Author Topic: [request] iPod formatted Tsubasa please  (Read 14534 times)

Offline pyn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
[request] iPod formatted Tsubasa please
« on: October 23, 2005, 05:16:26 am »
I'd like to watch my Tsubasa on my iPod but i have hard time encoding it just right.  Could live-evil make a 320x240 [cropped from widescreen] h.264 version of Tsubasa?

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: [request] iPod formatted Tsubasa please
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 06:15:23 am »
Our piggy a picture of whom can be found here http://sindo.live-evil.org has tried this idea before but for the Playstation Portable.

The piggy made a version of Creamy Mami 42 which if you look at our torrent page and this forum http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,688.0.html gave a distinctly underwhelming response.

As such our piggy doesnt know if such a venture again would be worthwhile and he doesn't have a video Ipod to test out the encodes on. Would one be willing to donate a video ipod to our piggy so he could test it out? :o.

You would need to demonstrate that there is a few more people than just yourself for us to undertake a venture inhouse. However if someone came forward and volunteered to do it for us and would seed the torrent then our piggy would be happy to run around in circles to generate enough kinetic energy in his wheel to facilitate a release.

Otherwise our piggy would suggest that you go and find a forum dedicated to the re-encoding of video for the ipod.

Regards

-gumbaloom
(On behalf of the Live-eviL piggy)
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline LaO

• n00b Hero
  • Lao!
    • View Profile
    • Naruto Central/Anime Download Center
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 08:44:19 pm »
Our piggy a picture of whom can be found here http://sindo.live-evil.org has tried this idea before but for the Playstation Portable.

The piggy made a version of Creamy Mami 42 which if you look at our torrent page and this forum http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,688.0.html gave a distinctly underwhelming response.

As such our piggy doesnt know if such a venture again would be worthwhile and he doesn't have a video Ipod to test out the encodes on. Would one be willing to donate a video ipod to our piggy so he could test it out? :o.

You would need to demonstrate that there is a few more people than just yourself for us to undertake a venture inhouse. However if someone came forward and volunteered to do it for us and would seed the torrent then our piggy would be happy to run around in circles to generate enough kinetic energy in his wheel to facilitate a release.

Otherwise our piggy would suggest that you go and find a forum dedicated to the re-encoding of video for the ipod.

Regards

-gumbaloom
(On behalf of the Live-eviL piggy)

YOU GO PIGGY! i mean gum...dont mean to spam, just felt like shouting...lol..sorry..
Q: Why does the cow say meow?
a: It doesn't...

http://www.naruto-central.net/

Offline Raven_03

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 06:57:56 am »
I'd like to watch my Tsubasa on my iPod but i have hard time encoding it just right.  Could live-evil make a 320x240 [cropped from widescreen] h.264 version of Tsubasa?
its better if you conert the avi file to rm 1st then convert it to the compatible vodec for your ipod. That'll probably work. you WinAvi to convert much easier and my friend tested it w/ his ipod and we watch Initial D its ok but I cant really read the sub cause we used iphoto... anywayz  try it.
our strength is shown in the things we stand for
our weakness is shown in the things we fall for...

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
  • Cave of Evil-Invite Only
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 06:38:52 pm »
Use virtualdub get the h.264 codec. resize using lancoz to 320 by 180. Expand the frame to 320 by 240. go to www.videohelp.com for more info. Using my method there is no need for cropping
that is how it should look. It should be letter  boxed

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 02:19:26 am »
For those with pigs or other small pets that are interested in watching we can offer such downloads, but it serves no real purpose for a show that is not pet-friendly in the first place.  For pet-friendly shows I would try something like Animal Yokocho (aka "Animal Alley") rather than Tsubasa since your pets are unlikely to show any interest in the latter.

Offline babel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 02:22:11 am »
I'd like to vote against the production of miniscule no-res versions of your excellent subs, as it will only encourage the further proliferation of Iproduct junkies in the world, and wastes your valuable subbing/encoding/timing etc hours.

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 04:15:51 am »
If anyone wants a psp or ipod version they should encode it themselves. If they cant do it, or dont want to learn screw them. If you really wanted a ipod version you wouldnt ask live evil to make one. Their are great guides out their that tell you how to convert the videos to every format availiable. try www.videohelp.com or www.doom9.org

Offline totosquirt

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 12:12:17 pm »
I am just wondering, if you convert tsubasa episodes so that it is compatiable with an iPod, how will you be able to see the subtitles? you will just see....the anime and that's it. :( they are speaking a foreign language with no translator  :P

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 10:08:05 pm »
the subitles were hard coded onto the video. Which means they are a permenent part of the video when you rencode the video it will sill be there. If the video had external subtitles, which live-evil doesnt do. Virtual Dub has a filter that allows you to hard code the subtiles onto the video during the conversion. In stead of asking question in the forums. Take some initiate and use google. All the information I stated was found during a google search. Also as i stated befor www.videohelp.com has tutorials on everything I have stated before. They also have a indepth tutorial for converting videos to Ipods or psp.

Offline babel

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 12:42:02 am »
A further note on converting to Iproduct format, I found this comment on Triad's site written by Kanna (apologies for pinching it and posting it here...but I found it amusing)

'I went through the process of trying to convert Imouto Jiru to iPod format today and I can say with confidence that those ---> chickenfuckers <--- at Apple have failed miserably to implement their new feature. Instead of writing a lengthy article of how it sucks, I'll just paste some lines from our channel:

<Kanna> I tried doing all the steps prior to loading them onto the ipod, which I don't have
<Kanna> aka conversion
<Kanna> dvd -> quicktime compatible mpeg-4 -> buy quicktime pro ($30) -> export(convert) to ipod(h.264) -> *CRASH* -> >:O
<Kanna> BAD END. GAME OVER.

Enjoy the episode, and I hope all your iPods break.'

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 12:57:19 am »
As Sindo said Tsubasa isn't a very pig friendly anime we would need to take extra special precautions to protect our piggy as we need him to generate energy by running around in his wheel to facilitate releases. A picture of our pig can be found here -> http://sindo.live-evil.org

That all being said you would need to convince our piggy that there was sufficient interest in him making an ipod version. He isn't going to make one for only 2 people as he could use the energy generated for releases to release something else ;).

So well either way I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 01:44:32 am »
I am just wondering, if you convert tsubasa episodes so that it is compatiable with an iPod, how will you be able to see the subtitles? you will just see....the anime and that's it. :( they are speaking a foreign language with no translator  :P
Okay how do I put it.  The subtitles might be small to you b'cos you are a human who is much larger than a pig.  For a pig or other small animal (dwarf bunny, hamster, rat, mouse, etc.) the PSP screen is huge, the equivelent size screen for a human would be 200-inch plasma or somesuch.  Even an iPod screen which is much too small for human use is the equivelent of a 40-something inch plasma TV which is today not something most humans even own.  Plus this is assuming your pets care to read the subtitles in the first place... I mean let's keep it real what use does a pig have for subtitles.  Even the ones that can read, they mostly just look at the pictures and the little girls, not b'cos they have a lolicon but b'cos their hearing spectrum is different than people with the frequencies toward the higher end.

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 04:41:31 am »
Yet everyone ignores all my instructions. Live-evil you dont have to encode crap for anyone. The should download your original version and encode it themselves.
And yes you can encode it to psp and Ipod. I have. And I do it all the time. But you have to resize you the lancoz3 algrithim. Otherwise it looks crappy. And 20fps is good as well. It cuts down the file size as well.