Author Topic: Seramyu's on Djen's Distro.  (Read 7158 times)

Offline Dougtron

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Seramyu's on Djen's Distro.
« on: March 20, 2006, 04:24:16 am »
I was looking at Djen's Seramyu DVD distro website and it said that he had Live-Evil's permission to distro your Seramyu releases but I just wanted to know why you support him when he sell's raws of all the myu's and sell's subs of a lot of the other myu's done by a guy who doesn't support the digital distribution of his subs basically so he can make money off them.  I just thought it was a bit odd since you frequently tell people to support the myu's by buying the official R2's.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
Re: Seramyu's on Djen's Distro.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 05:55:16 am »
1) The first thing is this is a moot point, if you'd bothered to read around you'll see SHE's closing in 6 months anyhow.

2) Yeah we encourage people to buy legit but in this day and age lets face facts not everyone has the money to buy expensive as anything R2's. If people can't afford it I'd rather they were paying slightly above cost price of DVD + postage than paying the likes of my_otaku on ebay who charges in excess of $20 for a burned DVD. In the end with ebay fansub selling - nobody wins apart from the fansub seller whose lining his pocket with pure profit for selling DVD's of free fansubs.

3) Oh god please don't bring up the Ken Yuen's distro policy again. That argument is OLD. At the end of the day, he translated them, he worked on em so he can choose how they're distributed.

If you have a problem with her selling raws / CruelAngel fansubs then take it up directly with her.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w