Author Topic: Blood+ Comments  (Read 52403 times)

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Blood+ Comments
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 06:13:00 pm »
Now that I have finally seen the OVA I have to say that it really helps to understand better the series. And it seems that Blood+ takes place after Blood: the Last Vampire as a continuation of the OVA.

***SPOILERS: Watch the OVA before reading***

In the end of the OVA we can see a bomber flying, going to war and based on the time the OVA takes place we can safely assume that their refering to the Vietnam War. And then Blood+ starts with a scene on a village with a army and Saya killing everyone in sight. Obviously this takes place during the Vietnam War.

So, so far we can assume that after what happened at the military base in Last Vampire, Saya was sent to Vietnam to hunt the Chiropterans but something must have happened during the war that made Saya start killing humans. Then, between the opening scene of Blood+ and the rest of episode 1, they were able to stop Saya and her memory was erased, which could explain the difference in personallity that some of you are complaining about. But don't forget that at the end of episode 1 she tasted the blood of that guy and her eyes became red, which could mean that, sooner or later, the Saya from of the OVA will come back, even if just for some moments.

PS: I liked the OVA but really caugth me by surprise because I wasn't expecting to hear someone talk in english.
"If you lose your way, take a detour and look at the scenery" - TRC Chapter 83 (manga)

panuru

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 10:00:57 pm »
I agree that it seemed to me that the OVA proceeds the TV series.  I wonder if this is true or if the TV series is just an alternative not directly related.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2005, 08:46:27 pm »
Okay...I've asked already but no one relied! How often is this on? Just wanna know how often we can expect the subs
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2005, 09:26:07 pm »
Ep 2 aired this morning (UK time)
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2005, 10:55:04 pm »
Thanks!

AgentSmith15

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 06:39:09 am »
i had big hopes when i heard that they were doing Blood in a tv series....
after the first episode i don't think i'll continue watching...

the monsters are the same.... the background is about the same...
but the girl, Saya, is now a cheerful girl.... wich is completely different from the ova... i loved the ova, but i couldn't get into the story and got bored pretty fast.. (checked on my laundry.. got my mail... made a phone call... all between the episode started and it ended (i did put it on pause while doing those))

i hope some people who watched and loved the OVA liked this... as for me.. i didn't..

Mishotaki out

The reason why Saya is more cheerful is because she doesn't know her past, if she did know she would be more gloomy.

You CANNOT judge a book by it's cover or it's first chapter. So I think this is going to be just as good or even better than the OVA.

AgentSmith15

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 06:41:34 am »
By the way, I am hooked on this anime ;D

Keep doing a good job Live Evil :)

DrDubbleB

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 07:19:19 am »
The reason why Saya is more cheerful is because she doesn't know her past, if she did know she would be more gloomy.

...I think this is going to be just as good or even better than the OVA.

I agree with both of those comments.

By the way I re-downloaded this show and the file I got was no longer corrupted. The first one I got from a bot on IRC (but could not remember which) and the second one I got via bit torrent (which would not fix the corrupted file).

i_to

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 10:06:46 am »
This is the first time I downloaded a BT from you guys.  I was looking for trailers to Blood+ when I found a link to this site at fansub.tv so I thought to myself 'To hell with the trailers I'm watching the first episode!' 

How does this relate to Blood The Last Vampire?  Well, as I've seen the feature anime (OVA) and read the manga, I already know the whole storyline.  Blood+ on the other hand seem to have a different take on the franchise, considering that Mamoru Oshii's original concept was about a vampire hunter girl that fights her own kind, nothing more nothing less.  It was planned as a multi platform franchise spawning animes, mangas, novels, and video games.  Each author of the franchise were given free reign over the source material so saying that one is more the canon story than the other is pointless, except probably for the novel written by Mamoru Oshii himself (haven't read that one though).

Since the title has changed, it's safe to say that the story doesn't revolve around The Last Vampire anymore.  Those who read the manga would know who The Last Vampire is and her relation to Saya and Maya.  But notice that Hagi's arm is very similar to Maya's arm at the end of the manga so they might use some story concept from the manga, particularly regarding clones.

