Author Topic: The Glass Mask  (Read 59597 times)

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
The Glass Mask
« on: April 07, 2005, 07:17:21 am »
Does anyone care about this series?

A while back a thread was posted on animesuki posing the theoretical question of what to do here

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29924

After a few weeks, Oppai check back on the thread to find an admin lock it before sufficient data could be collected by the poll.  So we shelve the project.

But evidently there was some miscommunication -- a few days ago our piggy decide we were to release episodes one and two over bittorrent.  Maybe as a protest since his piggy treats at the bottom of his food bowl, forcing him to eat his normal food before the treats.  Either way, now the secret is out and so once again we have to ask if anyone cares about this series and if so how to release it.

Oppai does not make the mistake of posting again on animesuki, since the thread just ends up getting locked in time.  That is why it was determined by our pig that we should post here.

Like it was specified in the thread, the series is completely subbed.  Due to significant technical issues, Oppai cannot release more than one episode per week, if that.  

The group vetenarian lists the following reasons for this:  "Being in the state it's in, it takes the pig 7 carrots and approximentally 400g of weed in order to complete the release process for this show.  While weed can be ingested in large quantities rapidly, carrots can only be ingested one per day at most, lest they cause nervous system failure due to overly high levels of Vit. A.  Therefore in our current state we can release at best one episode of this per week without endangering our ability to release this and other similar projects in the future."  Please note that when he refers to "weed", he is not refering to pot (the drug), he is refering to hay, which is pretty standard staple food for animals of this type.

Unfortunately, our Feng Shui consultant is currently on holiday and our Astrologer is busy forecasting his usual doom and gloom (world will end in blah blah blah) so we cannot consult them as we do for the rest of our releases.  Please pass any comments or suggestions as far as this series to our pig so that he can decide what to do from here.  Thank you.

So you don't have to ask here is the picture for our pig.
www.live-evil.org/sindo/pig01.jpg

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
Re: The Glass Mask
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 11:58:38 pm »
I think we should just start an "Ask the pig" thread.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:06:58 am »
our pig is so cute and knowledgeable
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline mocoto

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 07:43:52 am »
I'm interested in it and one episode a week is good enough. It will take just 23 weeks anyway. Hope the post of the fansub of the old series will attract attention to the new series that just started in Japan.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 07:59:59 am »
According to our pig the new series 'kinda sucks'.  This one is much better.  There is also a 3-part OVA, but it is not very good either.  

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 08:03:08 am »
so i watched glass mask the other day...it reminded me of the movies "fame" and "flashdance"  hoping this series is better than either movie...
I AM queen of underwire!

LordGus

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 12:30:23 pm »
I love this series. Give me eps. =) No but seriously, Release as much as you can and I'll be happy. 1 ep/week is certainly good enough but if you can release them at a faster pace it would be even greater.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 02:18:13 pm »
The pig is listening !. Speak your mind and he shall decree our destinies !
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

The_id10t

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 03:43:44 pm »
Hi,
I love the two eps that have already been posted, and am hoping that you post more. I am part of a "download group" ... bandwidth is a bit expensive in my part of the world, and we are all very interested in the series. There is not much old anime floating around, and we will be very happy to watch a few of the older series.

Thanks a lot!

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 08:39:28 pm »
yeah...need more...
I AM queen of underwire!

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 07:27:43 am »
Also, if you do want more, is it to watch the episodes or is it just to collect them (ie. archive them with no intent of ever watching)?

SotorinKaroru

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 09:38:11 pm »
Hi,

I joined the forums so I could let you know, I really enjoy watching Glass Mask. The characters are great! I would love more episodes.  I look forward to comparing the new series with the old one and seeing what the differences are, if any.

Please keep Glass Mask as a current project!

Nana

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005, 08:48:09 pm »
well,sorry to bring up this topic again but like SotorinKaroru, I just joined so I could reply here... please keep on with this series. I really watch it and I love very much... It's nice to check the diferencies between the original and the new serie!

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 11:51:43 pm »
Our pig brought home a friend, so now we have two pigs (no pictures yet).  Hopefully this means twice as much stuff done, unless the new pig is even more lazy than the other one.  We'll see, if all goes well you can expect more of this series soon, as well as a few other series including one about a girl who becomes a pig.  Since that is the pigs' favorite series so far.

Nana

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 01:08:06 am »
so much stuff about pigs lol

well, the news are great then ^^ thank you very much