Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle!  (Read 274693 times)

Sirusjr

Re: Tsubasa Chronicle!
« Reply #510 on: December 08, 2005, 09:50:31 am »
i choose to support clamp through purchacing the tsubasa and xxxholic mangas.  As of now though is there any word on if this is just season 1 or all of it?

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #511 on: December 08, 2005, 03:57:51 pm »
i choose to support clamp through purchacing the tsubasa and xxxholic mangas.
That's abosolutely fantasitc that you support them like that, but one should never settle for second best. Now you can support them even MORE ;D ;D ;D ;D by soon purchasing domestic DVD releases. A FANSUB IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE OR ELIMINATE THE NEED TO PURCHASE THE DOMESTIC RELEASE

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
  • Cave of Evil-Invite Only
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #512 on: December 08, 2005, 09:15:25 pm »
A FANSUB IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE OR ELIMINATE THE NEED TO PURCHASE THE DOMESTIC RELEASE

Agreed. But im poor and get afford "legal" dvds. But I will get Tubasa Chronicles. After watching all the episodes back to back for 12 hours. I fell in love with it

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #513 on: December 08, 2005, 09:24:43 pm »
Agreed. But im poor and get afford "legal" dvds. But I will get Tubasa Chronicles. After watching all the episodes back to back for 12 hours. I fell in love with it
Great. Then if your in love with it, you'll want to do the very best thing you can for it, i.e. NEVER RESORTING TO BOOTLEGS AND BUYING THE DOMESTIC RELEASE. Saying you love the show and then buying bootlegs is like saying you love someone and then slipping [Censored] into their beverage so you can [CENSORED].

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 08, 2005, 10:49:50 pm »
Well Time to learn Japanese. I REFUSE to watch it in English.

and if the DVDs turn out to be edited then just forget it English companies. I'll get imported ones DIRECTLY from Japan.

Well there's still hope cause it's not 100% yet. Not much hope but still some.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 10:58:56 pm by Shadic »

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #515 on: December 08, 2005, 11:13:12 pm »
and if the DVDs turn out to be edited then just forget it English companies. I'll get imported ones DIRECTLY from Japan.
Never underestimate the power of the unwashed, faceless legions of pop-culture gluttons.

Sirusjr

« Reply #516 on: December 09, 2005, 01:18:11 am »
yeah but if they do edit it at all ill just bootleg them so to make sure not to give them any money.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #517 on: December 09, 2005, 01:28:16 am »
Bootlegging it would be stupid. Can't you read 4 posts up? You realize that the anime industry in Japan isn't doing so hot, and they need continued support to make stuff? A constructive thing to do would be to send the company emails about it, or get a petition/sig list to show them there is a market for SUBS.
Also, do not use these forums for a sig list.

Sirusjr

« Reply #518 on: December 09, 2005, 01:32:49 am »
ill most likely buy the first dvd to try it out but if i dont like it then i dont want to support funimations dub.  Id rather import japanese dvds i cant understand or something because from what i understand once funimation pays them for the rights the company doesnt get any more or less money anyway. 

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #519 on: December 09, 2005, 02:17:00 am »
@Gumbaloom -> we need to make a few paragraphs of explainitory text that can be accessed from the main page explaining some basic details...
Yes, you are correct in your assumption Sirusjr. They do not get any more $. BUT, think of it this way. Say you had an Aquarium, and wanted to fill it with cute fishies <><, and everytime you bought one from Krutch, the wicked pet shop owner, it died after 2 days. Now the responsible aquarist would check alot of things about his water quality before jumping to the conclusion that anyone named Krutch HAS to be evil, and that one should not buy animals from him. Same goes for this situation; If they dont SELL Tsubasa, are they going to want to keep buying things from Clamp? If there just appears to be a market that ultimately doesn't exist, are they going to keep buying rights? Are you going to keep encouraging Krutch to bring more animals into his "care"? You stop buying, they stop buying, they stop making.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 02:21:24 am by Masakari »

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 09, 2005, 02:28:07 am »
It's not the anime that doesn't sell and why people won't buy it. It's the Dub that people won't buy. Remember Card Captor Sakura? The Dub version didn't sell at all but when Pioneer released the subbed Japanese uncut version it did A LOT better than the dub. So as long as it's uncut then I won't have a problem with it because I can always switch it to Japanese audio and switch on the subs, but if they edit it. I'll support the creators by buying the anime directly.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 02:29:49 am by Shadic »

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #521 on: December 09, 2005, 02:42:46 am »
And that is precisely why I said you people should SELF ORGANIZE and/or send Emails to the company telling them how you feel, before it's an issue.

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 09, 2005, 02:51:40 am »
Majority of the time it wouldn't matter. I lost count of how many petitions that were signed and completely ignored by the company. And Eventually another company relicense the anime after it's dead and makes their attempt at it. What I think is....Get rid of the middle man. Better to buy the anime directly subbed from Japan than wait for the English company to butcher it. That way they have a continuous flow of cash instead of depending on single purchases.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 09, 2005, 03:04:31 am »
Based on Funimations recent releases there is a high chance of their being an uncut subtitled japanese audio track with japanese credits.

Read what I said here -> http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php/topic,863.msg9293.html#msg9293

Galaxy Railways was licensed by Funi. I thought they were going to do a bad job on it. I saw the fansubs and feared the worst but they made a good job on it. So PLEASE PLEASE stop bad mouthing Funi they have made an effort to clean up their act recently.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Blind_Guardian

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 09, 2005, 04:51:38 am »
Personally, I have no problem with Funi. I've found several anime that the dubs were okay and I have no problem with their subs. I've never seen CCS dubbed, only subbed, so I can't really comment on that. So long as the dvds have subs on them, which seems likely to have both tracks since most companies do that when they put out an anime, I'll buy them. No problem there. And if I want to, I'll try out the dub if it's on there, and if I don't like it, I just don't watch it.