Author Topic: NEW :Tsubasa(S1) + Tsubasa Movie/XXXHolic Movies Licensed || Tsubasa (S2) is NOT  (Read 23924 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
A scan from Anime Insider has turned up on image hosting

http://img56.imageshack.us/full.php?image=animeinsider0602p29lofi5ai.png

Within that it if you read it fully it states that Tsubasa Season 2 and XXXHolic TV are "no comment". In other words AT THIS CURRENT MOMENT IN TIME they are not licensed but there is a VERY HIGH chance that they *will* get licensed.

The use of "no comment" with respect to anime licenses means that Funimation has an option on XXXHolic and Tsubasa Season 2 and 3 but they haven't put ink to paper yet on a formal contract.

What will happen with regards to the DB/L-E joint project to sub Tsubasa will be announced when Tofusensei actually reappears on IRC.

HOWEVER

What this still does not preclude the following
Tsubasa Chronicle Season 1
XXXHolic Theatrical Feature
Tsubasa Chronicle Theatrical Feature

ARE ALL LICENSED.

Do not ask how to download the above or share links on these forums on where to.

Regards

-gumbaloom
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 10:30:23 am by gumbaloom »
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
WHY!!!! WHY!!!
LICENSE IT NOW YOU FOOLS!!!!
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
DON'T MAKE SUBBERS WASTE TIME!!!
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
IT WOULD BE PHYRRIC TO START IT ONLY TO GET IT LICENSED!!!!
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
yes it can mean that gumba but our stance should involve with not assuming anything the only thing we should assume is that its licensed unless there is proof otherwise
The resident bastard.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gumbaloom, Why the heck are you baiting/encouraging maddness?

Now people are going to be playing the award winning game "Camp-a-Mod" in which they flood the channe/boardl with questions about it's release, when it is going to be subbed, why it isn't subbed, and how they didn't like how someone translated what "Cute Sakura-Chan" said in scene 24.

Get back under your bridge, Troll.  :D

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gumbaloom, Why the heck are you baiting/encouraging maddness?

Now people are going to be playing the award winning game "Camp-a-Mod" in which they flood the channe/boardl with questions about it's release, when it is going to be subbed, why it isn't subbed, and how they didn't like how someone translated what "Cute Sakura-Chan" said in scene 24.

Get back under your bridge, Troll.  :D

But then this gives you and bastard-sama a perfectly legitimate excuse to be trolls and be mean to people.

There's always a silver lining in there somewhere.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
I don't need an excuse...
The resident bastard.

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
Ha! Kinda a coincidence. I was just hopping over here to show you guys something when I found this post!

Well, Wikipedia, though I understand that it's not really anything to do with FUNimation or anything has said "The first season of the anime is currently rumored to be licensed in the USA by FUNimation. No press release has been made yet, though January 2006 anime magazines claim the license is official, along with the movie. The second season of the anime is not licensed." at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsubasa_Chronicle

Dunno if that helps or not. The main thing I want to know now is whether the dvds will have english subs. I've never really bought any japanese dvds, and so I don't know if it's worht buying them or what.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
The Japanese Region 2 Tsubasa Chronicle DVD's DO NOT HAVE ENGLISH SUBS.

As for AnimationInsider it's OFFICIAL news. They had an interview with Funimation. So as I said Tsubasa Season 1, XXXHolic Movie and Tsubasa Movie are LICENSED meaning don't ask how to get downloads of them here.

Season 2 is at this moment in time not licensed but as to whether you see Live-eviL subbing it depends on whether or not Tofusensei clears up a few outstanding projects which he has been promising to do since before even Tsubasa Season 1 started.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
has it been confirmed are you just assuming this? because you can not be sure without proof and if there is no proof you are assuming
The resident bastard.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
bastard read the link in my first post. It's a scan from page 1 of the article. The interview with Funimation's Brand Manger. I dont think Animation Insider would make that kind of stuff up.

Stop being argumentative :P

-gumbaloom

Offline kayryn

• kl33my Hero
  • Life is just.
    • View Profile
Thanksa gumba for clearing that up for me.  I don't intend to download licensed stuff anyway, so I wouldn't ask. I'll just wait till they come out in english.
I never know what to put for these things....

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
Tsubasa SUCKS. Go find some [Censored] to go [Censored] that [Censored x 2].
Seriously, I will do everything in my power to ensure that another episode never is released by L-E, and to stall and complicate any efforts to sub it. We are here to sub ANIME, not re-digested, regurgitated, clamp homogenized plotless jargle.

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
    • View Profile
Yes I have freaken read it them having "no comment" can mean they are denying it or they dont have it.. it can mean so many things... you're just using one assumption there is no facts in evidence stating that it isnt or is no comment can go both ways... one thing that might go is yes they dont have it finalized so its not licensed as of yet but also ANOTHER company might have it... if you want to argue ways then im all for it but don't ask me to read something i have already read and yes i do get that but no comment can mean more things then just that gumb
The resident bastard.

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
An honest question for April.

It has been said in the above posts.

What will happen with regards to the DB/L-E joint project to sub Tsubasa will be announced when Tofusensei actually reappears on IRC.

Season 2 is at this moment in time not licensed but as to whether you see Live-eviL subbing it depends on whether or not Tofusensei clears up a few outstanding projects which he has been promising to do since before even Tsubasa Season 1 started.
-gumbaloom

I have been a slient fan/watcher of your work on tsubasa from the start and of corse am wondering now that season 2 is almost here what the status is.

AFAIK Season 2 is still unlicenced. for now at least

Tsubasa SUCKS. Go find some [Censored] to go [Censored] that [Censored x 2].
Seriously, I will do everything in my power to ensure that another episode never is released by L-E, and to stall and complicate any efforts to sub it. We are here to sub ANIME, not re-digested, regurgitated, clamp homogenized plotless jargle.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But that is only what your post is. An opinion. But to say that you will actively sabotage an attempt at something just because you don’t happen to like its content, esp. something as popular as Tsubasa I find a bit distressing
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
^^;
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.