Author Topic: The Snow Queen  (Read 255773 times)

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Snow Queen
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2005, 01:19:40 am »
yéyéyé gimme *drooling*

:P

best new anime of this year
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

sazabi

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2005, 11:47:33 am »
yéyéyé gimme *drooling*

:P

best new anime of this year

No wonder man, with all my respect to the other animes look who is behind this one. guys we r taking something that is made by the hands of the master here and by those I mean dezaki and seguno

Offline LeeScoresby

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2005, 05:32:40 pm »
Just wanted to add my voice as another lover of Snow Queen.  Thank you for bringing this awesome show to us wonderful people of Live-Evil! 
Pacifica:  Pamela isn't the name of your first love, is it?
Fulle:  It's the name of the cat that I had a long time ago.
Pacifica:  Cat?

Offline Laired

• n00b Hero
  • Random Leecher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2005, 11:02:54 am »
Am glad to hear many of you like this series as much as I do. However work and other commitments has been keeping me from translating more episodes this few months. I'm working on the the sixth episode at the moment, with more to come soon. Many thanks to you all, especially the staff members, for your hard work and support.
In life, nothing is certain but death.

AsukaMiyu

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2005, 01:34:51 pm »
I really love this Anime so much!!
I'm always looking forward to the next episode and can't wait for it! ^^
THank you very much for doing this great anime :)
I hope with all of my heart, it won't die...

ps:sorry for my crappy english..XD

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2005, 10:04:43 am »
it has started to snow over here so where's the snow queen ?? ;)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline KHS

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2005, 04:18:27 am »
I'm so glad you are translating this for us; this is far and away my favorite series this year.  Keep up the good work!

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2005, 03:09:19 pm »
It doesn't ruin the show for anyone else that it takes them 40+ days to do it?  It's been way over a month now and still no 5.  This show goes on for 39 eps.  You know if we continue at this rate none of us will ever see the end of it.  At the current rate things are going, if releases continue at the current average rate of release of apx 38 days (excluding the first because I don't know when they first picked it up, and excluding ep5 because it's still not out yet) it will take 1404 days to see the entire show.  That's 3.84 years!  This isn't IntialD or whatever, it's a show the big public broadcasting station, NHK, is airing once a week and have already aired up to ep27 of...

I'm sorry, I know I'm coming off rude, and I wish I knew a better way to say it, but, over a month per episode is just killing me.  I want to see more of this show and no one else will do it, whether because they don't care or because this group is.  Thing is, I'm not so sure this group really cares, else would we really see releases taking over a month each with only one exception (which was still nearly two weeks, though two weeks is a lot more livable.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 03:14:01 pm by cypherpunk »

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2005, 09:57:59 pm »
If you had bothered to read the rest of this thread/credits on the subs you would realise that the people who work on the series don't have huge amounts of free time.  Episode 5 is currently being edited and has taken a good week or so longer than planned.  It'll be finished as quick as I can (which is when I feel the script is in a good enough condition to go into qc).  If you want to see the eps faster why not join us and help out.  Any help would be useful just message me with what you feel you can contribute and I'll see what I can do.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2005, 02:41:17 pm »
It doesn't ruin the show for anyone else that it takes them 40+ days to do it?  It's been way over a month now and still no 5.

does it matter??I've been waiting for 2 months for the new space symphony maetel & although I admid the wait gets frustrating sometimes,in the end it's all worth it.It's not like these guys don't have lives,job,school,etc... :P

keep up the good work you guys
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2005, 04:33:06 pm »
Cypherphunk you seem a little misguided if I might say. You seem to think that the staff working on Snow Queen don't have lives.

Spymon and I both have jobs and I have school as well. On a weekday I'm regularly out of the house for 12+ hours each and every day. I have 12 hours of classes every week in a place that takes 1.5 hours to get there and back from. I'm also holding down a job for 2 different companies and over the past 90 days for just ONE of those companies I've completed 125 merchandising calls.

We aren't paid to fansub Snow Queen it's our HOBBY. If you were paying us money to fansub they you could very well demmand timely episode delivery but as it is you're not. Paying the bills and making sure we get our homework done on time has to come first. Let's say Spymon does finish editing, I've got a big 35% of module assignment due 16th December, do you expect me to drop that and typeset the episode just because YOU demmand more episodes ????. I'm sorry if this sounds ungrateful/rude or whatever but in my book a big university assignment worth 35% of a module is more important than someone demanding fansubs.

I've not been doing much fansubbing of late not because I don't care anymore about the shows I'm working on it's because I'm too frigging tired most of the time when I get home. Well wouldn't you be if you came home at 9pm at night after a 13/14 hour day ???

