Author Topic: The Snow Queen  (Read 256376 times)

dpKaiser

Re: The Snow Queen
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 04:35:35 pm »
We are most grateful!

Kind of odd, we´re pretty good at spotting good new series and somehow SnowQueen almost passed under our radar. Thankfully some L-E lover saw the release and tipped us off. You should like... advertise. ;)

Have a nice day.

Thefunch

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 03:48:18 am »
On another forum I've read that there is a typo in the kana/romaji for the ending credits "Daisuki na kimi ni". I ordered the CD that has the song and checked the lyrics in the liner notes, and there is in fact an error in the chorus. It should read as follows:

daisuki na kimi ni hayaku ai ni yukou
ima kaze ni dakarete hashitteyukunda
daisuki na kimi ni hayaku ai ni yukou
kimi no ano ieni akari ga tomoru koro.

rather than "kimi no ano hikari akari ga tomoru koro".

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 10:37:34 am »
*Bugs tofu for corrected .txt so he can fix last line before episode 2 gets encoded for final release* >_>;;;;

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

ltorivia485

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 02:25:44 am »
Hey, since Tsubasa won't air until August 20th, is there a HIGH CHANCE you will fansub Episode 2 of The Snow Queen any time??

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 06:41:00 am »
Episode 2 is translated, timed, edited and typeset but its waiting on a certain someone to do some final checks and get the ep in to QC and that person isn't me.

Episode 3 is translated, timed, partially typeset(OP/ED shifted + signs typeset). The editor is waiting on Episode 2 to be finished before editing Episode 2 in anger.

I say no more :)

gumbaloom
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 06:59:25 am by gumbaloom »
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

dpKaiser

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 02:01:43 pm »
Thanks for the update, I was getting really scared you forgot about this...

Cheers! :)

Offline KunoMochi

• n00b Hero
  • Yum yum yum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2005, 09:00:34 am »
I decided to check to check this anime out while waiting for your other releases, and I admit, I like it. :XD It's like Hayao Miyazaki's work, so I like it a lot. It's a different pace than most anime released now.

I'll be waiting in anticipation for future releases of this series. ^_^

And thanks to everyone who are working on this!

:edit:

Oh, and by the way, at the end of the first episode, when Kay's father tells them to hurry up, someone made a typo. XP

"Nina and Mrs. Matilde are waiting fo us."

Nothing big, but just thought I'd point that out. :)

And lastly (I feel like I'm bothering a lot about this... XD ), is the singer Kasumasu Oda or Kasumasa Oda? Oddly enough, I can only find a Kasumasa Oda.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 09:31:56 am by KunoMochi »

Thefunch

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2005, 01:51:20 pm »
And lastly (I feel like I'm bothering a lot about this... XD ), is the singer Kasumasu Oda or Kasumasa Oda? Oddly enough, I can only find a Kasumasa Oda.

It's "sa". CDJapan has him listed, though, as Kazumasa Oda. The CD that contains "Daisuki na kimi ni" is Soukana, track 3.

BTW the version of "Daisuki" that is in the ending credits is so chopped up from the original, it sounds like they re-recorded a version just for the show; the album version has backup singers singing "Daisuki na kimi ni" while Oda sings "nando mo nando mo...", which isn't heard in the show.

Thefunch

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 04:50:03 pm »
Finally! Yes! Thank you!

And ty for having it (as well as some other releases) via XDCC; I'm now behind a university firewall and I can't even VPN out right now to my servers at home to download via Bittorrent.

--Funch

Offline Lady_Bell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 10:04:13 pm »
;D  Another awesome episode - great job guys!  Loved the part with Kay helping his sister with the puzzle and was (for some reason) surprised by how huge the Snow Queen's mirror was.   :o  It certainly makes for a heckava lotta pieces.  Lol.  Very enjoyable all around.  I can't wait to see where this series goes.  *^^*

Offline Hirvine

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • World of Shenja
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 07:59:26 pm »
Whoow, 2 torrents at the same day, first I saw my RSS Agrretor popping up Tsubasa with the news saying there will be an exclusive song by Ora. So I started to download. After somewhere in the midday I go back, downloaded in just 30 minutes (thx all seeders), uploaded for about 3 hours, ratio seems to be ok and then Snow Queen, what a great suprise!
But what should I do now? Watch both at once? I have other things to do? Which to see first? You gave a big dilemma you know that :P.

I probarly just want to say, thx, I'm so glad it's not dead! (Owh, at aniDb, enviresphre, animesuki and animeyumi I saw it too... You truely are everywhere.)
Keep it going, don't worry about the dillema  ;D.

For manga, games and programs
Current program, Anime Manga Ost Manager at amo.worldofshenja.com, manage your backups!

Thefunch

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 06:13:31 am »
Two errors in the subbing:

At 8:08
"Oh dear, she's looks more and more like him every day"
either omit "looks" or change "she's" to "she"

At 9:51
"That night it hinted that blue snow would follow shortly, Gerda's town was getting even colder."
sounds like "as" is missing between "night" and "it" ("That night as it hinted that blue snow would follow shortly, Gerda's town was getting even colder") but it depends on where the translator was going with that sentence

Just wanted to point those errors out, even though it won't be re-released. If you're interested, I can QC; I'm a writer, so I have a strong background in English and proofreading.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 07:02:59 am »
We're always taking applications for good QC'ers.

Please do bear in mind that you can't just QC one series. QC'ers are expected to try and look at everything that comes through the QC channel.

If you're interesting come and introduce yourself on IRC (note use a proper IRC client not the java one on the website)

-gumbaloom

sazabi

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 01:54:39 pm »
First of all let me thank u for bringing us dezaki’s latest project. The one how I became fund of since the first time I saw jazerat al kannz –takarejima- in the early 80’s as we saw it here in Arabia. If I’m ganna talk about how much I appreciate his works It will take me ages to stop. Any ways thanx again live-evil for ur grate effort.

and i don't know if this should be posted here but here it is anyway:
The problem that faced me was with 2nd  EPS of the snow queen torrent it dose not seem to work with me I left the torrent file for a whole day and did not get any respond. I used 2 torrent client the official one and bitlord in -2 PCs-. I don’t know if it’s the tracker or that I just have to do some configurations to my client. Can anyone help me with that please?.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2005, 02:18:02 pm »
O_O

Your net connection is being strange. You could always come and get it off XDCC bot on IRC ^_^;;;

The torrent is working, 4972 happy downloaders at time of writing would back this up.

Also Episode 3 is currently undergoing editing so it's a little further down the line ^_^;;;

-gumbaloom