Author Topic: Gall force "the revolution"? (req)  (Read 8512 times)

Offline plasmacutter

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Gall force "the revolution"? (req)
« on: April 25, 2005, 01:21:57 am »
I would like to formally request a project be opened for subbing Gall force "the revolution".
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2117

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,582,rabkfy,gall_force__the.html

Alas, it has never been licensed for distribution in the US of A and I've received no news of plans for R1 release in the forseeable future.  Additionally, there have been no groups who have ever worked on it.

Since Live-Evil is known as "The Source" for those classics which never made it across the pacific, i seek your help =).

Thanks in advance for any consideration you give to the cause ^^;
Who are we who dare call ourselves the superior race?

Offline Zentron

• Condor Hero
  • I love Anime, plain and simple!
    • View Profile
    • Anime Forever
Re: Gall force "the revolution"? (req)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 01:46:26 am »
That sounds like a good one L-E, I have the old releases, I liked it a lot! Give it some thought guys, please!
Oi!  Who pinched my Anime??
My small UK Anime site - Anime-Forever
My D&Dc fan site: Journeys Of The Realm

Offline mocoto

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 03:07:45 am »
I would like to formally request a project be opened for subbing Gall force "the revolution".

Gall Force "The Revolution" is far from being a classic.  The fact that a series is a few years old doesn't  make it "a classic". And "The Revolution" isn't even that old... it's from 1996... newer than Evangelion. And the fact is that it's pretty boring.... There isn't absolutely anything special about that OVA.

Additionally, there have been no groups who have ever worked on it.

Wrong, young boy. The 4 OVAs were fansubbed on tape by Odyssey Anime. Odyssey is the same group that subbed the original Glass Mask TV series that is being "digitized" by Oppai.

Offline plasmacutter

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 08:23:54 am »
VHS doesn't count, it's a defunct format, and in addition VHS fansubs are too scarce to find.  Dismissing a request for a modern fansub of this is like dismissing someone's request for an mp3 of 70's era funk because "there are still some 8 tracks of that floating around".

Additionally, it's almost a decade since 1996... cars a decade old or more are considered classics if theyre in good condition.

Finally: revolution is probably the tie-in OVA which makes the Gall Force saga a truly "eternal" series.   Adjectives such as "boring" are subjective.   There are die-hard fans of the saga who'd like to see it subbed (like me), and considering it's only 4 eps I honestly didn't think the L-E team would consider it too much trouble.

Of course if it's a matter of financing I have no trouble financing the R2 purchase.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 08:30:28 am by plasmacutter »
Who are we who dare call ourselves the superior race?