Author Topic: The Snow Queen  (Read 255290 times)

sazabi

Re: The Snow Queen
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2005, 12:45:12 am »
wow when i saw the snow queen she rminded me of miya sama from onisama. then i realaized that i'm infront of new work for the 2 giniase

snow queen from the snow quen

Miya sama from onisam

One other thing what’s with Dezaki and the bill tolls? I mean he used it a lot in vesiles no bara –if this how it is writing- and there where tons of it in oniisama and now in the snow queen????.   

Offline Zentron

• Condor Hero
  • I love Anime, plain and simple!
    • View Profile
    • Anime Forever
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2005, 12:22:49 pm »
I came across this pic when trauling through my forum replies over at DeviantArt, you may like it:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/13616913/
Oi!  Who pinched my Anime??
My small UK Anime site - Anime-Forever
My D&Dc fan site: Journeys Of The Realm

Offline Lady_Bell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2005, 07:31:29 am »
;D  *dances a jig*  I was so happy when I noticed there was a new episode!  Definitely some good stuff this time around.  Poor Gerda and Kay...

As always, stellar job from everyone who worked on this.  ^_^

Slightly off-topic, by my sister and I were wondering... is the name of this group 'live' as in "I live in this house" or 'live' as in "We sell live bait here."  Just wondering, because we can never decide how to say it when we're talking about fansubs.  Lol.

Offline maziyarutei

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2005, 09:45:36 am »
actually i didn't know what snow queen was all about. i just download to see other L-E's project, the only anime i watch from L-E is initial d and i like the crystal clear quality of the video. i downloaded snow queen to see the anime's quality and all i could say that im impress with the way how L-E encode their videos.

anyway snow queen's story is a bit on the slow side but nevertheless, it's quite entertaining.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005, 12:41:10 pm »
;D  *dances a jig*  I was so happy when I noticed there was a new episode!  Definitely some good stuff this time around.  Poor Gerda and Kay...

As always, stellar job from everyone who worked on this.  ^_^

Slightly off-topic, by my sister and I were wondering... is the name of this group 'live' as in "I live in this house" or 'live' as in "We sell live bait here."  Just wondering, because we can never decide how to say it when we're talking about fansubs.  Lol.

There are two different pronounciations. The founder of the group, Sol, who came up with the name says "live" like "give". Other people in the group say "live" like "dive", so either one is okay :D

Me I like the "dive" one :)

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Lady_Bell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2005, 04:06:17 am »
anyway snow queen's story is a bit on the slow side but nevertheless, it's quite entertaining.

Well, considering how many episodes are planned, it follows that every single one isn't going to be action-packed.  Personally, I love the way the story is unfolding so far.   :)

And thanks for the info Tofu - mystery solved.  Lol.   ;)

sazabi

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2005, 01:19:52 pm »
Ok now we r talking the anime is becoming more dezakish now. we have the pigeons that colored church glass and above all dezaki’s trade mark the illustrations man I’m in heaven. Although that I still preface the old style of anime but the new style is mixing fine with dezakis work so far not as good as the old but still fine. Thenx guys for ur effort in bringing us this nice anime.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2005, 08:41:15 pm »
I should be editing ep4 sometime this week which will be fun!

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 02:02:46 am »
Depressing how slow these releases are going.  :-(  I've seen a download for ep16 raw even.  I want to know what happens next.  :-(

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 07:30:13 am »
So do I!

But which should I put first ? a) starting at a new school plus working a job to save money to go to Tokyo in December or b) typesetting Snow Queen eps

As much as I wanna do fansubbing logic dictates that a) should come first....

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Hirvine

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • World of Shenja
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 01:28:29 pm »
Which programs can you use for typesetting? I don't really  have a keyword for google or something. Could someone here advise me a good descent program which allows me to add subs to an movie, wanna try it for once.

gumbaloom I really thought you will choose b), ...

For manga, games and programs
Current program, Anime Manga Ost Manager at amo.worldofshenja.com, manage your backups!

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2005, 03:58:46 am »
If the tracker information is correct, it's been >24 days since ep3 was finished and put up.  Maybe you should just tell other fansubbers out there it's ok to do it.  For some reason the fansubbing scene seems to get competitive and people either compete to see who can do it "better" or will drop it if they see someone else working on it.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2005, 07:54:24 am »
Cypherunk I'd rather that Snow Queen didn't go the way Initial D does with people getting all antsy about the rate of releases. In the grand scheme of things Snow Queen is ticking over rather nicely. Maybe you havent looked at series like Creamy Mami (6 months without a release), Galaxy Express 999, Akazukin Cha Cha (14 months since the last release). So the fact that Snow Queen is coming out fairly regularly is actually quite good.

Now for your information Episode 4 got typeset this weekend and as I write this post is actually in QC. Now it *has* been ready for most of the week but tell me, if you've been working all week going out at 7am in a morning and only coming in at past 8 in the evening would YOU feel like doing any fansubbing ? :).

People appreciate the work we do because we take care with what we do. I love this show as do the other people working on the series but when the editor is holding down a job, i've got work and school during the week meaning I'm out most of the day during the week and the encoder is only at home over the weekends for the past few weeks we can't exactly turn out an ep every 2 day's. So I'm sorry that we can't meet your expected "release rate" but as always the golden rule of fansubbing is real life comes first ;).

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2005, 06:50:02 am »
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing.  We all have too much to do it always seems -- and speaking of hours, I routinely get up at 7:30-8 but go to sleep at 4...  :'(  Got to stop doing that...  I know how you feel.  I don't expect you to do it any faster, that's why I suggested that maybe you should just tell someone else to do it or something.  It's ok for some people for shows to come out one every so many months, but, for many of us, this is just way too much...  It shouldn't take over a year to see one series!  But, if each episode comes out at even a more optomistic rate than the 6 months you mentioned of let's say one month apart, it adds up to over a year...  And, I'm sorry, but, I subscribe to the belief that it's not a good argument to point at a worst case scenario example and say "at least it's better than THAT" and it's supposed to automatically be ok.  Anyway, I don't mean to sound "antsy" about it, and I hardly expect one episode a day or something crazy like that, but, it's driving me crazy that the only group out there even willing to touch the project is releasing only moderately better than one episode per month.

I'm not asking you to give up real life things that have to be done, nor am I asking you to spend insane numbers of hours fansubbing, instead I'm asking you if there isn't some way to convince some other group to pick it back up.  I'd say Anime-4ever, but, they are honestly discussing ah *coughs* "borrowing" your scripts rather than subbing it themselves...

At any rate, I want to reiterate the fact that I'm not accusing you or complaining about the time it takes you specifically, I'm just complaining that the only other group out there that has even touched it has all but dropped it with only one person working on it and not really even that.  Over the years, I've just gotten the impression that the fansub scene has a problem with competitiveness in a field where no money is earned.  They try to compete to see who can do the latest popular thing fastest or best and bicker like crazy that so-and-so stole this or that, but, when it comes to something like this they decide it's not important enough and just drop it because they don't want to compete.  Maybe this is wrong, but, this is how it has started to feel over the years.

Anyway, again, I'd like to apologize.  I really don't mean for it to come out this way, but, I don't know how else to put it.  I don't blame you at all, I just wonder if there isn't anything that can be done.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 06:54:59 am by cypherpunk »

sazabi

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2005, 12:48:02 pm »
OK guys do whatever suites u but do not droop this project please.