Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle VS Card Captor Sakura  (Read 8555 times)

asianyuser

Tsubasa Chronicle VS Card Captor Sakura
« on: July 19, 2005, 07:07:26 am »
Hey guys, I am watching the first episode of this new series.  As I was watching through the first episode, I have realized that the character names and character personalities were really disturbing familar to "Card Captor Sakura".  Does anyone know why it is like that? Or is the company CLAMP trying to make money using the same type of characters and their personalities from their previous series "Card Captor Sakura?"  I just can't shake off the feeling that is another Card Captor Sakura Remake with a different plot.  Has anyone ever caught on to this? or Is this new to anyone?

Here are some examples how Tsubasa Chronicle is exactly similar to Card Captor Sakura:

Sakura was in both series as main character
Shaoran/Syaoran/ was Sakura lover.
There was an Archaeologist in both stories except in CCS.. it was Sakura's Father while in TC, It was Shaoran's Father.
Sakura's brother "Touya"  and Touya's childhood friend/lover, Yukito" had same roles in both story.
Clow/Crow was used in both stories.
Both Stories have Taoist and Western Magic
The most importantly was that the characters looked exactly the same they did in CCS
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 07:59:15 am by asianyuser »

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle VS Card Captor Sakura
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 08:30:10 am »
You need to watch more, b'cos you watch only part of the first ep. and choose to jump to conclusions already; of course you become disillusioned.  If you watch more without passing judgement so quickly, you will get the answers to most of the questions you ask.

asianyuser

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 08:44:12 am »
hehe i did, but the plots are pretty much the same tho,  Yes.. Its a good story and everything but its too similar to CCS... instead of capturing all the cards.. this time its getting all the feathers

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 06:41:50 pm »
No, he's right in that there are a lot of similarities, but he's still missing the point.

Tsubasa Chronicles uses lots of re-hashed characters and places. It's an opportunity for CLAMP to re-cast characters from their previous works in new roles. They're not exactly the same characters, their personalities are often a bit different, but it's generally close enough. The main characters are Sakura and Shaoran from CCS, sure, but they're hardly the only re-used characters you're going to see. Cameos abound in this series, a fanservice that was no doubt done purposely to guarantee that their existing fanbase nuts themselves over the series. CLAMP loves money.

So no, Tsubasa Chronicles is NOT like Card Captor Sakura. You just saw the first episode, which (mostly) takes place in the main characters' home world which IS based off of CCS elements. Other worlds they go to, however, will be completely different.

Offline EadTaes

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 04:11:54 am »
Yeah dude justw atch teh series and your quickly start seeign that TRC and CCS are very different. But eys they did use their old characters adnt hat was indded a marketign ploy for having their fans rush on teh anime. Its called beign smart buisnnes wise and tehf ans just love seeing their fav characters in a story again. When clamp made TRC they amde a succes story a sure seller. thats why all teh editing and publishign houses aroudn the world are all playign the cut trouw (sp) game to see who will get teh rights tot he anime in their contry.