Author Topic: Blood+ Comments  (Read 52587 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Blood+ Comments
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:06:25 pm »
So whatchya think of our new show?

Discouss :o

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
Re: Blood+ Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 09:02:55 pm »
I'm going to have to download this now. I will hate you eternally if this is good. My computer cannot handle any more anime at the moment.
I never know what to put for these things....

Mishotaki

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 09:15:38 pm »
i had big hopes when i heard that they were doing Blood in a tv series....
after the first episode i don't think i'll continue watching...

the monsters are the same.... the background is about the same...
but the girl, Saya, is now a cheerful girl.... wich is completely different from the ova... i loved the ova, but i couldn't get into the story and got bored pretty fast.. (checked on my laundry.. got my mail... made a phone call... all between the episode started and it ended (i did put it on pause while doing those))

i hope some people who watched and loved the OVA liked this... as for me.. i didn't..

Mishotaki out

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:22:14 pm »
Okay, how often is this gonna be on?? I hate cliffhangers! I hate them!
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline Prons

• n00b Hero
  • Uchu Kaizoku
    • View Profile
    • Shin-Getter Fansubs
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 12:08:21 am »
I loved Blood The Last Vamprie! (Manga and anime)

Thanks Gumbaloom and L-E staff!

- Prons

DaStud3nt

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 01:19:28 am »
It was pretty good but I hate the cliffhanger part. I'm going to have to see the OVA now cause I'm alittle interested to see how different the OVA is.

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 02:04:26 am »
I never heard about the OVA but I'm going to download this episode to see if the serie is worth watching. If I like it I guess I have found something to keep me entertained while waiting for TRC Season 2 (and maybe try to find the OVA).
"If you lose your way, take a detour and look at the scenery" - TRC Chapter 83 (manga)

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 03:23:10 am »
i like it .
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

DrDubbleB

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 07:27:49 am »
I think I'll end up liking it, but the file I got was beyond messed up.  At 16:54 everytime I tried to play past that marker I would get a corrupted file. If I skipped past the marker however it would play just fine.  At 21:20 the sound switched to some other random part of the episode (which was really horrible timing for that to happen) and the subs disappeared. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 08:06:17 pm »
I was finaly able to watch the episode and I have to say that I liked it and I'm going to follow this series.

The starting scene of the episode reminded me of Elfen Lied with all that slaugther.

Well, I guess that now I have to find the OVA to see the differences.

I would also like to now how often is this anime going to be released?
"If you lose your way, take a detour and look at the scenery" - TRC Chapter 83 (manga)

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 12:19:04 am »
it was decent...i will have to see more eps to decide...but odds are i will get hooked and enjoy it.
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 02:06:43 am »
It is not cute enough and should therefore be dropped.

Offline Brokenimage0

• kl33my Hero
  • Time to roll the dice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 02:37:34 am »
cute? interesting logic lol, :P ::focuses on making his own logic :huit: ::
The planet weaves a cruel fate for men... Children are always the first to suffer... Geostigma,Genova,Reunion... Children who have lost hope... Respite for the Soul... And so he takes sword in hand once again...

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
  • Cave of Evil-Invite Only
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2005, 04:53:20 am »
I like it. I wont judge it against the ova. Because it isn't really based off that. I like the new art direction Production I.G. went with. I like to see this fansub continued.

panuru

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 01:38:12 pm »
My Review (no spoilers)...

I just finished Blood+ and, I must say, it exceeded my expectations. It's definitely cleaned up a LOT and lacks much originality in that department. The animation, however, is extremely smooth and quite pleasing to the eyes. The character designs are pleasing though slightly disappointing in comparison to the movie because it's difficult to see the Saya that we saw in the film when looking at this new Saya (and no, not just because of the short hair! hah). The other characters are extremely interesting though! The action scenes are superb and very well paced but the other scenes have some great dialogue and movements that really help to round out the characters - even in just the first episode - and it really makes you want to know more about them. The characters are also extremely likeable without getting annoying (opposed to most recent anime - when characters 'try to hard' to be likeable ::coughmaihimecough:: ). The music and sound is also superb (though I wasn't all to fond of the opening/closing themes - but they could grow on me). I look forward to a soundtrack definitely though because the underscore is great!

The story seems promising enough as long as the series doesn't succumb to that formuleaic structure that most action series do; and I look most forward to learning more about Saya's recent forgotten past.

One of the greatest things for my experience during this viewing, however, was anticipating how the events that occur in the first episode might tie into the events of the movie. While I understand the possibility that the writers might not choose to take this route, it's still extremely entertaining to contemplate the options pertaining to Saya's transformation from Saya of the film to Saya of the series.

I must say, I'm not very fond of Chizu Hashii's ending illustrations at all though.

I definitely recommend having watched the movie (OVA) before this series. It adds to the viewing experience! (Even though I recognize that the series is most likely unrelated.)

Blood+ gets an A+ from me (no pun intended).

As for Live-eviL's subbing, I think the subs were particularly great.  I chose Live-eviL over Shinsen-Subs simply because I enjoyed seeing LE release something since I hadn't enjoyed a series fansubbed by LE since Wolf's Rain (not to mention LE was quicker to release than SS!).  Some of the footnotes felt unnecessary, but I suppose that they may provide useful to some more than others.

One footnote observation, however:  Cheiroptera are any form of mammalia whose forelimbs are fashioned like wings.  This doesn't pertain solely to Eocene (bats).  A cheiropteran is not always a bat while a bat is always a cheiropteran.

Certainly, you may already know this but I thought I'd point it out in case otherwise.  Thanks, Live-eviL, for picking up this release!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:41:12 pm by panuru »