Anyhow the point of this illustration is we're real people. This all too often seems to get lost/forgotten by general leecherdom.

Now Cypherphunk bearing in mind that a) you're not paying us b) you're not actively contributing to the fansubbing process (eg you're just a leecher) you've got 4 choices -

1) Gives us a break for heavens sake, yes we're still working on it, no we haven't stopped caring about it and you'll get your episodes when they're done.

2) Learn Japanese (note thats what I'm doing at school so I will be able to translate fansubs in the future so it is for the common good -_-)

3) Actually be proactive and help us out if you care that much about the timely delivery of fansubs eg become a QC'er / learn a fansubbing trade

4) Go find some speedsub group who will do a bad job but they'll release 2 episodes a week. Note - we don't care if other groups do it. The question is if you "persuaded" a speedsub group to do it could you be assured of a high quality job which we always try to do with any fansub that live-evil releases ? :)

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Hirvine

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • World of Shenja
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2005, 07:32:34 pm »
Ok @gumbaloom has right, it's their hobby.
So, let's fill in the points.

1) You got school and work todo and subbing is your hobby.
 You have totally right and I, urmm WE respect you that you're also working in a free fansub providing us free subbed anime, thank you guys very much!
Still mind we don't know what happens there. There is a big curtain placed on the stage and we cannot see if it's closed. I don't mind waiting, but sometimes a sign of live is very appreciated. Waiting while a project is dead isn't as funny as it sounds. You don't need to give us any deadlines, I know it is irritating such a thing, but just say you are alive.

On the other side, I ever asked you guys to place a paypal donate on your site. I will donate and I think a lot of other people too.
So why not generate a paypal button? It doesn't cost you anything and every little you get, is something you have.

2) I'm working on it. Spended €400+ for a study. Still learning and I also got work and school todo. (Man, really no logic over here, translaters I admire you!)

3) I really want to help to be a QC'er, subber, karaoke or anything. But anytime and everywhere I ask about how, each fansub laughs at you and no one seems willing to help me.

If someone wants to teach me, subbing karaoke or being a QC'er (order of favorite) please, say it! Motive, the payment of 400  euro I made is caused by wanting to be a translater ... But I never worked in a fansub before. So if anyone wants to help me, please PM me and I will be very happy to learn and join, else never say no one wanted to help you.

4) Yeah you right. I like this fansub because of the quality movies.
 Go on as you are working now, it goes great.
Live-Evil Ruleszzz...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 07:34:45 pm by Hirvine »

For manga, games and programs
Current program, Anime Manga Ost Manager at amo.worldofshenja.com, manage your backups!

Offline bullz97

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2005, 04:22:06 am »
*sigh*  I knew it didn't sound right.  No, I'm not misguided, yes I'm aware they have lives and such.  I'm also aware that I just can barely stand waiting the week one must wait between episodes.  Having to wait a minimum of one month between each episode is just going to kill me, and, as such, I've abandoned this series for one I can't watch (at least, not for a couple of years anyway, if I still remember by then.)  It's just too much for me to wait that long as it gets more and more dramatic and you start to get more and more into it.  The fact is, you think you're doing a service for us, but, for some of us it's crueler to dangle the carrot and snatch it away just to dangle even further out.  I'm sorry, that's just the way it feels.  And, yes, I'm aware not everyone feels this way.  Heck, I could be the only one out there, though I doubt it.  At any rate, I haven't even watch episode four after the way it killed me so long waiting for it because I finally forgot the show, and knowing that even if five comes out this very minute I have to wait another month or two to see six, I just can't bear to do that to myself. 

And if I could reasonably help and see it come out faster than 1+ months between episodes I would, but, the fact of the matter is that I don't know but approximately six or seven words of Japanese and timing is just too tedius for me to maintain concentration for more than an episode or two before I can't take it anymore no matter how much I want to see it come out sooner.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2005, 07:59:56 pm »
Hirvine - if you want to learn about doing QC send me a report via forum message on what we could have done to make our Snow Queen releases better (as much detail as possible) and we'll take it from there.  BTW. releasing faster doesn't count!

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Astria

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2005, 04:35:50 am »
I love this series!  I am glad it is being fansubbed.  It is like waiting for holiday gifts.  (And, tis the season!)   Is it sad that watching this inspired me to purchase a book of Andersen fairy tales to reread?   Now if only I could get my hands on the soundtrack for this series.  I really love the opening music.

Keep up the good work!  You guys rock.   :D