Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle!  (Read 274965 times)

Offline mikala

• Rakuen Hero
  • i wanna be an hero :o
    • View Profile
    • Mikala's Blog
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 07:05:25 am »
ok so be cool ( nice movie btw ).
Give a try to vlc  ==> http://www.videolan.org .
it should read this file *without* problem.
Jabber ID : mikala@jabber.littleboboy.net

dudeinthewater

Yuuko!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2005, 09:23:34 am »
Thanks for the excellent sub!!!
The series is looking really really good with character design looking and acting true to their manga counter-parts. Since  I'm also a big XXXholic fan, I wish they drew Yuuko to look more sexy and mischievous like her manga character ;P but hey, thats just my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 09:25:16 am by dudeinthewater »

fye

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2005, 11:26:41 am »
Hi! Wonderful series and wonderful work...
Just a little little note.
The sub just ignored Mokona tipical exclamation: Puh...
Well, the seiyuu pronunces it not so clear...
Don't ignore it because it's "part of the character"; if you have Rayearth OST, please listen to the mokona waltz or any other  song by Mokona ;)

Thanks to the subbers for their work.
Bye!

Offline Yoten

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 11:57:20 am »
Downloaded this since I forgot to watch it on TV Saturday, and it's damned good stuff. I now wish I read more CLAMP manga, so I could get more of the cameos. :/

RyougaZell

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 09:57:01 pm »
Finally downloaded it.
Great sub. Thnks guys

Offline crypticgimp

• Death God Hero
  • wOOt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 02:42:52 am »
::waits patiently for icchan::
"Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
I AM queen of underwire!

Luna_Hoshino

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2005, 08:13:01 am »
Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but the translation of the opening song at least is, well, full of errors.  ^^;;

Boku ga hikari nakushitemo itsuka
Kimi ga tomoshitekureba kiramaeku mune no honoo  
(it should actually be "tomoshitekureta"; I have the lyrics sheet)

should be translated as

Even if I lose the light someday,
The sparkling flames of your heart will be my light  (literally, "tomoshite kureta" means "you gave me the light/lit things for me")

Also, "Tsubasa ni kawaru kibou no kakera" should be translated as "The fragments of hope turn into/become wings" or something along those lines.

There are more errors than just that, too.

But other than that, the episode translation itself seemed fine.  There were a few errors here and there, but nothing too major.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 08:40:55 am by Luna_Hoshino »

Offline DIABLO_CHRoNO

• n00b Hero
  • SALUDOS FROM MEXICO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2005, 08:30:18 pm »
AWESOME!!!!
I've first meet your work with some sailormoon live episodes..
but this time.. you blow the roof!!
thanks guys... i've never thought i could see tsubasa only TWO years since i've first get the scans. then the -not-so-good DEL REY release.
thanks thanks thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its really important you keeped the original names just like Clamp intended to be.
my bittorrent window is open since yesterday and will be for all today...
really, thanks to all.. and i hope you continue and that you get the credit you deserve for bringing Tsubasa FIRST than any other fansub group.
El poder nace cuando tus deseos son escuchados, ahi radica el poder

AyaAya

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2005, 08:55:49 pm »
heh, Still wonderful although I'm a bit surprised that Sakura Tange didn't return to do Sakura's voice.  Love the manga though. ^.^  Hehe

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2005, 08:56:52 pm »
Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but the translation of the opening song at least is, well, full of errors.  ^^;;

Boku ga hikari nakushitemo itsuka
Kimi ga tomoshitekureba kiramaeku mune no honoo  
(it should actually be "tomoshitekureta"; I have the lyrics sheet)

should be translated as

Even if I lose the light someday,
The sparkling flames of your heart will be my light  (literally, "tomoshite kureta" means "you gave me the light/lit things for me")

Also, "Tsubasa ni kawaru kibou no kakera" should be translated as "The fragments of hope turn into/become wings" or something along those lines.

There are more errors than just that, too.

But other than that, the episode translation itself seemed fine.  There were a few errors here and there, but nothing too major.

You have the lyrics sheet???

I need! Hehe, can you either transcribe the kanji or scan it? It'd be immensely useful! Thank you for your help ^^

Please contact me either through pm on this board, or on AIM as Tofusensei, or on irc (irc.enterthegame.com) as Tofusensei, or through email at Tofusensei@live-evil.org ASAP, so we can get the perfect lyrics translation in the episode #2! I'll even put your name in it as a special thanks, hehe ^^

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Takako

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 02:19:49 am »
Takako... do you even understand what you are asking for?
You want Live-evil to use the AMERICAN name given to Fye, not the CLAMP one.

Imagine this... its like you asked fansubbers to use "Evil Eye" instead of Byakugan in Naruto, just cause Viz named it that way.

Last I checked, the screen says 'Fai'. Unimaginative romanization or not, that's what's there.

So the Fye decision seems to be popular among these forums, but have you checked anywhere else? Just wondering.

Ichigo_Kurosaki

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 06:38:09 am »
after seeing the first episode my opinion is thta this aniem is awsome! and you guys did a good job on it. Does anyone know where i can download english scanlations?

Thorgal

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 08:14:00 pm »
Yes, there's no doubt the series is really great and L-E did a good job with the translation. Unfortunately there's the same problem with the audio encoding i noticed in ep4 of SSM. It's a real pain to watch this series in Dolby Surround. Something like this is rerally sad for a series originaly encoded in this audio format.

wingdance

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 12:13:17 am »
I thought this was incredibly awesome. Actually, I had no idea an anime was being made of Tsubasa before I saw the torrent. ^^;

Thank you very much for subbing it!

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2005, 12:55:58 am »
Yes, there's no doubt the series is really great and L-E did a good job with the translation. Unfortunately there's the same problem with the audio encoding i noticed in ep4 of SSM. It's a real pain to watch this series in Dolby Surround. Something like this is rerally sad for a series originaly encoded in this audio format.

You know...

SSM 4 and this ep were encoded by totally different people... Do you think it might not be your setup?

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.