Author Topic: Tsubasa VERY PROBABLY licensed by Funimation  (Read 37775 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Tsubasa VERY PROBABLY licensed by Funimation
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:44:27 am »
Although not confirmed 100% officially by Funimation it has come to our attention that they are now the legitimate rights holders to the Tsubasa Chronicle Anime.

The evidence for this is as follows -

1) Shinsen-subs received a Cease and Desist letter (a request to stop fansubbing licensed anime) and Tsubasa was mentioned in the list.
2) Funimation has registered www.tsubasa.tv. You can check this yourself using the Network Solutions whois lookup.
3) Animesuki has taken the decision to remove Tsubasa Torrents
4) Animenewsnetwork considered the news important enough to mention it on their news site.

Live-eviL as a rule does not get involved in the subbing of licensed anime. We respect the rights of legitamte rights holders and will discontinue fansubbing of such series.

I know a lot of people will say "OMG THAT SUCKS YOU MUST CARRY ON". Our policy is to be better safe than sorry. We don't want to get in to trouble with Funimation and get Cease and Desist Letters ourselves. All such pleas will be ignored.

Unless Funimation outright denies publicly that they've licensed Tsubasa and put a license by them beyond all doubt we will no longer be involved with Tsubasa.

We would encourage everyone to support the legitimate licensors and buy the DVD's when they are released.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa VERY PROBABLY licensed by Funimation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:10:13 am »
<- was wondering when this was gonna happen and am happy!
The resident bastard.

Sirusjr

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 09:48:33 am »
Allrighty.  Sucks to have to wait for more tsubasa but hopefully someone else will pick up season 2 so i dont go into withdrawl.

Dark Shroud

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 05:07:47 pm »
<- was wondering when this was gonna happen and am happy!

Because of this we will be getting an English dub. However Funimation is known for destroying Animes. So as long as they don't change the music or anything else we have a 50/50 chance of this being good. Funimation is second only to Tokyo Pop in bad quality of dubs and stupid decesions reguarding the making of changes to anime and the DVDs.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 06:23:44 pm »
Just lets make something very clear about Funimation. They have a reputation which is based upon their Dragonball Z early dub releases. However they have improved greatly since that time.

I myself was sceptical like this about Galaxy Railways which Funimation licensed but I gave it a shot and on the original Japanese subtitle track they had given it a good treatment.

1) They had retained the original Music
2) They'd translated all the major things correctly (I didn't agree with some word choices but thats just my nitpickiness)
3) They had multiple angles so you could see the original Japanese credits and the English translated credits
4) They had both a dubtitle track and a faithful subtitle track.

This is one very important thing to remember about Funimation DVD's which is why 90% of people say they still suck now is because they have 2 subitle tracks and they usually end up watching the dubtitle track and thinking "oh it sucks".

So don't just immediately think that just because Funimation has got the license that they are going to screw it over.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 08:31:15 pm »
Because of this we will be getting an English dub. However Funimation is known for destroying Animes. So as long as they don't change the music or anything else we have a 50/50 chance of this being good. Funimation is second only to Tokyo Pop in bad quality of dubs and stupid decesions reguarding the making of changes to anime and the DVDs.
Whats this? Whining? Acting like your being treated unfairly? If you hate the dubs that much, and you love your precious clamp so much, learn Japanese.

Offline SakuraSweetie

• n00b Hero
  • Tsubasa Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 08:42:55 pm »
If they only liscense season one and not two, can you still fansub it?
~*~Tsubasa Love~*~

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 09:05:47 pm »
Theoretically, Yes. Actually? No.
A)The primary Translator of Tsubasa is AWOL. He probably went insane from the unfathomable evil he losed on the world by subbing Tsubasa.
B)Assuming you got it him back, by the time you did, they would have probably moved on and licensed the rest after the inevitable prolific sales of the first season.
C)Fansubbers like to finish a series before it is licensed, it has to do with that whole sense of closure. Tsubasa 2 has, as of right now, has very grim prospects in this area.
D)Your additude would have me believe that you would want us to sub it becasue...
 1)You are of the persuasion that their handling will be less than stellar.
 2)You don't actually support Anime, and live by the motto, "To err is to human, To ARR is to pirate (anime)."

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
  • Cave of Evil-Invite Only
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 09:10:29 pm »
Personally I like funimation. They were bad back during dragonball z. But lets remember, the first dragonball and dragonballz anime and movies. were dubed by Pioneer aka Geneon. Pioneer sold dragonball to Funimation. The censorship which people think was bad was during a time when people wouldnt approve of that stuff on tv. And it ran durring a time when little kid watched. It was syndicated as well. I rember it on kidsWB long time ago. So FCC doesnt like violent syndicated stuff now. But times have changed. America is in love with violence letting funimation be better with there stuff.
I will probably find a way to got tsubasa chroniles season 2 even if it means getting the HK subed from discountanimedvd.

PS. 4Kids is the worst dubbers ever. One Peice. Yugio GX, Naruto, Tokyo Mew Mew and list goes on and on

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 09:14:41 pm »
I will probably find a way to got tsubasa chroniles season 2 even if it means getting the HK subed from discountanimedvd.

...Or you could wait a few months for the domestic release. Don't be a Leech, be a fan. ;)

Offline darkfire

• n00b Hero
  • Cave of Evil-Invite Only
    • View Profile
    • The Circle Never Ends
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 09:20:50 pm »
Oh i dont leech. I have a nice collection. What i will do is leech now. Get the real dvds later. By the time season 2 is on dvd many months may have passed

Sirusjr

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 01:21:39 am »
i agree.  Even if i did decide to buy it assuming i actually got a job and money, i dont want to have to wait that long for season 2.  If it airs in japan in april i want to watch it in april not any later.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2005, 01:30:48 am »
i agree.  Even if i did decide to buy it assuming i actually got a job and money, i dont want to have to wait that long for season 2.  If it airs in japan in april i want to watch it in april not any later.
Wow. I can see what drove Tofu AWOL, subbing for such greedy, demanding, and ungrateful fans, with no self-restaint, discipline, patience, or restraint.

Offline SakuraSweetie

• n00b Hero
  • Tsubasa Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 02:45:25 am »
D)Your additude would have me believe that you would want us to sub it becasue...
 1)You are of the persuasion that their handling will be less than stellar.
 2)You don't actually support Anime, and live by the motto, "To err is to human, To ARR is to pirate (anime)."

???

Were you talking to me? If you were, I have NO IDEA where you got that impression and I don't appreciate being judged that way.
~*~Tsubasa Love~*~

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2005, 02:46:47 am »
There will be ways and means of getting hold of Tsubasa Chronicles Season 2 if you want it THAT badly. It just requires a LOT more work on the part of the leecher than simply jumping on to a torrent.

However because the series is highly likely to be licensed live-evil will not involve itself in the distribution of licensed material as
a) we don't want cease & desist letters
b) we don't want to get kicked off enterthegame (the irc network our channel is hosted on) as they have a policy prohibiting being involved with licensed anime in any way shape or form.

In other words this means...
1) Don't ask where to get fansubs
2) Don't ask where to get raws

either on IRC or in these forums.

-gumbaloom