Author Topic: BTX Computers  (Read 12081 times)

Ichigo_Kurosaki

BTX Computers
« on: August 10, 2005, 09:47:39 am »
Hey I was wonderign if anyone knew about the newest type of processor motherboard and case by intel, called btx it's a new type of formate where the processor is pinless and just sits right on the motherboard and then a clip on the motherboard holds it in.

BTX is supposed to never overheat do too a device that has a large fan on it that goes right over the processor and suck air directly onto the processor, this processor is supposed to never overheat as well as the fact that you can't here the computer what so ever. I was planing on building a new pc for myself and the shop I went to introduced me to them. I didn't even notice that he turned one of the btx xomputers on because of how quit it was, and do to the new way the processor contacts/touches the motherboard the speed is supposed to be doubled, so a btz 3 gig processor would be like a 6 gig atx processor. I was wondering if anyone had heard if btx before and had an opinion on it.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
Re: BTX Computers
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 01:45:27 am »
O_O

Never heard of it. Any links?
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

3sgte

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 09:46:11 am »
BTX is only a formfactor, it has no connection to processing power.

A 3 Ghz P4 is a 3 Ghz P4 (basically, +/- a few percent).

The socket is related to the processor being pinless.

Either formfactor can have this socket or the old socket.

The line about 3 Ghz being like a 6 Ghz is a line of total BS.
The shop that told you this stuff, run away from it, no-one should by a PC from a bulshotter like that.

Offline NStorm

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 11:00:45 am »
If it did double the processing speed compared to ATX, that would be pretty good, and would probably be over lots of news sites showing off it's power...

Although I wouldn't be surprised if it has somewhat more processing ability for it's clock speeds...

yoman

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 02:24:49 pm »
its rather simple ..

you all remember B-AT or AT ? the tower/mainboard formfactor..pretty old one.

AT // B(aby)-AT => ATX ==> BTX

its just the next generation formfactor ... and due to the new arrangement of all the stuff on a Mobo , its supposed to be easier to be cooled or atleast more efficiently.

Thefunch

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 02:14:56 am »
IIRC BTX offers increased airflow because of the way the components are placed, and for some strange reason the case now opens on the right side (compared to the left for ATX).

3sgte

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 11:00:15 am »
If it did double the processing speed compared to ATX, that would be pretty good, and would probably be over lots of news sites showing off it's power...

Although I wouldn't be surprised if it has somewhat more processing ability for it's clock speeds...

How can a formfactor have more processing ability?

A formfactor is only a layout of the components on the motherboard. Kind of like shuffling the furniture around in your living room. The stereo will still have the same power after you move it.

Offline KunoMochi

• n00b Hero
  • Yum yum yum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 05:06:46 am »
Well, the more heat that can be dissipated from the internal hardware, the more you can push them to their limits. What I understand is that this BTX layout will allow better airflow than an ordinary ATX layout.

Also, it's not that the formfactor will have more processing ability, but more like that it has the potential to be able to push more out of it. Like you said, it's like moving furniture around, only so the stereo can pump out more effective sounds. ^_^

AgentSmith15

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 06:56:58 am »
MicroSoft is dumping Intel because they can not fix their heat problems.

So that means MicroSoft is going to be using AMD all the way baby.....