Author Topic: Tsubasa Chronicle Season 2 Possibility? Found Important Info  (Read 23599 times)

Offline Chocobo Knight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Tsubasa Chronicle Season 2 Possibility? Found Important Info
« on: April 05, 2006, 05:28:19 am »
Hey there. I hope I'm not annoying you all or anything, it's just that I found this info on this site. Here's a quote from the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsubasa_Chronicle

"The first season of the anime is currently rumored to be licensed in the USA by FUNimation. No press release has been made yet, though January 2006 anime magazines claim the license is official, along with the movie. The second season of the anime is not licensed."

What do you make of it? Does this make it a maybe that season 2 will get subbed?

Offline Chocobo Knight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Tsubasa Chronicle Season 2 Possibility? Found Important Info
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 05:43:05 am »
Riiiiight... Whatever you say, flamer.

Offline Chocobo Knight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 06:46:00 am »
Fine, I understand there are better places, but I saw in a topic that one of the fan-subbing staff wrote, there was that magazine scan. I made this topic before I saw it. That scan is proof enough for me.

Actually, I didn't watch this show because of Sakura. I watched it for...

1. The High Quality Animation

2. The Story

3. The Good Reviews

Not only that, I've never watched anything from Clamp except this. So I didn't know any of the characters before watching this. But the character I got to like is Fye. He's my favourite.

But there's one thing I DO agree with though, there are LOTS of perverts out there that disgust me with the way they think of Sakura. I assure you, I'm not one of them.

Another reason I watch the show is, it's kiddy. That way, there's no Ecchi/Hentai. I HATE ECCHI & HENTAI! I find it extremely offensive. In fact, I'm part of an anti-hentai club in my forum.

Why don't I buy them, you say? Well, they aren't out yet, that's why. Ever thought about that? Plus me and my sister can't wait for them to come out. I think dubs are great!

Before you start judging me, make an effort to get to know me first. That way, you don't make a fool of yourself.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:13:36 am by Chocobo Knight »

Offline Blue Mage

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:16:40 am »
I wouldn't worry too much about Masakari. He just has a thing for Maetel and can't stand the competition.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the series. It has at least a semi-unique premise, which is quite the novelty. The characterization is excellent and thankfully hasn't been overly stereotypical. I'll admit, the plot has been rather formulaic and a number of the story devices are quite clichéd. But overall, there are far more brain-numbingly pointless things to be doing with your time.

Will the second season be subbed? Almost guaranteed.
Will L-E be doing it? Doubtful at the moment. Though since Tofu seems to have come out of hiding, the probability is increasing.

And besides, I wasn't thinking about the things I'd do to Sakura in a fantasy setting. Kurogane or Syaoran...maybe.
My mind is like a sieve. It retains all sorts of interesting bits and lets the important stuff flow straight through.

Offline Chocobo Knight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:27:53 am »
Let's just hope that the possibility turns into a definite. Although I'm only at episode 6 at the moment (I only have time to watch it once a week), it would be good to know more are coming. That way, I'll download them, ready for when I can watch them. ^_^

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 10:27:15 am »
Tsubasa 2 is "probably" licensed by Funimation denies it. They stated when directly asked "no comment" regarding xxxHolic TV and Tsubasa Seasons 2 and 3. This means that negotiations are either still not fully finalised OR it's the ole marketing ploy.

There for the time being Tsubasa Chronicle Season 2 is fair game for being fansubbed.

As for Live-eviL fansubbing it?. That is all down to Tofusensei. Like I've said elsewhere, although you clamp fans might think the world revolves around you and fansubs of your shows, live-evil has a lot of other projects which have been around for a lot longer.

Tofusensei who would translate these shows has been promising to work on / finish a lot of shows like 3000 leagues, Creamy Mami, Magical Fairy Persia, Ask Dr. Rin. For example it's been nearly a year since the last 3,000 leagues episode was released.

You can be quite assured that Tsubasa Chronicle and xxxHolic will get fansubbed in some form or another but whether or not Live-eviL fansubs it is dependent on Tofusensei pulling his weight on THESE VERY VERY NEGLECTED AND LONG OUTSTANDING PROJECTS.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Chocobo Knight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 03:06:59 pm »
Masakari, no matter what you say, that doesn't change who I am. I really couldn't care less what you think of me or Tsubasa Chronicle. I also had these episodes before it was licenced. I'm only getting to watch them now, due to my busy life.

Pu-lease... It's not my fault anime is crap here in Scotland.

So I'm a fool for reading reviews before I watch any anime? Well I'd rather read reviews before walking into a potential minefield of offensive anime.

Get a life and quit insulting strangers. It's clear you don't have one. It's a wonder why you are even in these forums if that's your views. Consider our conversation, TERMINATED! Hypocrite.

Gumbaloom, thanks for the info. You can close this topic now. Question answered. ^_^
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 03:53:36 pm by Chocobo Knight »

Offline Chocobo Knight

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:35:52 pm »
Who says I'm complaining? It's not my favourite anime but I still like it anyway. The only anime I'm serious about is Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha and Get Backers.

