Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle!  (Read 292930 times)

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle!
« Reply #345 on: October 18, 2005, 02:30:02 am »
Cardcaptors is THE reason I stopped watching anime dubed and started watching it subed.  No other anime dub has physically hurt my ears.  About the only other really anoying dub I know of is Magic Knights Rayearth. 

Guess I'm lucky then because the portuguese dub of CCS was pretty good with only a few minor translation errors here and there. In fact, the voice acting was so good that I actually prefer the portuguese voice of Kerberos in his original form than it's japanese equivalent (they gave him a really deep voice that made him sound very serious and powerful and I think it really fits his original form).

The other voices were very similar with the japanese originals with the only exception being Yue's voice which, in the japanese version, is the same as Yukito while in the portuguese version they did the same thing as with Kerberos and gave him a more serious voice.

Oh, and of course they replaced almost every song with portuguese equivalents that are not the correct translation but in some cases comes close. The incredible thing is that the songs actually sound good and, in the case of "Platinum" (3rd opening) the portuguese version has, in fact, the word "platinum" in it.

Another thing is that it was CCS that started me in the anime world and, I have to say, it has been a very nice trip.
"If you lose your way, take a detour and look at the scenery" - TRC Chapter 83 (manga)

Offline Frostleaf

• n00b Hero
  • CCS & TRC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 18, 2005, 03:02:58 am »
Sorry for continuing to hijack the thread but I have one more thing to say:

When I watched CCS in the portuguese television I became instantly addicted to the series and when they aired the show for the second time I videotaped every episode and, since then, I've seen the 70 episodes in a row (with pauses to eat and sleep of course) at least 10 times (I think it's closer to 15 but I'm not sure since I've already lost count) over the past 5-6 years.

The problem is, as I found later, Portugal sucks when it comes to anime and, as such, they never aired the 2 movies and I never once saw for sale the DVDs nor the manga, so in order to get the japanese version I had to download it all fansubbed (70 episodes --> more than 10 Gb). The good thing about this was that while searching for the movies (the first one was really really hard to find) I found the 3 video diaries (they're hilarious), the 10 min. special with Kero-chan and Suppie as main caracters (also hilarious) and tons of CDs with the original songs.
"If you lose your way, take a detour and look at the scenery" - TRC Chapter 83 (manga)

Offline Nephtis

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Voltis Network
« Reply #347 on: October 18, 2005, 06:15:34 am »
A request to all of you Tsubasa fans. Kindly please do not come to #live-evil enquiring as to the whereabouts of Tsubasa 26. It was not translated as usual by Tofusensei at the weekend and at the last count of knowing was undergoing translation whilst he was travelling the USA on business.

The last thing that we know is that he will be home sometime on Wednesday to complete the fansubbing process on Tsubasa 26 and encode it. Please DONT ask us when it's coming out as we can't do ANYTHING till tofu comes online and we'd rather not have high blood pressure in the IRC channel from a constant stream of people enquiring as to the whereabouts of this particular fansub release.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation

-gumbaloom

Good enough for me. I can wait. Always feel sorry for groups that get hammered with questions like 'when is x' going to be released. I figured someone would post on here with a reason, it's why I didn't ask. Keep up the good work, Live-Evil is quickly moving up the chain now that I've also seen the first episode of Blood+.

Offline pendral

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 18, 2005, 08:08:33 am »
Always feel sorry for groups that get hammered with questions like 'when is x' going to be released.

Wait a sec you mean they are actually makig an anime of X?

A face in the snow

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 18, 2005, 08:40:51 am »
Wait a sec you mean they are actually makig an anime of X?

There's an anime of X already. A 26 episode series called X Tv, one which is amazing, and also a movie....that I have yet to find.

X in the above stands for an unknown factor, really. Like in maths. It has no value, or name, ti's just for an example.
I never know what to put for these things....

delphenuz

« Reply #350 on: October 18, 2005, 12:01:32 pm »
A request to all of you Tsubasa fans. Kindly please do not come to #live-evil enquiring as to the whereabouts of Tsubasa 26. It was not translated as usual by Tofusensei at the weekend and at the last count of knowing was undergoing translation whilst he was travelling the USA on business.

The last thing that we know is that he will be home sometime on Wednesday to complete the fansubbing process on Tsubasa 26 and encode it. Please DONT ask us when it's coming out as we can't do ANYTHING till tofu comes online and we'd rather not have high blood pressure in the IRC channel from a constant stream of people enquiring as to the whereabouts of this particular fansub release.

-gumbaloom

Ahh thats cool.. just wanted to know when it was gonna be up lol.. coz so far i been sitting here refreshing every couple mins :P hahaha... doesnt matter tho coz no matter what live-evil will have it up first XD

Offline Nephtis

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Voltis Network
« Reply #351 on: October 18, 2005, 03:14:21 pm »
Funny that it's a maths thing, I was never good at maths. Yeah, I'm not in Live-Evil, no idea what their plans are at any stage. I just mean that fansub groups put work into this, and all they get is people not asking, but almost demanding about the releases. Then I guess if you've got one person merely asking, you have a whole stack asking at once.

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 18, 2005, 05:13:53 pm »

-gumbaloom

Heh you can't really blame the bunch of addicts Tofu created can you?
They want thier fix...look at em they're shaking.

Quick somebody throw a Makona plush to distract them!

kanikama

« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2005, 05:21:25 pm »
I need only the subtitle, I've already found the raw video (no subs).
If someone want the torrent send me a message.

Oops! I fogot to say that's about the TRC ep. 26!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 05:23:01 pm by kanikama »

Felix2

« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2005, 07:14:47 pm »
About this whole licensing stuff again (sry to bring the subject up again ^^) :

The really bad thing about the licensing for me in personal is that once it gets licensed in the USA most groups stop subbing the anime but that doesn't mean that it would show up in Germany on TV anytime soon so I got the problem that I can't watch the rest and either have to wait years till they finally license it here too if they license it at all or till the license wears off which takes even longer and then nobody wants to sub it. I know importing the DVD's could be an option too but that's kinda difficult for me right now.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2005, 08:36:40 pm »
I need only the subtitle, I've already found the raw video (no subs).
If someone want the torrent send me a message.

Oops! I fogot to say that's about the TRC ep. 26!

Live-eviL don't give out scripts sorry. Tofu will turn up soon (I hope) then everyone will be happy when he releases ep 26 >_>.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline keozen

• n00b Hero
  • No Thanks, I already have a Penguin!
    • View Profile
    • KeoZen dotcom
« Reply #356 on: October 18, 2005, 11:08:42 pm »
Yes, I now have a HUGE NEED to watch Ep 26! Just seen 25 and I need more!
- KeoZen -
www.keozen.com

not_potable

« Reply #357 on: October 19, 2005, 03:07:34 am »

-gumbaloom

Why don't you sticky a thread saying this?

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 19, 2005, 05:06:17 am »
because it should be a given you should be happy that it got released when it did...
you shouldnt complain about this stuff people have been waiting for other anime
for a much longer time than you guys have been waiting for your tsubasa... if you want to cry
then do it by yourself... nobody wants to hear it...
The resident bastard.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 19, 2005, 05:57:01 am »
Just to clarify something.

It WAS translated by me like usual on the weekend but I didn't have time to encode it, and DB's editor vanished :P

Don't spread lies, gum :D

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.