Author Topic: The Snow Queen  (Read 255548 times)

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
Re: The Snow Queen
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2005, 11:30:08 pm »
If gumbaloom is working on it then there's little chance of that happening.  Even the smallest hint of dust is quickly blown away!

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline Lady_Bell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2005, 05:03:04 am »
Thanks for another new episode!  I love this show so much and Live-evil for subbing it.  <3 

Wasn't a huge fan of the merchant in this episode.  Not because he was a con artist per se, just because he seemed a little too cartoony.  Everything was so over-exaggerated with him.  ^^;

Still, I love Gerda.  She's so sweet.  :)

Offline navashuryn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2005, 12:42:40 pm »
I just watch the first Ep the timing and the lips movement is way off guys, and the subs don't say long enough for me to read 'em, *sighs* and I'm driving my self mad trying to read the full romaji to the full version of Daisuki na kimi ni but its moves to far for my hearing to catch it that and I don't know all the Romaji for the words, HELP ME! I'm about ready to break my Computer.

Arigato,
Kouji Ginsenshi
What you have to do is make sure you aren't running too many programs, and don't be downloading like 3 or more other episodes of whatever while you're watching it... It happens to me every now and then, and it's just your memory getting used up too fast, I think... Once I'm sure I have everything else closed, or have at the most two other programs going, and that's at the most, then I watch my anime... ^-^;;; That's at least what I do...

Offline Ginsenshi

• n00b Hero
  • boku-wa hitori ni shiteoku; I'm alone
    • View Profile
    • Ginsenshi's Anime Shadows
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2006, 11:50:21 am »
Hey thanks

Ginsenshi
Boku-wa Ginsenshi Kouji desu to boku-wa hitori ni shiteoku no naka de kore nazo no sekai.
(I'm Kouji Ginsenshi and I'm alone in this world)
[I know the words are in the wrong order]

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2006, 12:01:50 pm »
Ep 6 went in to QC last night so I guess ep 6 will be out in the not too distant future :X

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Chikatetsu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2006, 08:01:39 pm »
Hi there everyone, another Snow Queen-viewer here. I really enjoy the show, thanks for subbing it L-E!

I've got a remark on the subtitles. I often find it difficult to read them, due to a lack of contrast and the used font, which seems harder to read than a sans-serif font. When sitting in front of my computermonitor the contrast is not really a problem but I always watch it on my television, sitting farther away from the screen than when I'm at the computer, and then a lot of times the subtitles are really hard to distuingish.

I've included a screenshot. "Have" is easily read, but the rest really takes a lot more effort.

I wonder if I'm the only one that has this problem. It would be great if the subtitles would be yellow, and a sans-serif font would help too. I've never had trouble reading subtitles on other anime.

Thanks for your time,

Chikatetsu.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2006, 08:13:30 pm »
First of all Live-eviL's fansubs are designed for playback on the PC. Whilst there are ways and means of converting/playing back subs on the TV we neither support or specifically design the subs for TV playback.

Whilst I could try increasing the outline(border) of the font when I typeset the next ep the styling for the show is already established and as such I won't be making major changes to the choices of dialogue fonts / colours 6 episodes in to the show.

Thirdly some people actually disagree with you and have told us not to change the font.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline dragon300zx

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2006, 09:47:56 pm »
I always watch it on my television
Chikatetsu.

How are you converting it for viewing on your television?  TV/Out Port, DVD, MPEG2 Conversion, AVI compatible dvd player, Etc? 

I usually throw my fan subs to dvd and watch them on the tv as well because although I have a large monitor to watch them on at home I don't when I am traveling with my laptop.  I have found that by using the video out port on the laptop I get good results on any tv but then I have to use the laptop.  I have used several programs for putting the fansubs on dvd's and some of them I did notice the contrast issue.  I normally use WinDVD Creator now for that stuff and it does a pretty good job and I haven't had any problems with contrast or not being able to read the sub's with that program like I have with some others. 

Offline Chikatetsu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2006, 11:14:03 pm »
we neither support nor specifically design the subs for TV playback.
That's okay, normally everything I view on my TV-screen (from computer via s-video out, dragon300zx) just looks okay, as if I were playing a DVD. It's only the subs of Snow Queen that I've been having trouble with.

Whilst I could try increasing the outline(border) of the font when I typeset the next ep the styling for the show is already established and as such I won't be making major changes to the choices of dialogue fonts / colours 6 episodes in to the show.
Yeah, I understand that. Anyway, thanks for your reply, I'll go get ep 6 now!

O, and I'll try adjusting my TV's settings if I experience troubles reading the subs again.

Offline KHS

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2006, 09:18:12 am »
I haven't even finished downloading it yet, but I wanted to come in here and say thanks for episode 6, keep up the good work!  Already this is one of my favorite shows.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2006, 12:42:58 pm »
Glad people are enjoying this.  I'm looking forward to getting my hands on ep7 as and when it is ready for me!

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2006, 02:01:25 pm »
thx for the new ep  8)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Tuv

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2006, 03:27:24 am »
I love you guys for this! It's 3.30 am night here, and alsmost snowstorm outside the windows. It's simply a perfect TSQ-night. So... I'm off after a big "thank you!" ^^

Offline kronostar

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2006, 05:37:31 am »
I just had to register to the forum to say a big thank you to everyone involved in bringing "The Snow Queen" to us.  It's one of my favourite fairy tales and a few weeks ago while on wikipedia it randomly came up and I found out to my glee that it had been turned into an anime.  My glee turned to joy when I discovered your group was subtitling it and that I hadn't missed it on bittorent.
It is such a beautiful story and my only complaint is the time it's going to take your crew to get all 39 eps out to us.:p

Please keep up the fabulous work!!

Offline arwell2

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2006, 10:44:36 pm »
I just got to watch 5 and 6.  I'm a sucker for H.C. Anderson fairy tales anyway, but they really have done a beautiful job so far with this animation. Its such a treat. With the overall tone and character development, as well as the designs, this will probably become one of my favorite "journey" stories. It reminds me so much of the shows I watched as a child.  Slated at 39 episodes too, it'll be the perfect length to really get some good episodes and arcs in.

As always, thanks for picking this project up L-E!  You always do top notch work.