Author Topic: Ask Dr. Rin Status  (Read 157342 times)

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
Re: Ask Dr. Rin Status
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 06:06:37 am »
No, it's not blown to bits completely; Fantasy settings have revolving pearly gates.
At the moment, NO ONE seems to want to work on it, and All the people I know are working very dilligently on their own projects.
Worry not; This series isn't exactly as hot as a ten-dollar laser, so it doesn't look like great licensing bait.
Give it a bit.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 07:00:10 am »
  I suppose this is sort of off the subject, but I've suddenly come to a point in my life where I have absolutely nothing to do and infinate time on my hands. I was wondering if there's anything a very enthusiastic trainable, and above all available girl like me can do to help out a fansubbing group. I'm a quick learner and I really really REALLY! want some productive way to use my time again. So if there's any kind of useful thing I could do that doesn't involve knowing Japanese I'd love to help out! Ok end of promotional :)
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 02:39:41 pm »
Okay, If you are honestly interested in Joining Live-eviL, Send me a PM.
Also, drop a line to uotani.arisa@gmail.com who posted a few posts back, to see if she is still interested in possibly translating again.

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 10:46:02 am »
 Ok I sent a PM but I thought I'd say I'm interested here too since it didn't show up in my outbox. I wasn't sure if it really did get sent or not.  ???
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
ROFL ;D

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 06:36:44 pm »
Did you make sure the checkbox "Save of Copy of this in my Outbox!" was indeed checked?
 ;D ;)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 04:09:02 pm »
Hi Users and future users,
This has something do with all our current projects. Please follow the link below to visit my poll and place your votes.  ;D
http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php?topic=973.0

-Reasons for clarifying your votes would be truly appreciated. :D

-Tsubasa
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 01:56:20 pm »
Bakabakashii ::)...I can't think of people would actually have nothing to do.  I have so much work on my hands right now.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 06:41:58 am »
 So way back in like December of 2005 you talked about hijacking this project and working on it Masakari. Whatever happened to that ??? Also, do you really need or want me to join the group and help out if I can? I've sent you at least 2 PM's about it and I still haven't gotten any kind of answer I could use. I'll be waiting to hear back but I guess this time I know better than to hold me breath ;)
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
ROFL ;D

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 07:20:50 pm »
So way back in like December of 2005 you talked about hijacking this project and working on it Masakari. Whatever happened to that ???

He tried. Unfortunately, he didn't succeed.  :-\ However, the project is definately not dead, just stalled. Here is an update.

In early May, episode 7 was reviewed by Live-evil's quality control team. This is usually a good indication that it will be coming out sometime in the next week or two. This time it didn't. About a month later Live-eviL's fearless leader, Gumbaloon, sent me out on a search and rescue mission.

It turns out that one of our resources has disappeared. (This is a common occurence, we all have lives to lead.  :P)

For now, we are trying to get him back, or at least get copies of some inportant files from him that we need to carry on.

It was about then, however, that Tsubasa volunteered to do translation checking for Creamy Mami. Creamy Mami is my favourite Live-eviL project. My time will  be tied up for at least a month longer in getting the remaining Mami episodes out. Once this is done I will probalby put some more effort into reviving Dr. Rin.

The good news is that I have found enough people with the skills needed to continue the Dr. Rin project. If these resources stay available, we may get this project revivied in the early fall.

(P.S. I have to go now. I'll respond to the other half of your message "shortly" and try to recruit you for the Live-eviL quality control team.  ;D)

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 02:57:25 am »
  Its always nice to know whats going on and good to hear that some people are still thinking about Ask Dr. Rin. I'd love to help out too if it would be useful, so just send me a smoke signal, or a telegram, or whatever other form of communication you Live-eviL types prefer. I'll be waiting. ;)

*and as a side note, Willow rocks!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 03:00:25 am by bobby6 »
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
ROFL ;D

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 03:53:41 am »
  Its always nice to know whats going on and good to hear that some people are still thinking about Ask Dr. Rin. I'd love to help out too if it would be useful, so just send me a smoke signal, or a telegram, or whatever other form of communication you Live-eviL types prefer. I'll be waiting. ;)

*and as a side note, Willow rocks!!!!!!!!

Willow rocks to one side, rolls to the other, does a hip lift, ...

er, um, right! About joining the group.

Click on this link.

It's one of several detailed messages on how to join Live-eviL's QC team, what it's like to be in the team, yadda, yadda, yadda. I've told our fearless leader, Gumbaloom to expect you to contact him. Click on the link to get contact info.

I am so looking forward to seeing you in the team. Judging by the various messages you've left on the forum lately, you rock too. I think you'll find that a lot of the QC staff are a lot of fun to know.

Ciao.  8)

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 07:22:06 am »
  Am I just incredibly dumb (which is completely possible  ;D ) or did you put the link in special "disappearing reappearing ink" to mess with my head ???  Thats very tricky of you  :D 10 points for being so deviously clever  ;)
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
ROFL ;D

Offline Solsotran

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 08:41:46 am »
That sentence refers to the link above it, and it points to the Come QC for Live-Evil! thread in the Live-Evil Recruitment Center. Namely here.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 09:09:32 am »
Choo Choo!!!!

Aye, I be here mateys! And its Doctor Rin that me spys off the port bow!]

We may yet start this train again, aye, but If its tofu that has teh DVDs, its not going to be a whole warehouse of lollerbarrels now is it?

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 08:42:55 pm »
Ok, I know its been a long time since anyone has seen activity from the Ask. Dr. Rin! project, but this message is for any fans that are left. In recent discussions amongst the LE staff, it has become apparent that there are a decent number of us that are still very interested in Rin and would like to get this project moving again. There is just one major obstacle holding us back from doing that. We no longer have an official DVD raw source. This problem can be solved in a number of ways:

1) Since I am interested enough in Rin to buy the series myself, wait for me to finally get a job again and do it. (Definately not going to be a quick solution.)

2) If one of you fans has the Rin DVD's, or knows someone who does, volenteer them for LE to use.

3) We could take up a general collection and hope that enough fans are intersted and we get enough $$$ to buy the DVD's. (Also probably not a quick/good solution.)

As you can see, the lack of a raw source is a major problem, and until this issue can be resolved, sadly, none of us can expect to see much more from this series.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 05:03:49 am by bobby6 »
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
ROFL ;D