Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle!  (Read 293348 times)

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle!
« Reply #270 on: September 27, 2005, 08:16:25 pm »
Well Hirvine, the thing is, they actually think they died. So yes, Syaoran would let Sakura die with him if she wanted to. But this scene only happened in the anime. In the manga Syaoran dies alone because Sakura is still asleep with Mokona when they discover Fye was attacked.

When this season ends you guys really should read the manga while wainting for season 2 because there are some details that they left out of the anime, including my favorite scene in Jade country (the one with the snow).
"If you lose your way, take a detour and look at the scenery" - TRC Chapter 83 (manga)

Offline DavidPT

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 27, 2005, 10:53:04 pm »
I just saw on the official page for the Anime that there will be 26 episodes in this season.  I am expecting them to end the season when they leave this world.  If they are going to end the season at that point, they are going to have to pad the remaining episodes alot.

Episode 23 ends during chapter 46 and they leave in chapter 49.  That doesn't leave much to work with.

Offline EadTaes

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2005, 02:01:36 am »
We might get extranted S&S emmmories form sakura when sh gets that feather. But of cours eshe doen'ts remmber him. and an otehr possibilaty is that of a new original episode. Or they migth do a DBZ and make a 10 minutes fight 30 minutes long.

Offline Hirvine

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • World of Shenja
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2005, 06:52:51 pm »
When this season ends you guys really should read the manga while wainting for season 2 because there are some details that they left out of the anime, including my favorite scene in Jade country (the one with the snow).

I wonder where to order manga. The place where I buy manga for now is really buggy, waited for 7 months for 9 manga's only received 5 of them... So, does someone know here a good online manga seller, with google you don't know wehter it;s a trustfull one, so anyone?

For manga, games and programs
Current program, Anime Manga Ost Manager at amo.worldofshenja.com, manage your backups!

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2005, 12:35:29 am »
I wonder where to order manga. The place where I buy manga for now is really buggy, waited for 7 months for 9 manga's only received 5 of them... So, does someone know here a good online manga seller, with google you don't know wehter it;s a trustfull one, so anyone?

I don't know. I've been reading some scanlations I found on http://bwys.net/index.php because when it comes to manga Portugal really sucks. It's very hard to find decent manga (I only could find volume 1 & 2 of TRC in FRENCH and, fyi, I don't understand a single word of french, only portuguese and english) and I never bothered looking for online stores since I don't think they send the books to the middle of nowhere  :-\

Of course if they ever start to sell them here in an understandable language I will buy it. It's better to have it on our hands than reading on the screen.  ;)
"If you lose your way, take a detour and look at the scenery" - TRC Chapter 83 (manga)

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2005, 02:27:11 am »
Wow, they'd suprise me there, I didn't knew they dare to do that.

I'm going to go a little off-topic but this isn't the first time CLAMP does something similar.

WARNING: if you never watched Cardcaptor Sakura (CCS, not that Cardcaptors crap) and intend to, do NOT read further!

**BEGIN SPOILERS**

In CCS, at the end of season 2, during the Final Judgement (I think thats how it got translated), when I watched it for the first time, I actually thought that Sakura had lost against Yue and that they would forget all about the Cards, the Guardians and their feelings. I remember thinking "This can't be happening" and being really sad because the second half of the episode went on as if the entire season 1 and 2 didn't happen. But then it turned out that she fainted during the battle and what we were seeing was her dreaming of what would happen if she lost.

**END SPOILERS**

But all that was only one episode. You guys have to wait a week...

PS: I recomend watching CCS as a preperation for season 2 of Tsubasa Chronicles. If they stick with the manga, in about 3 or 4 dimentions (starting in chapter 70) it's going to be something along the lines of "TRC meets CCS" and all CCS fans will die from the hilarity.

PPS: Yes, I admit CCS is a bit childish/girlish and rather long (70 anime episodes + 2 movies + 4 bonus small videos for laughing purposes) but it's lots of fun and you get to know better Sakura, Syaoran, Toya, Yukito, Tomoyo, Fujitaka (CCS -> Sakura's father, TRC -> Syaoran's father) and Clow Reed (TRC -> Sakura's father) from Tsubasa since they are exactly the same, only different voices.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 03:03:38 am by Frostleaf »

delphenuz

« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2005, 03:59:22 pm »
i must say that delphenuz guy rocks

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2005, 10:20:49 pm »
CLAMP's plan is working. Because of this series, I have recently finished watching all of X/1999

Sad thing is I think I love it more than any series I've ever seen, CLAMP or not CLAMP....Seishiro is a bastard. I hate him. In both series'.
I never know what to put for these things....

reiko

« Reply #278 on: October 02, 2005, 08:00:08 am »

I usually get my TRC manga from www.yesasia.com... I live in California, and I buy the hardcover Japanese ones, so it takes about 3-4 weeks for delivery. If you live anywhere near a Kinokuniya bookstore, they should have it.

Oh, and if you don't read Japanese ones, they also have them in Chinese and English, but it's a bit odd.. To search for the English manga, you go under the "Books" section. To search for either Chinese or Japanese, go to the "comics" section. And for the Japanese ones, they spell it as if they're sounding out the Katakana, so if you wanna buy the hardcover one, it'd be
"tsubasa *insert volume # here* rezavuoa kuronikuru RESERVOIR CHRONICLE shiyounen magajin komitsukusu SHONEN MAGAZINE COMICS"

it was a bit confusing when I was purchasing it, since I almost got the Chinese ones, and they look the same.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 08:05:06 am by reiko »

delphenuz

« Reply #279 on: October 02, 2005, 01:35:00 pm »
CLAMP's plan is working. Because of this series, I have recently finished watching all of X/1999

Sad thing is I think I love it more than any series I've ever seen, CLAMP or not CLAMP....Seishiro is a bastard. I hate him. In both series'.

is the series any good?  I watched the movie and thought it was just pure shit.. sum1 dies every 5 mins lol and the end... ugh... 

Btw has anybody seen law of ueki? wha dja'll think of it if u have? i just need another anime to add to my weekly download i already follow naruto, bleach, tsubasa, beet the vandel buster and gun x sword.. gun x sword is so cool :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 01:45:53 pm by delphenuz »

Offline confuzzled puppy

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2005, 02:15:41 pm »
is the series any good?  I watched the movie and thought it was just pure shit.. sum1 dies every 5 mins lol and the end... ugh... 

lol y didnt u ask me :huit: the movie was pretty crap 4 me n i still havent finished watching the series. u can rent it on DVD since its released here in oz :)

delphenuz

« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2005, 04:16:11 pm »
im getting that tsubasa twitch again... *runs around in circles screaming*

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2005, 05:48:02 pm »

Well, the first like, five or six episodes were pretty gore-free. But then it kinda...all went downhill from then. But someone didn't die every episode! More like every other....there were quite a few people left alive at the end of the series! Most had some sort of mental or physical injury though.

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2005, 07:30:04 pm »
Must have been either a long night last night or tons of text.
Usually i get home Sunday morning 8am est and the episode is up.

Is everything OK over there?

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 02, 2005, 08:40:37 pm »
Don't worry. Sometimes there are just slight delays. It will usually be up by about tenish gmt. No idea what that is in est, but that's in like...two hours..