Author Topic: Tsubasa VERY PROBABLY licensed by Funimation  (Read 37744 times)

FrontMission

Re: Tsubasa VERY PROBABLY licensed by Funimation
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2005, 04:30:23 am »
I know this is off topic, but I'm very carious to know...How do you know if an anime is licensed or not? Where do you get this information? :o

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2005, 09:35:22 am »
News posted to
www.animeondvd.com
www.animenewsnetwork.com

Torrents being removed from animesuki?

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Sindobook

• Maetel Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 10:18:58 pm »
I know this is off topic, but I'm very carious to know...How do you know if an anime is licensed or not? Where do you get this information? :o
Generally there is a formal announcement by the company who licensed it, sometimes at one of the big anime conventions, other times just out of the blue. 

delphenuz

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2005, 04:11:18 pm »
Grrr shame im gonna have to wait for the dvd releases but oh well stuff happens... Live-eviL sure did their job tho, lol they got all of us hooked and now were gonna have to buy those dvds.. WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT!!! hahaha mustv put some subliminal messages in there somewhere ;)... i mean just look at the ppl they'd cut their wrists if they thought itd make live-evil do the subs... poor gumbaloom tho hes starting to sound like a broken record coz ppl just keep asking the same questions just with different wording... unfortunately for all of us no mean no and so were just gonna have to pray for some sort of miracle so we can see some quality subs of season 2...   :-\

Offline blueknight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 07:01:56 pm »
too bad if it is licensed but thats how life goes. but i am grateful for having the chance to at least see what the series will be about and such. and since i still have the first season i can compare it to the dubbed version as i have never been able to do that b4 so i can get an idea of the differences.

as for all the commontion that i have read about lets just say if live-evil did continue to sub tsubasa and then got kicked off enterthegame. after which you  find out that tsubasa isn't licensed. live-evil wouldn't be around to sub it.

when it comes to licenses i don't know much but i do understand that messing around with them can be disasterous.

we can hope that funi didn't license tsubasa or it drops the license like ADV did with mermaid melody as mentioned ealier. either may be unlikely but we can hope.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 07:04:57 pm by blueknight »

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2006, 08:08:26 am »
Heh looks like people are still devastated about it. I was too, but I do have to thank Funimation, they gave me the push. They gave me the motivation I needed to learn Japanese. Not far yet but I can actually pick up some sentences while watching anime now ^^. So Thank You Funimation. (if anyone knows. How do you know when not to voice the "i" and "u"? hard to pick up words when you don't know that) now all I need is to improve this skill combine it with international channels and I'm set. ^^

About the Licensing issue. "Technically" it's illegal to distribute copyright materials anywhere but fansubs work on a "No Harm No Foul" idea. As long as it's not harming anyone, financially, they will do it but when something happens that conflicts that idea they cease distribution. If it wasn't for fansubs anime wouldn't have picked up in America and it wouldn't be as successful as it is today.

Anyways as long as it's not 4kids or is going to air on Kids WB then it's fine. Only they are known to butcher anime now by changing names, music, and setting nowadays. Most other companies will try to stick as much as possible to the original script.

Offline LaO

• n00b Hero
  • Lao!
    • View Profile
    • Naruto Central/Anime Download Center
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2006, 09:19:36 am »
I'm Considering to fansub season 2. I'm not gonna mention which fansub im from, for legal liability reasons. Than again, i will keep updated to the die hardcore fans of tsubasa chronicles. I know i wont do as good as a job as L-E has but i'll try my best :D I just need to know how to get the Raws, i beleive i came across SaiyaMan Raws for tsubasa Chronicles, i know you Live-Evil has nothing to do with tsubasa chronicles anymore. But if someone renounced their postition for a slight second to *cough*PutNameOfRawHosterHere*cough*than nothing can be helped? right?

Edit: OMFG my site is on my sig section -.-;; but that's not my fansub site, it's my anime site...so im still safe...right..?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 09:21:18 am by LaO »
Q: Why does the cow say meow?
a: It doesn't...

http://www.naruto-central.net/

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2006, 09:40:44 am »
No asking for raws here please and especially for licensed series. Also urr for any fansubbing raw you haven't been in the game that long if you haven't heard of Japanese Peer 2 peer >_>.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2006, 10:48:51 pm »
gumba your topic needs to be changed :D (points to AOD)
The resident bastard.