Author Topic: Comparison Of Shinsen Sub's and Live-Evil's Blood+  (Read 11387 times)

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
  • Cave of Evil-Invite Only
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
Comparison Of Shinsen Sub's and Live-Evil's Blood+
« on: November 02, 2005, 07:57:08 am »
I promised a comparision between live-evil's and Shinsen Sub's blood+ the review is too long to post here so I have a link to my blog

Visual Comparision
http://judeibe.blogspot.com/2005/11/shinsen-subs-blood.html
http://judeibe.blogspot.com/2005/11/live-evils-blood.html

Intro Lyrics Comparision
http://judeibe.blogspot.com/2005/11/intro-lyrics-comprasion-of-blood.html

Feel free to post comment here or on my blog.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 08:17:36 am by darkfire »

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
Re: Comparison Of Shinsen Sub's and Live-Evil's Blood+
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 09:24:26 am »
It's Called Oversubbing, and it's Wasteful.

I really hate when this happens. Yes yes, we are awsome, or perhaps awsome-er  ;D, than other groups, but that still doesn't address the inbedded issue of oversubbing.

The overall goal of Fansubbing is to make Anime accessible to people that would normally not have access to it.

When this happens, roughly 2x the staff is working on exactly the same project, not only possibly dammaging quality in both camps, due to rushing it out to beat the other "evil" group, but also squandering time, while not making anime more accessible per say. In other words - Having the exact same show subbed by 2 different groups simultaneously does NOT make the anime any more accessible to people, but it definetly does prohibit the possibilty of 2 different shows being processed at the same time, which would indeed make anime as a whole more accesible. For example, Us and other groups could all throw our efforts at Blood +, and in the end, have made one show more accesible that was not accesible before, wheras, if we all took different projects on, potenially 3x as much anime that would go un-noticed and un-apprecited could, in Theory, be made available. I know preferences and percieved "Quality" have alot to do with the selection of which version you download, and it is definetly a  good thing to have favorties, but just realize that there is an invisible cost to Oversubbing.

Oversubbing is a tragedy.

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 01:48:25 am »
It may only be a minor detail to you but Shinsen is actually a live-evil front, as their leader is a minion of our pig and controlled totally by our pig.  They release an initial 'test' version that is unedited, unproofed, and run through lexical transformation (to 'dumb down' the language) with not a great deal of qc to appeal to the leechers that want it immediately.  Whereas under the supervision of the same pig live-evil continues the work and releases the final version, partly based on critique of the version released by the shinsen front.  That way not only do the 'want it now' leechers get their fix but the live-evil name does not end up being soiled by an initial poor quality release.  Our pig is very clever.  Leechers may consider this a 'minor detail' and just get the appropriate version, not really caring except that their own needs and preferences are met.  But it still makes sense to point it out in the comparison.  Please do not question the wisdom of our pig as the group would not have survived this long without him.  If you read this and think I am spewing rubbish here is a picture of our pig:  http://sindo.live-evil.org in order to prove what I say.  Of course from Shinsen's perspective the situation is reversed, but this paradox is simply left as an exercise to the reader (who is the front controlled by the pig and who is the real group).  It is a tad strange but our pig is very intelligent and is often mistaken for a human online.  While this group knows the truth, many in other groups deny he is even a pig to begin with or are simply struck with disbelief or awe.  It is a natural thing, as people are used to making the assumption they are talking to other people online, not some other than another person.  Hope that helps in your analysis. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 02:00:12 am by Sindobook »

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 11:31:02 pm »
Can you please keep this sort of discussion to Anime-Planet's Fansub Quality Comparison forum please and not here.

Please out of courtesy to other groups who may be subbing shows that we are subbing do not use this forum to conduct quality comparisons and instead use the forum on anime planet.

Topic locked

Thanks

gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w