Author Topic: The future of L-E's project Yawara  (Read 10733 times)

Offline Gene

• n00b Hero
  • Condor Heros is awesome.
    • View Profile
The future of L-E's project Yawara
« on: July 04, 2005, 09:33:35 am »
How far does L-E plan to go with Yawara?  I'm surprised this show never made it to the US through "offical" means, and I'm doubting it ever will.

I'm asking because I just found out that there's a Yawara movie and TV special.  I'm not sure where in the story the Movie occurs, but the TV special is apparently the end of the show (after 124 episodes!  wow!).

Also, is there anything that I (someone that doesn't know Japanese,  doesn't know how to typeset, or have the bandwidth to do anything useful) can do to help with the translation of this show?  Is there are way to donate?  Does the L-E team already have the DVD box set for Yawara? (not that I can afford it, but I can chip in)

I apologise if this is a duplicate post.

edit: Here is the URL for the translation of the Amazon page for the Yawara DVD Box Set.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 09:37:45 am by Gene »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: The future of L-E's project Yawara
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 10:52:22 am »
Here is how things look...

We have Neko Creations scripts up to Episode 41. Episode 33 will be out within the next few days, it's currently in the QC phase. Episodes 34 - 41 should follow in a timely manner as they just require editing and some more typesetting from me.

After Episode 41 we will need to translate from scratch. Neko subbed up to Episode 45 however we were only given scripts up to 41. We have *something* in place for beyond Episode 41 but you'll know more about that nearer the time.

As for the TV Special and the Movie, I'm not 100% sure where the movie is but its definitely a bit further on in the series. We won't sub the TV special till after Episode 124. We intend to go right the way through to Episode 124 albeit it might take us a while ^^.

With regards to the Yawara DVD boxset. I *hope* to get it in Japan at the end of the year and I'll be working my behind off to save up spending $$ for the trip over there. I would try to import it however its a little on the expensive side at 110,000 yen from CD Japan. It rarely comes up on Yahoo Japan and when it does it usually works out cheaper from CD Japan. The trouble is that it would work out at about £700 as I would DEFINITELY get customs charges for it (or over $1000 in USD) so its urr kinda a bit steep. If truth be told it would cost even more than a return plane ticket to Japan O_O.

Hence due to the high cost I decided the best way to do it would be to try and track it down at a discount anime store in Tokyo. Our region 2 DVD source for GE999 was done this way so hopefully I can repeat that.

Hope this answers your questions...

Regards

gumbaloom
L-E Staffer (Yawara Typesetter/Encoder)
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Gene

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 05:28:53 pm »
Thank you for the detailed response!

Make sure you take pictures while on your trip.

Offline ANDARIAL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 05:06:51 pm »
glad to hear that you plan to continue with yawara m8 ;D,one of my favorite animes atm.
@Gene
the special is the about events `at the end of the series` so DO NOT WATCH YET unless you want to spoil it for yourself .i watched it and it contained spoilers for me :( big mitake on my part
havent heard about the movie though?you got any more info/links?
@gumbaloom  as i have said before in one of my posts m8 if you are after funds i am willing to donate some moolah towards the purchase of the box set you mentioned,anyway have a great time in Japan on your trip :)
p.s.thanx for the recent release of yawara 33 me getting it now
ANDARIAL is awesome, worship him!

Offline Gene

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 03:55:30 am »
Quote from: ANDARIAL
havent heard about the movie though?you got any more info/links?

This is the only link/info I have on it:

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,522,qjkxre,yawara__sore_yu.html
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 06:15:06 am by Gene »

Offline ANDARIAL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 06:08:03 pm »
cheers m8,cant find any info on it except that IMDB says that there is another movie/ova as well,no info on that either.could not find torrents as well   booo hooo :(

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 06:49:45 pm »
http://www.orangeroad.org/JUDOGIRL/anime/anime.html

Maybe you might find that of use.

The second movie is a live action movie XD;

Regards

gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline ANDARIAL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 06:23:52 pm »
still looking for torrents ;) ;D