This series also has a different atmosphere compared to the dark and violent air of the feature anime.  Blood+ is bright (thanks to cg coloring) and has a girly feel to it, not surprising since the staff researched alot on shoujo mangas while developing the script.  I read that from this interview here. http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/20_/s08_/000223.html#c

For those who don't know what a shoujo anime is like, just look at Sailor Moon and notice the parallelism: The heroine has surpressed memories of her past and is destined to fight evil, occasionally aided by a mysterious good-looking man who is somehow linked to her past (in Sailor Moon that would be Tuxedo Mask) all the while living a 'normal' life with friends and family. 

Suggesting that Blood The Last Vampire preceeds this series is debatable.  Even though the opening of the first episode shows some scenes of Vietnam, notice that Saya is wearing what looks to be a hospital gown (check the tied knot on her back).  Also in Blood The Last Vampire, Saya carries an ordinary katana (in the manga she broke it and got another one which at the end also broke) whereas in Blood+ what she's using is not a katana per se but rather some special sword that feeds on blood.  If the events of the feature anime is used then they'd probably remake and rewrite it than referencing it. 

To sum it up, it's too early to state the connection to the other franchise but I'm thinking that they're remaking the whole story and cut it's ties from The Last Vampire arc.  And the photograph of the vampire family in 1892?  I read that in episode #2 they changed it to only show Hagi and Saya.

Just a thought: usually the OP of any anime series would show all the main characters including the villain.  So, who is the main villain?  Hagi or Vin?  I mean she can't be fighting chiropterans for 52 episodes straight!  That would be too boring!

Anyways, thanks for the fansub.  I really appreciated it.  Great video quality and the subtitles are great too, especially the footnotes.  I also like how you guys try to match the text fonts.  It's these attention to detail that make the fansub look professionally made.  Keep up the good work!

I'm anxiously looking forward to the next episode.

i_to

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 12:52:29 pm »
Does Tofu translate this one too? Just wondering if the missing episode is the same reason for the Tsubasa Chronicle episode.

Kupopops

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 06:32:41 am »
I loved this anime and it's release was in perfect timing with my plan to show Blood: The Last Vampire OVA, to my club. So I showed the first ep right after the original film. A nice suprise for those who waited through the credits. They loved this anime, although we all found the choice of opening and ending themes rather humerous considering the content of the anime. I liked the ending art.

Saya is just a very beautiful character. She has got to be one of my all time faves, and seeing her young and innocent was bitter sweet, knowing she'll become the hardened assasin we see in the OVA.  I thought it added to her depth.

As you can tell, I just loved this anime. I am very much so looking forward to it.

Offline Nephtis

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Voltis Network
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 09:53:11 am »
Yeah, I saw it for the 2nd time today, as I screened it in our club. The response was good, for those that have as well as for those that have not seen the OVA. I actually haven't seen it yet, but the episode itself was very visually appealing. From a cinema point of view the show really gets you interested, and I found it to be quite cool. I look forward to more and hope that Live-Evil continue to work on the project.

Offline pendral

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2005, 01:14:35 pm »
I found the first episode quite good but a few things kinda puzzled me. First, whats up with the dreams about running through a castle Saya keeps having? Is it something from the OVA (haven't watched that obviously, I'll get it after I finish getting nausicaa)? Second, why in the world is Saya's friend so..... intimate? with Saya... Its a little unnnerving.
A face in the snow

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2005, 02:40:07 pm »
*looks at gender thing* You're a guy...so you wouldn't really get it. Girls who are very close, friend-wise, are like that! Heck, you should be lucky they don't kiss eachb other or something like some of my friends do. Either that, or there IS a little budding relationship there....

antipete

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2005, 08:28:34 pm »
Its a work to be proud of no doubt and so far the comments overwhelmingly support this I believe. (Anyone that doesnt believe it is just a moron anyway)
      I appreciate all the work that goes into bringing us an anime series and so I thank you for your giant effort also! Keep it up, this will be your biggest triumph to date I really believe that!

Oh and to the reviewer that wrote this.............

One footnote observation, however:  Cheiroptera are any form of mammalia whose forelimbs are fashioned like wings.  This doesn't pertain solely to Eocene (bats).  A cheiropteran is not always a bat while a bat is always a cheiropteran.

Woe, how old are you anyway?