Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle!  (Read 291180 times)

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle!
« Reply #330 on: October 17, 2005, 08:02:57 am »
having it licensed means that a company has bought the rights to distribute the product in that region. So since we're in America, technically it's not legal to distribute copyrighted materials however. Since the copyright license hasn't been licensed here in America, the restriction to distributing that product doesn't apply here. Excuse me...isn't enforced here until it gets licensed. At which point all fansub distribution should cease.

The CCS that you got that was all 70 episodes was a DVD-ripped, not a fansubbed one. That was a pirated version.

Offline Nephtis

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Voltis Network
« Reply #331 on: October 17, 2005, 08:47:02 am »
While I certainly support the purchase of DVDs, let's all note I live in Australia and that means an even longer wait. So while you guys have your Cartoon Network and whatever else, I've got to wait longer for Madman to release it. That and the fact that you get 3-4 episodes per DVD, the release shedule is horrible long and costly. It takes a fair while for the 'box set' to be released as a whole, and for a good price. So while the wait is probably not as long as it is with video games, it's still hard to wait.

Yes, Tsubasa Chronicle will get licensed, if no one picks it up it'll be one of the most stupid moves by the American companies I've seen since the Naruto dub. Then again that was recent! Dubs do not matter, I certainly do not purchase DVDs for the dubbing, I purchase it for the original.

The entire point of fansubbing is to show the west the power of Japanese animation before the long wait for the DVD release, not to shift sales from them. If you really support and enjoy anime then you surely must purchase and support it's legal distribution in the west.

That said, go go Live-Evil!

Jing

« Reply #332 on: October 17, 2005, 11:33:20 am »
well then again look at naruto, it took showpro about 117 episodes to say "hey about 10million people download this everyweek, lets license it"

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 17, 2005, 01:53:59 pm »
I know a lot of you are very anti Region 1 DVD but Live-eviL doesn't want as a group to have the Feds coming after us. Subbing licensed anime is just asking for trouble. Fansub groups who have subbed licensed anime HAVE and WILL in the future receive cease and desist orders from American licensors. I won't mention any names but fansub groups in recent history have been served with such orders.

Another thing which I should direct you all to is the rules and policies of Enterthegame which is the irc network on which our channel is hosted. They can be found at http://www.enterthegame.com/etg-rules.htm . Part 2 Section 8 of these rules is an Anime Policy and I quote

"No licensed anime: This refers to any anime series, movie or manga that has been licensed outside of Japan. Even if it has been licensed and not released yet, it is not to be distributed on ETG or subtitled by a group on ETG. When series get licensed you are responsible to remove all copies of them from distribution."

So even if we did continue to sub Tsubasa we would be in contravention of the rules and policies of the IRC network who so graciously hosts us and I'm sorry folks but thats just something that we're not gonna go against. Thats why we come down hard on anyone who comes to the IRC channel asking for licensed anime because we don't want to get in trouble with the IRC network admins.

I will be VERY VERY VERY surprised if Tsubasa survives the next Spring/Summer 2006 Anime convention season without being licensed. If Tsubasa gets licensed then, Live-eviL as a group will no longer sub Tsubasa however as I said I can't speak for individual staff members or DB...

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

delphenuz

« Reply #334 on: October 17, 2005, 02:58:15 pm »
so ummm ermm if tsubasa isnt licenced yet.. wheres ep 26 :S or am i missing something...

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 17, 2005, 04:14:41 pm »
well to change the subject. Is anyone gonna buy the Video Game when it comes out? or do you think it's not gonna be that good? (There's a Tsubasa Chronicles game coming out for Nintendo DS)

Offline navashuryn

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 17, 2005, 04:57:13 pm »
The dubbed version of anime is always horrible. I have never seen one good dub in my life. I remember cringing so much from watching the English CCS, and I completely stopped watching it.

If TRC gets licensed, I guess it means we'll have to resort to pirated Hong Kong dvds with really bad subtitles :\ or the licensed ones, which will cost us all a fortune.
Well, I just have to disagree... There have been some animes that I liked the English version better then the Japanese... Cowboy Bebop was one, and all of Miyazaki's movies are another... Then again, that's just personal taste... Personally, I don't mind the dubs too much... Plus, I like the fact that I can aquire anime legally when it's licenced... Besides, I also like just sitting in my bed, watching anime on my TV... ^-^;;;;

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 17, 2005, 07:13:51 pm »
well to change the subject. Is anyone gonna buy the Video Game when it comes out? or do you think it's not gonna be that good? (There's a Tsubasa Chronicles game coming out for Nintendo DS)

I will probably get it PROVIDING that it's actually in english and availible for an english DS. The CCS gameboy games were crap. Lets hoep this one is much, MUCH better.

and also, thanks guys for the info about the lisceneced things.

And where is episode 26? Just to be curious.
I never know what to put for these things....

buffypotter

« Reply #338 on: October 17, 2005, 08:05:39 pm »
well .. this is pretty anoying .. *wants TC 26 fansubbed so she can understand what is going on* .. i saw 26 already .. i only understood the why's and the syaoran's  ???

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 17, 2005, 10:20:35 pm »
Can't wait to see how the animators conclude season one. The preview looks interesting. Heh at least it won't be as bad if TC gets licensed before season 2 starts, that way I don't know how season 2 is and it's more bearable. I just pray to god that ADVFILMS actually does get it. I'm seriously going to boycott the American release and buy Japanese imports DVD if Nelvana gets licensing of it.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 17, 2005, 11:01:23 pm »
urgh....Cardcaptors.... Sakura so so horrifically whiney I wanted to hit her with her staff until  she would stop. I used to absolutly LOVE everything about Cardcaptors when i was like, 12...but that was when I didn't even know Japanese existed and I thought everything was done in the same language, and that everythign was made by the USA.
I never know what to put for these things....

atrus

« Reply #341 on: October 17, 2005, 11:06:23 pm »
urgh....Cardcaptors.... Sakura so so horrifically whiney I wanted to hit her with her staff until  she would stop. I used to absolutly LOVE everything about Cardcaptors when i was like, 12...but that was when I didn't even know Japanese existed and I thought everything was done in the same language, and that everythign was made by the USA.

Cardcaptors is THE reason I stopped watching anime dubed and started watching it subed.  No other anime dub has physically hurt my ears.  About the only other really anoying dub I know of is Magic Knights Rayearth. 

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 18, 2005, 12:42:17 am »
A request to all of you Tsubasa fans. Kindly please do not come to #live-evil enquiring as to the whereabouts of Tsubasa 26. It was not translated as usual by Tofusensei at the weekend and at the last count of knowing was undergoing translation whilst he was travelling the USA on business.

The last thing that we know is that he will be home sometime on Wednesday to complete the fansubbing process on Tsubasa 26 and encode it. Please DONT ask us when it's coming out as we can't do ANYTHING till tofu comes online and we'd rather not have high blood pressure in the IRC channel from a constant stream of people enquiring as to the whereabouts of this particular fansub release.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

ek9

« Reply #343 on: October 18, 2005, 12:51:22 am »
maybe if tsubasa chronicles get licensed, it will be licensed by seasons.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 18, 2005, 12:54:35 am »
The season's arent self contained like Full Metal Panic are. Therefore if it gets licensed it'll be the whole lot at one go and really a licensing company would be dumb to license only 1 season of a story that spands 3 seasons.

-gumbaloom