Author Topic: Captain Harlock MKV problems  (Read 8312 times)

Offline manmiles

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Captain Harlock MKV problems
« on: October 24, 2005, 01:09:42 pm »

I've downloaded episodes 11 and 12 of Captain Harlock and changed the files to avi. But while the music is seemingly okay, the dialogue has a really distracting echo effect to it. Is there anyway to change this to be more normal?

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
Re: Captain Harlock MKV problems
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 01:41:52 pm »
I would strongly encourage that you install the necessary codecs to support .mkv encoding :)
Each of our releases contains mutiple audio tracks, some of which have undergone extensive remastering, and often mutiple sub tracks - You're really selling yourself short by converting them to .avi. We have no plans to ever change the format of Harlock, mostly because .mkv is great for everthing we look in a format.
By and large, I do not have a specific answer to your question, simply because theres never been a reason not to watch it in .mkv.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 01:56:04 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but....
If you REALLY want to use avi, what has probably happened to produce the echoing effect, is that mayhaps, whatever you are using to convert has integrated both audio tracks to play at the same time. You may want to play with whatever you are using for conversion.
In either case, we would reccomend that you watch it in MKV if at all possible
If you are having issues with MKV, Head to the Leeching & Technical Problems Forum
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 03:49:22 pm by Masakari »

Offline JL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 01:42:09 am »
Before I got my new PC i converted all my divx/xvid/mkv to vcd on my work PC (I left it running in the background) so I could watch it on my dvd player.

THere's a tool called mkvextractgui which I found via the www.videohelp.com website which will split an mkv into its components, so in Harlock 1's case, you get a video avi, two audio streams, and 3-4 subtitles streams. You can then recombine these into a new avi. I assume that you're doing this to watch on your dvd player, like I used to, and I recommend videohelp's website for all your converting needs.

But mainly I want to say thankyou for Harlock!

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 02:46:05 am »
Thanks for the tip JL.  ;D
I have talked with my collegues, and it seems we all agree strongly on the MKV, so it is definetly going to be the format of Harlock until the series concludes, as well as any other series we may be cooking up in the backround. ;D ;)
It is for this reason that I INSIST simply installing the software to support the format directly. If you want to watch it on a big screen, I would reccomend getting cables to hook your computer to your televison, as you may want to try other audio tracks, etc, basically, enjoy what MKV can do for you, even if you do not want to presently. ;D