Author Topic: Windaria Discussion Thread  (Read 12150 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Windaria Discussion Thread
« on: April 01, 2005, 08:07:46 am »
Please use this thread to discuss the movie.

Also, before anyone points it out, the rights to the Japanese full-length version of Windaria are not owned by any English language distributor at this time. Streamline's license has expired and ADV's hacked version is not the one we subtitled. We have confirmed this directly with ADV ourselves. (Well, NoSanninWa from animesuki did) :)

Well, what did you guys think?

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Akirasuto

• Condor Hero
  • Booo
    • View Profile
Re: Windaria Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 01:09:10 pm »
It's lovely =)

I didn't like the ending though... :(

Tonyx35

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 05:35:24 pm »
I just wanted to post to say
Thank You very very much for releasing this.

I was able to find this movie once before (It had Japanese Dialogue and was uncut like this one, except it was subbed in spanish and was of lower video/audio quality)

I thought I was never going to see a High Quality uncut version with English Subtitles

I also thought that it was a Great movie after I first saw it (it's part of my top Ten list of Anime Films)  but it made me feel very very sad at the end  

coldstorm

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 06:55:47 pm »
Don't really know if this is an error but should the word "freer" the botton of the screen around 17:33 be free ?

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 02:07:41 am »
man i loved qcing this movie...the bast got what he diserved..and it's about hubris in it's many forms :) and a lovely body count to boot!
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Demn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 10:31:50 pm »
This project was the perfect example of what a crack team of fansubbers can come up with when given the proper weapons.

First you had NoSanninWa who flew to Boston to assassinate dlw at Otakon 2004, and then install a dummy to give the official statement which claimed the film was not licensed. That took alot of effort, thankfully NoSanninWa trained in Judo after watching all the Yawara episodes we had released, prior to the convention. Afterward, we went together on another mission to track down Agent Rupan, aka "Jigen Shultz" who had smuggled an english script into the States some years back. I actually spent a good few months in contact with different sources around Texas attempting to track Jigen down, but without any luck. It turns out he had slipped into Oklahoma when he received a tip about how NoSanninWa had knocked off dlw. Thankfully, Tofusensei was coming to link up with me in Austin, and happened to see Jigen in a highway-side diner (Tofusensei loves lemon meringue pie... don't ask <.<) and he was able to slip a few pills into Jigen's coffee when Jigen went to the restroom. After that, he grabbed the script for dialogue out of Jigen's jacket pocket and the rest is fansubbing history. :)

You see, in America we don't need ninjas. Just some bad-asses.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 10:41:30 pm by Demn »

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 11:49:16 pm »
Hopefully I'll finally find the time to watch this in the next few days.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Yadirs

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 02:02:20 am »
Thanks, thanks a lot for "Windaria".. I really love this movie and the lovely chara des made by Inomata Mitsumi. *_*

Maybe, in the future, we will enjoy also her work in "Utsu no Miko" movie + OAV series? I really hope so... ^_*

Offline slim_jim

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 09:05:50 pm »
Hey, I'm a little bit late here but I just wanted to say thanks for subbing this movie. I first saw this movie a long, long time ago. It was the english dubbed VHS version. I can't remember when I first saw it, but I must have only been 14 or 15 (I'm 24 now) and I loved it back then. It was one of the only movies that could make me cry. Years later I wanted to see the movie again but I could never find it. I found your sub on animesuki by accident (I was looking for something else in the W's and saw this movie there) and man was I glad to find it. It's great being able to see this show in it's original language with a REAL translation. It's pretty messed up how the old dubbed version completely changed the story... especially the ending. But anyway, thanks for subbing this. I know this movie gets a lot of bad reviews but personally it's one of my favorites. I don't think I'm ever going to forget the scene where Izu returns home to Marin.  :-[

Thanks again, keep up the good work.