Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle!  (Read 274777 times)

Thorgal

Re: Tsubasa Chronicle!
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2005, 02:25:38 am »

You know...

SSM 4 and this ep were encoded by totally different people... Do you think it might not be your setup?

-Tofu

It is not my setup and i'm not watching your releases for the first time. I've downloaded all the raw files and subbed versions of TC ep1 and only your version does have such a problem with the audio.

Besides... what kind of setup problem should it be with SSM ep4 if all the previous 3 DVD rips are fine ?

There's definitely something messed up with the audio encoding and the original surround mix is completely ruined.

It doesn't make any difference if i watch this two releases on my PC with different codecs or on the XBOX with XBMC.

Don't get me wrong because i like your subtitles and would really like to continue to enjoy your releases but something like this is a pain in my ears.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2005, 02:31:22 am »
Hmm...

I'm sort of confused what you mean by the surround mix... These are encoded in 2.0 stereo as far as I know, right??

I think maybe SSM4 and this ep were encoded with a CVS version of lame that might be the culprit. Can you describe the error in more detail and I'll talk to the lame developers about it?

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Thorgal

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2005, 04:34:59 am »
These are encoded in 2.0 stereo as far as I know, right??

That's right.

I think maybe SSM4 and this ep were encoded with a CVS version of lame that might be the culprit. Can you describe the error in more detail and I'll talk to the lame developers about it?

I really would like to do this but i don't know how to explain this. This is the first time i got this kind of problem and i don't know how to explain this properly in english.

I susspect the problem is that the surround mix for the dialogues is messed up (the dialogue should be decoded only to the center channel  and not to all 5 channels with same intensity and minimal timing difference even if it's analogue surround). This could be the cause of the wired effect or just the result.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 04:37:21 am by Thorgal »

Luna_Hoshino

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2005, 06:52:50 am »

You have the lyrics sheet???

I need! Hehe, can you either transcribe the kanji or scan it? It'd be immensely useful! Thank you for your help ^^

Please contact me either through pm on this board, or on AIM as Tofusensei, or on irc (irc.enterthegame.com) as Tofusensei, or through email at Tofusensei@live-evil.org ASAP, so we can get the perfect lyrics translation in the episode #2! I'll even put your name in it as a special thanks, hehe ^^

-Tofu

[URL removed]

There you go!  It's got both the opening and the ending.  ^_^
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 02:34:34 am by Tofusensei »

Subaru

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2005, 12:46:38 am »
Just out of curiosity, what is the Japanese for Yuuko's title.  (Ie what did they translate as "space time witch?").  I know at alternate points in the manga Del Rey started calling her the "dimension witch" but that might have been different.

I'm looking forward to the series.  Thank you so much!  

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2005, 02:35:16 am »

There you go!  It's got both the opening and the ending.  ^_^

Thanks, you're the best!!

Sorry for removing the URL, trade secrets, you know, hehe

-Tofu

I'll give you a special thanks in ep 2! Keep an eye out for it!!

minako_chan

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2005, 03:11:56 am »
Hey!

You guys did an excellent job on the first ep.  I'm looking forward to all the episodes to come.  I just had a small problem.  (Which is probably blamed on my computer.)  While playing the movie in Winamp, Windows Media Player & DivX the picture would lag and slow down from the sound.  I would keep having to stop the movie and restart it.  It will catch up after I do that, but repeat this lagging process every 5 minutes or so.  

Any advice on how to fix this?  

Thanks so much, and keep up the good work.  ;)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2005, 03:50:12 am »
Just out of curiosity, what is the Japanese for Yuuko's title.  (Ie what did they translate as "space time witch?").  I know at alternate points in the manga Del Rey started calling her the "dimension witch" but that might have been different.

I'm looking forward to the series.  Thank you so much!  

In Japanese they call her the "Jigen no Majo" which means "Dimensional Witch" or "Dimension Witch." It seems like the original translator who did the manga screwed up her name. There is another term used in the manga by another character called "jikuu" which literally means "Space & Time" so I bet they translated it as that by accident and it sneaked through. Then they corrected it later on :D

-Tofu

Anyway, we're sticking with Fye, Syaoran, and Dimensional Witch ><

Subaru

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2005, 05:04:36 am »
Thanks for your quick reply.

In Japanese they call her the "Jigen no Majo" which means "Dimensional Witch" or "Dimension Witch." It seems like the original translator who did the manga screwed up her name. There is another term used in the manga by another character called "jikuu" which literally means "Space & Time" so I bet they translated it as that by accident and it sneaked through. Then they corrected it later on :D

-Tofu

Anyway, we're sticking with Fye, Syaoran, and Dimensional Witch ><

Ah I see. (I'm interested because I'm writing a review of volume 1 and I dont have the original to make translation comments on)

only 66 more hours with my crappy school connection to BT.  

-Jeni
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 05:05:52 am by Subaru »

Ichigo_Kurosaki

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2005, 08:16:32 am »
Hey!

You guys did an excellent job on the first ep.  I'm looking forward to all the episodes to come.  I just had a small problem.  (Which is probably blamed on my computer.)  While playing the movie in Winamp, Windows Media Player & DivX the picture would lag and slow down from the sound.  I would keep having to stop the movie and restart it.  It will catch up after I do that, but repeat this lagging process every 5 minutes or so.  

Hey minako_chan I used to have that  problem with some videos until I downloaded the vlc media player go download it it's an awsome player and it should solve your problems if u use it to watch your videos.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 08:20:42 am by Ichigo_Kurosaki »

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2005, 08:52:48 am »
Hey!

Just curious, what speed/type is your processor?

I couldn't play it on my Pentium III 933 without it lagging either ><

-Tofu

Offline Duke

• n00b Hero
  • The Successor of Ry Takahashi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2005, 10:14:17 am »
Try useing the Core Media Player. www.tcmp.org
Leader of Racing Team OniInitial D Arcade Stage Ver.3Main Car - Mazda RX-7 Infinity III

Ichigo_Kurosaki

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2005, 04:09:36 am »
Hey Tofu if your doing Tsubasa Chronicle now shouldn't you add it to the project list?

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2005, 04:48:48 am »
Hey Tofu if your doing Tsubasa Chronicle now shouldn't you add it to the project list?

I'll be honest with you. I don't know how to update the webpage, other than the messages on the front page ><

I suppose I should talk to who does, though hehe

Thanks for the reminder, though!!

-Tofu

Offline DIABLO_CHRoNO

• n00b Hero
  • SALUDOS FROM MEXICO!!
    • View Profile
About Fye or Fai
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2005, 08:09:30 am »
hi guys! great job you've done here with tsubasa...
there are some complains about why you wrote the name "Fye" instead of "Fai" and there's i've though about it.. and i should say i'ld like *FYE* better, please
keep that one..
***here's my theory: japanese is a phonetic languaje, so the right translation would be "Fai" but with that, the american people (english spoken) could pronounce it wrong, since in that languaje, one thing is the spelling and the other is the pronounciation, so, with the translation "Fye" you make sure everybody pronounces the name the right way, the way CLAMP intended
***and finally, "Fye" is cute, it seems more fiting, more exotic, just feels right
El poder nace cuando tus deseos son escuchados, ahi radica el poder