Author Topic: galaxy railway  (Read 45986 times)

Offline greenkabbage

• Rakuen Hero
  • leet title that I paid $100 for: -=LE=- Translator
    • View Profile
Re: galaxy railway
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2004, 07:19:19 am »
/me spends a minute cleaning his face after drooling at spymon's avatar

SUPER INSIDER SCOOP!!!
Tofu has translated a bunch more episodes and now aone is the one to blame ;D  So it probably won't be a gilgamesh style release, but more like a "they will be released once aone finishes their work on them" release. Now all that fancy formatting was useless wasn't it? I was kind of trying to capture the nature of the previous posts in it...
People... if we have an episode ready it will be released. We don't have a big, fat X on our calendar where it says: release GR episode 14. (or any other episode of any other show) Your questions don't really lead to anything  ::)
Instead of asking pointless questions like: "When will ep ## of show X be released", you should spend your time on the forum discussing the latest episode of your favorite show or something. Didn't get a part of the episode? Ask here. That's what the forums is here for.

welcome back 1010011, I think you've been offline for a while. moved out from your dorm? I want more atashinchi. feed me more atashinchi :D
Well on my way to 100! (Ever so slightly out of date)
14 x Wolf's Rain
26 x Gilgamesh
09 x DAQ
03 x GE999
02 x Phantom
05 x Blood+
05 x Gallery Fake
04 x YUA:FT

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2004, 10:06:21 pm »
I think I may have been given another ep to look over.  No idea how many are translated/being worked on or by who.

I guess it's also worth thanking haruka-san from the qc-team for fixing so much.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents

Korcas

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2004, 02:06:39 pm »
Just a tiny question about episode 16..

How come the episode name, and Yuki's explanation of what she really is were changed?

The Episode title was changed from "Sexaroid" tp "Android", and when she explains what she is to the man she saved, she tells him about being a Medic Android, rather than a Sexaroid.

How come you guys changed it? I thought it was a really nice homage to one of Matsumoto's first manga.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2004, 05:43:47 pm »
Honestly, I didn't catch the reference. Can you give me more information on that? :D

As a hardcore Matsumoto fan that I pretend to be, the truth is I wasn't alive when most of his really famous works came out, so it's possible that I don't catch all his references >_< We need a Matsumoto expert on call at all times :D

-Tofu
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 05:47:24 pm by Tofusensei »
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Korcas

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2004, 02:40:45 am »
Well, I don't have any DEEP info on it, but one of his first, relatively successful sci-fi works was called Sexaroid, it has to have been one of his, earliest works, before he started to work on Harlock, Senen no Joou, and Ginga Tetsudou 999.

It's pretty hard to find any info on that one, sadly.

Buso-senshi

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2004, 04:46:42 am »
Well, I don't have any DEEP info on it, but one of his first, relatively successful sci-fi works was called Sexaroid, it has to have been one of his, earliest works, before he started to work on Harlock, Senen no Joou, and Ginga Tetsudou 999.

It's pretty hard to find any info on that one, sadly.

Sexaroid was published 1974, 4 Volumes. published in Asahi Sonorama's „Sun Comics“

It was reprinted in 1992.

It has nothing to do with the great "Leijiverse" of Harlock, Emeraldas, Yamato or Queen Millenia.

Korcas

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2004, 07:51:02 am »
Still, I wonder why the parts of the episode were mistranslated/changed, in the first place. o_o

Does the translator not like the fact that Yuki's a Sexaroid, or what?

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2004, 07:51:57 pm »
Well, here is the long and the short of it.

I was translating this show one day (yes, I am the one and only translator for this show :x) and I come across this word "sekusaroido". So I go, "Huh? What in blazes can that be?? Hmmm.... <checks electronic dictionary> <checks online dictionaries> <searches google> Ah, here this is great japanese page explaining what a sekusaroido is!" Of course, the explanataion for what a sexaroid is would be VERY similar to what the explanation for android is, so I (and here is the key phrase here) ASSUMED that it was just a fancy word for Android, so I translated it as such.

No malice was intended, I just missed the reference. It happens :( Now I need to get my hands on the Sexaroid manga :D

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Korcas

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2004, 12:53:13 am »
Well, here is the long and the short of it.

I was translating this show one day (yes, I am the one and only translator for this show :x) and I come across this word "sekusaroido". So I go, "Huh? What in blazes can that be?? Hmmm.... <checks electronic dictionary> <checks online dictionaries> <searches google> Ah, here this is great japanese page explaining what a sekusaroido is!" Of course, the explanataion for what a sexaroid is would be VERY similar to what the explanation for android is, so I (and here is the key phrase here) ASSUMED that it was just a fancy word for Android, so I translated it as such.

No malice was intended, I just missed the reference. It happens :( Now I need to get my hands on the Sexaroid manga :D

-Tofu

That does make sense, yeah. XD

Well, the only other time, I remember the term sexaroid to be used, was in the original Bubblegum Crisis OVA, in the episode Moonlight Rambler and Red Eyes, where a couple of sexaroids flee from the Genaros Space Station, and one of them becomes friends with Priss, etc.
Back in Bubblegum Crisis, Sexaroids were simply.. (As the name implies) Android "sextoys", they were basically hookers you didn't have to pay more than once, if you catch my drift. ;P

It wouldn't be TOO far off that Yuki was built for that intention, but it's probably just the homage at the Sexaroid manga.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 12:54:17 am by Korcas »