were any more replies or explanations, but it appears that is all.

Although the title Live-Evil has its obvious metaphoric traits, at least the way the graphic portrays it, I figured there may be a deeper meaning. The way the graphic shows it makes it appear that the inventor or creator intended the “Live” to have a mirror image that reflected another plausible derivative of itself. As all mirrors reflect, the derivative appears backwards. The thing that I see typed out all over the site is in all actuality the word “Evil” and I’m guessing because there is no probable way to show the text in a mirrored / backwards state or in a font that all browsers would recognize.

So from your explanation I can safely assume that the founder isn’t necessarily an “Evil” fanatic, but the group’s title containing the word evil is merely a coincidence. I am glad to hear that and my conscious has been eased in a sense. After all, truthfully, I wouldn’t want to endorse, associate with, or receive products or services in any way from any kind of company or organization that openly sanctions evilness. It doesn’t matter if I am getting the service for free or not.

Please inform me if I have come to a conclusion on this too soon and your organization or members within indeed do have other feelings about “evilness”. I really like the quality of your team’s work and I encourage you to keep going, but I like to keep myself protected, in a sense, from things I really am better off staying away from.

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 02:11:05 am »
we're not evil...you got an explanation so why continue to make something out of nothing?
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 05:19:51 pm »
Now that's EVIL! ;D

Offline DeadAlready911

• kl33my Hero
  • Very Dead, Very Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 10:45:49 am »
Live-evilL, now with less live and 100% more EVIL.

Offline Corelian

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 12:31:54 am »
Oh, I always thought the name was a homage/rip-off of Black Sabbath's album of the same name. Linkage:
http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/liveevil.html

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 01:57:07 pm »
Who founded Live Evil, for what purpose, and when?  And how did u guys manage to join it?  Was she an anime fanatic? ??? ???
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 06:56:19 pm »
Less live, more evil~~~ ;)
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 03:34:45 am »
"Evil spelled backwards is live! and we all want to do that don't we?" -Mok Rock and Rule

-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 01:32:15 pm »
"Evil spelled backwards is live! and we all want to do that don't we?" -Mok Rock and Rule

So less forward, more backward.... ;D ;)