Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle movie  (Read 7048 times)

Hitchi

Tsubasa Chronicle movie
« on: August 11, 2005, 05:57:50 pm »
Are there any plans for L-E/DB to fansub the recent movie?  And if so, any estimated release date?  I know the movie just debuted a few days ago, so...IIRC, the fansubbers have to wait for the release of the DVD.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle movie
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 07:36:03 pm »
You would have to ask tofu if he plans to get the DVD.

If he's getting the DVD it would be reasnoably safe to assume that we're subbing the movie ^_^;;.

As for the issue of waiting for the DVD or not. Yes we would wait for the DVD because for the most part CAMS / TS of Movies before their official DVD release are usually of very inferior quality which would not do a fansub justice. You might find some speedsub groups might sub cams but unless Tofu corrects me on this for the sake of the best quality possible Live-eviL & DB would wait for the DVD. I seem to recall that DB waited for the DVD release of the Naruto movie before subbing that also. Also its ethically better to support the anime producers by buying and working from the DVD first than subbing of a crude CAM rip.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w