Author Topic: galaxy railway  (Read 47007 times)

theDAVE

Re: galaxy railway
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2003, 01:16:38 am »
isnt it?  the whole time i was expecting him to save his bro and then bam! but yeah this anime looks like it can be really good....  i think im addicted to it already...  at least for condor hero, i can go re-read the books while i wait, but i have no sources to read for this one....

man who will they kill off next? dun dun dun dun!

keep up the good work guys!

Offline sosanimeboy

• n00b Hero
  • LE Staff - Editor and Death Note Harem Alpha Male
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 12:06:18 pm »
Manabu's new "friend" is so hot. I had forgotten how hot girls from the old school anime drawing styles could be. Definitely perked me up despite the depressing direction of the story...*sniff* I almost cried.

ciao

Swing by my place and experience a whole new world of pain...

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2003, 10:46:03 am »
I've only seen the first episode and it's awesome, I'm kinda of a sick morbid guy and the more people that die the better, lol, it's probable why I love the serie already, lmao.

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2003, 06:13:39 pm »
Ep3 was the best yet. This is probably the best thing out all year, everyone go get some Galaxy Railways goodness!

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

theDAVE

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2003, 04:21:53 am »
i definately agree....

this has got to be one of the best series out right now... i espically liked the first 2 episodes....  i havent seen any other anime recently that killed off people like that so early on...  and the whole thing with the brother was nice too...

anyone know how many episodes there are going to be? man im addicted......

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2003, 02:45:24 pm »
www.denkyu.com read the rather excellent comment by yours truely.  Wouldn't self-publicise if tcov was around.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Rheinhard

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2003, 09:14:32 pm »
Greetings! I wanted to thank you lot for doing a great job subtitling some terrific series, including Galaxy Railways and Rose of Versailles!  Like Newton Ewell, as another relative oldtimer, it warms my heart to see some attention being paid to classic older shows that hooked me and people of my generation on anime, and inspired a lot of the younger anime creators out there today.

I was a member of the "Star Blazers generation", and so the works of Leiji Matsumoto have had a profound impact on my life.  So, naturally, I'm quite happy to see the interest in this latest (and one of the best, IMHO) incarnation of the Matsumoto-verse, "Galaxy Railways".

Having done subtitling myself (in the mid 90s, when we subbed to videotape, I was part of the first group to ever subtitle Miyazaki's "Future Boy Conan") I know how taxing it can be, and how irritating the hangers-on who always want to know when it will be finished but contribute nothing are.  However, since it has been a while (and since I am sharing your work this holiday season with several friends who don't have a fast enough computer or Internet connection to watch the Divx files, by exporting the fansubs to a video DVD) I was wondering -- when will we see the next episode?!  ;D

I made this comment over on the AnimeSuki forum thread, where I believe your translator noted it for future episodes, but I'll just throw it out here as well... one very minor nitpick:  In the later episodes Mamoru is revealed to have joined the "Space Panzer GRENADIER", not the "Space Panzer Grenada", as it has in the subs.  Matsumoto is a major WW2 history buff and would know everything there is to know about German tank battalions!

Actually checking back on that thread the translator suggested bugging AonE to get the next episodes.  I'd love to do that, but how does one contact them?  See, you guys have this handy-dandy forum where we can come and whine, so you make it easy...  ;)

Rheinhard

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 03:02:22 am »
It should be taken as a testament to my awesome power as the Cosmo-Führer that within hours of my posting the previous message, the torrents for Galaxy Railways 5 and 6 were made available via AnimeSuki.  ;)

I promise to only use this power for good.

Galactic Heroes R1 DVDs!  So mote it be!  ;D

NewtonEwell

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2003, 05:13:10 pm »
LiveviL Lords:

Thanks for eps 5&6 of Galaxy Railways!  We're still out here, and we're still groovin' on the show.  ;D

Please keep them coming!  The show only gets better as it goes on.  On the subject of old-school hotties (earlier post), Yuki (the medical officer) is my first anime crush.  I love this show, and please keep bringing it!

Happy Holidaze,

-Newt

Offline Spartan

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2003, 11:46:03 am »
Help, help ! Well, I do hate people who just come to a forum to ask for help, but this time I do need some ^^

I've just downloaded GR 5 & 6, but I can't make them work. I've tried to install ffdshow, I've already installed a bunch of codec, but with these 2 episodes, it's the first time I see Windows Media Player simply crashing...

Does anybody got the same problem? Did he/she manage to make the episode work?

I'm a big fan of all Matsumoto's work, and I want to be able to see GR T_T

And to LE: Keep up the good work!! ^^

Offline hellhound

• n00b Hero
  • Work it Harder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2004, 06:57:35 am »
Help, help ! Well, I do hate people who just come to a forum to ask for help, but this time I do need some ^^

I've just downloaded GR 5 & 6, but I can't make them work. I've tried to install ffdshow, I've already installed a bunch of codec, but with these 2 episodes, it's the first time I see Windows Media Player simply crashing...

I'm a big fan of all Matsumoto's work, and I want to be able to see GR T_T

And to LE: Keep up the good work!! ^^

Yeah I had the same problem I just ended up unistalling DivX and XviD codecs and installing just DivX. I'm kind of new to making avis and stuff but I think there was a conflict with DivX and XviD when trying to play them.

Rheinhard

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2004, 12:26:43 pm »

I didn't have a problem, but then I am using a Mac and watching them using either the Quicktime Player with Divx 5.0 and 3ivx codecs installed, or with my favorite standalone Divx/avi video program, VLC.  I avoid Windows Media Player like the plague (that goes double for RealPlayer).

Seriously, I think the simplest way to watch these things on your computer without having to fiddle with codecs and crap is to use VLC (VideoLanClient).  It's free, open-source software, seems very well engineered, and is available for every OS you've ever heard of (and some you probably haven't!)  Windows, Mac OS, most major flavors of Linux, even BeOS!!  The Windows interface looks quite nice and easy to use too (a bit better laid out than the Mac interface).  Here is the download page, just pick your favorite OS.

Holy shmoley!  There was even a new point release TODAY!  I just saw this now while double-checking to make sure I had the URLs right above!  Guess I'll be downloading this latest update too!  Thanks for posting this question or I might not have seen this notification for a while!  ;D

Offline Spartan

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2004, 08:42:11 am »
Great, your software is working perfectly and seems to be quite complete. I will be able to carry on watching Galaxy Railways and I've got to thank you for this   :-*

MrHyperactive

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2004, 03:05:24 am »
I know it's always like this, but does anyone know when episode 7 is coming out. I have just downloaded Galaxy Express 999, I've been trying to find it for about 3 years. I hae bought Arcadia of My Youth on DVD and Harlock Saga, Queen Emeraldas and Maetel Legend. I'm a HUGE fan of Matsumoto... I have been since I saw GE999 on Teletoon... Now if anyone can find Adieu Galaxy Express... you would be me hero for a day, or possibly more.

By the way great job on the show, I find it follows the other series well. I can't wait to see if Harlock is in this.

Buso-senshi

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 02:13:15 pm »
I'm new to this forum and extremly currious now:

I just downloaded Ep. 01 as it was postet at AnimeSuki and other link sites.
I thought "WOW", finaly this great series will be released!

Now, I came here, reading that you already have up to Episode 6 (where can I get them?)
And that the first Episode was released many months ago.

Why has nobody told me?!?

So please tell me, where can I get these files