Offline SakuraSweetie

• n00b Hero
  • Tsubasa Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 05:55:10 pm »
I haven't been here in a while. :)

Just stopping in to check the news on TC 2. ^_^ Thanks for the info, keep us updated with any new news. :) You guys did awesome with TC 1 and it would be great if you could pick up this season too. ^_^ If you can't that's all right, I understand you have older projects you need to finish. ^_^
~*~Tsubasa Love~*~

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 09:27:23 pm »
this thread needs to moved and people who arent trolling needs to be shot for thinking we are gonna do this
The resident bastard.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 07:32:02 pm »
Okay, Masakari, take it easy!!!  I didn't quote ur stuff because it will take forever!  U have something against Tsubasa Chronicle?  Personally I don't really think the Sakura is TRC is that cute and she seems too rundown to me...poor dear.  The Sakura from CCS was a lot cuter and Syaoran lot hotter.  Well, whatever the character designs, I love Sakura and Syaoran no matter what.  And I hate those who think perv about her because Syaoran + Sakura = everything in place and they have no place for perverts between them lolzzz...I didn't know their was this cute sakura pervert thing going around till I came to this forum!
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 08:27:26 pm »
Okay, Masakari, take it easy!!!  I didn't quote ur stuff because it will take forever!  U have something against Tsubasa Chronicle?  Personally I don't really think the Sakura is TRC is that cute and she seems too rundown to me...poor dear.  The Sakura from CCS was a lot cuter and Syaoran lot hotter.  Well, whatever the character designs, I love Sakura and Syaoran no matter what.  And I hate those who think perv about her because Syaoran + Sakura = everything in place and they have no place for perverts between them lolzzz...I didn't know their was this cute sakura pervert thing going around till I came to this forum!

I feel the same way.
CCS is very very dear to me, and most prized possession is my laserdisc of CCS. (this if of corse irreplaceable now and therfore priceless) If anything were ti happen to them I would not know what to do. ??? :'(

It was a labor of love for me whan I subbed them. The show was popular. it still is. so it is only natural that TRC would have a huge following as well.

It has been made quite clear that other L-E projects have lagged while TRC and Nana has been put into the fast lane.
But ragging on TRC and TRC's fans wont resolve anything.

-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 09:14:51 pm »
It has been made quite clear that other L-E projects have lagged while TRC and Nana has been put into the fast lane.
But ragging on TRC and TRC's fans wont resolve anything.

I personally don't have problems with either Tsubasa or the fans in general. It's the elements of the fandom that are a combination of

a) whine if the episode is even one micro second late
b) Think everything else apart from Tsubasa sucks and Tsubasa is the BEST THING EVAH without actually having tried some other stuff eg a "just because" type reasoning
c) Have no appreciation of the fact that they're extremely fortunate/lucky that Tsubasa gets subbed like clockwork each week whilst some other things have gone for a year without a release.
d) Think that the projects that are being left lagging are in some way less deserving of being subbed than Tsubasa.

When I see Fans that are a combination of 2 or 3 of the above, thats what rubs me up the wrong way.

I have no problem whatsoever with Tsubasa fans who do none of the above.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 09:46:22 pm »
It's true that many people have become acquainted with Live Evil just because they needed to watch Tsubasa and/or NANA.  And really, some of them do have the bandwidth and the time to try out the other shows as well.  And they should go forward with it.  It won't harm just to try out.  You can be pretty sure that Live Evil won't sub a show which was a complete flop.  So far the series that have been subbed have all been pretty popular during their times, and are still today.  Some shows like YAWARA were inspired from real-life events (in case of Yawara, the real-life Judo heroine Tamura Ryoko - now Tani Ryoko), while others have been the handiworks of famous names in the anime world like Leiji Matsumoto. 
I t does create a problem when you get used to a show and suddenly the project gets stalled and episodes don't come out for months on end.  This is a common case with the older animes....which do not tend to be in much demand as the latest ones....hence slackness encouraged.  The main reason for this is the lack of translators and laziness of those translators already available...and of-course also due to some of the newer shows being prioritized too much.  If people weren't so lazy and contributed a little more where they were needed instead of just dropping by on the forums to say hi and bug people with questions, things would speed up for both us Live Evil and our viewers. :-X
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Nephtis

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • The Voltis Network
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 09:59:09 am »
I personally don't have problems with either Tsubasa or the fans in general. It's the elements of the fandom that are a combination of

a) whine if the episode is even one micro second late
b) Think everything else apart from Tsubasa sucks and Tsubasa is the BEST THING EVAH without actually having tried some other stuff eg a "just because" type reasoning
c) Have no appreciation of the fact that they're extremely fortunate/lucky that Tsubasa gets subbed like clockwork each week whilst some other things have gone for a year without a release.
d) Think that the projects that are being left lagging are in some way less deserving of being subbed than Tsubasa.

When I see Fans that are a combination of 2 or 3 of the above, thats what rubs me up the wrong way.

I have no problem whatsoever with Tsubasa fans who do none of the above.

-gumbaloom

Well fans shouldn't really have any of those problems listed, but they do. Provided they are aware of Live-Evil's situation, they shouldn't be thinking any of that. Why do they still act like idiots? Because people are idiots. I downloaded the first episode of Galaxy Express 999, since I didn't realise L-E did it until you mentioned it elsewhere on this board. I watched it, it was certainly interesting enough for me to want the next episode. I do like a lot of other anime, and I always think myself lucky to download any show regularly from a fansubbing group.

Rather than complain about Tsubasa not being released, people should have taken the time to try some other projects that are available.