Author Topic: Bittorent3.3  (Read 9027 times)

zenon

Bittorent3.3
« on: October 11, 2003, 05:43:09 pm »
Hi there...

I have a problem about Bittorent3.3...It always show an error which is about connecting to peer or somethimg like this...Is there anyone in this problem same as me?Please tell me how to do with it...Everytime it show error, downloading will pause...

Cheers
zenon

Offline Odd_shapeShifter

• Condor Hero
  • -=[LE-QC]=- Quality Checker Teammember
    • View Profile
Re: Bittorent3.3
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 06:51:37 pm »
I have the same problem, I can't Download it either.

Xytek

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 02:09:52 am »
Same here.. i switched back to 3.2, got the same error and tried again.. and it worked.. i might try 3.3 again..

ShinkuRyu

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 01:59:20 pm »
What does the error message says? Maybe I can help if I know.

Nevion

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 09:06:02 am »
kinda an old topic but I'm bored, don't wanna read/code, and its 5 am  ;D

you guys are probably talking about the connection_problem(url,conection_refused) thing (I'm certain thats not the exact way it looks but you get the idea right?) anyway, this has to do with bandwidth limiting techniques the trackers use, which is limiting the number of connections in certian blocks of time.  Unfortanely some trackers set this number relatively low (not there fault, I'm sure its all they can spare for tracking) and with other ppl on the tracker it gets very hard to connect, infact with no intervention it will sometimes just stay that way.  Resolution:  hammer* the tracker.  I already know that sounds bad but theres no other way to get past it sometimes.  As soon as you connect to it once you will get some vital info (ips to connect to) and your peers will provide some ips they have cached as well (if I'm not mistaken) at this point of just seeing 1 other peer or so, you can stop hammering it and if theres any other ppl on the torrent, things should take off from there.

* by hammering I mean you should do a manual announce to the tracker

kes

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 12:22:30 am »
hmmm....

am I the only one who gets a freeze computer after around 20min of downloading when I'm using BT??? My computer also restart auto after BT have freezed my computer.....

anyone gets this porblem too? - any tip on how to avoid such a problem???

HomerSimpson

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 08:44:30 am »
hmmm....

am I the only one who gets a freeze computer after around 20min of downloading when I'm using BT??? My computer also restart auto after BT have freezed my computer.....

anyone gets this porblem too? - any tip on how to avoid such a problem???

I have the same problem on my main computer, I think its the network card/driver thats messing up. cause I use 2nd comp to do torrent now n it stays on for months...