Author Topic: NANA Anime & Live-Action  (Read 88117 times)

Offline CJGREN

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: NANA Anime & Live-Action
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 02:06:54 am »
This is a truly amazing release! I love it!

I need moe NANA!

XD

Death Grin, I'm usually the same way, but Ai Yazawa's works are worth sitting down and reading. They're amazing!

Offline Tokuwa

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 09:21:37 pm »
This is a truly amazing release! I love it!

I need moe NANA!

XD

Death Grin, I'm usually the same way, but Ai Yazawa's works are worth sitting down and reading. They're amazing!

Definately - I became hooked to manga during a time, when I was really low on "manga-reading-motivation"  - NANA relighted a fire back then, it's quite an experience and it's hard to keep that level of grace and style in an anime, but I'm pretty satisfied with MADHOUSE's work so far so I'm eagerly waiting for the next episode like crazy!

Lucky Gokinjo Monogatari (early Ai Yazawa series) is being subbed too now, that helps enduring the wait. Check animesuki on that one, if you're interested.

I'd like to see some more discussion here, any more comments on the episodes so far?

Offline wedge11383

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 09:19:23 pm »
I've encoded Tofusensei subbed version into a high quality DVD, with the 5.1 sound, music videos, and random menus.  I did not ask permission before i posted the torrent though.  I apologize and hope that perhaps he will give me retroactive approval.  If this does in fact happen and [Live-Evil] smiles on me perhaps they could even add the file here.  If not it is available here: http://www.mininova.org/tor/288002
http://ts.searching.com/torrent/712643/NANA_Movie_torrent
Again I apologize Tofusensei.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 03:32:30 am »
Ohh, that's okay! Cool idea :)

I won't call it "officially" sanctioned, but I have nothing against that ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline wedge11383

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 03:43:33 am »
Thanks.  I appreciate it.

Offline Pelikan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 04:47:01 pm »
2Tofusensei

Thanks for amazing Nana TV subs.

About opening/ending.
Are you sure that in opening song English words are "Nobody kissing me..."?
Other fansubbers have heard "Nobody can save me..."

I've making Nana TV translation to other language using as a source various subs from 3 groups (and my bad knowledge of Japanese, too). Live-eviL fansub is a main source . Could I ask you some questions in future?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 04:57:35 pm by Pelikan »

Offline Tokuwa

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 08:24:47 pm »
The blurry Engrish-English definately seems troublesome for all fansubbers - the differences between the subs for NANA's Opening are vast.
Some of the seemingly Japanese lines were even understood as English by another team - and it sounds possible to me, that it's right - though lines like "My tear can ashame your soul" sure are strange.

Well, that's the minor downside of fansubs - it's usually all based on hearing, not on actual scripts - And "Rose" is hearable in many ways, so far ::laughs::
When it comes to muttered words or English like this, it's hit or miss - and sadly, not always does the English make sense, which confuses even more. So my deep respect goes out to brave ones as Tofusensei, that try their best to catch the lyrics.

But now I'm curious too - how sure are you, Tofusensei? Will you rethink some of the words?

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 10:33:58 pm »
Look.

Our lyrics are wrong.

So is every other group's.

We will fix them when the official lyrics come out. It's all a big guessing game. If you guys didn't enjoy karaoke so much I wouldn't even sub the songs knowing the lyrics are wrong, but that's a concession I am willing to make. So yes, our lyrics are wrong, and no, we will not change them until we have real lyrics to look at.

Since no one knows which is which, there's no reason to even argue over who's is right. Now the Japanese lyrics are a different story...

-Tofu

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2006, 06:43:22 am »
2Tofusensei

Thanks for amazing Nana TV subs.

About opening/ending.
Are you sure that in opening song English words are "Nobody kissing me..."?
Other fansubbers have heard "Nobody can save me..."

I've making Nana TV translation to other language using as a source various subs from 3 groups (and my bad knowledge of Japanese, too). Live-eviL fansub is a main source . Could I ask you some questions in future?

Sure, feel free to ask any questions here! :)

-Tofu

Offline Tokuwa

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 10:28:00 pm »
Look.

Our lyrics are wrong.

So is every other group's.

We will fix them when the official lyrics come out. It's all a big guessing game. If you guys didn't enjoy karaoke so much I wouldn't even sub the songs knowing the lyrics are wrong, but that's a concession I am willing to make. So yes, our lyrics are wrong, and no, we will not change them until we have real lyrics to look at.

Since no one knows which is which, there's no reason to even argue over who's is right. Now the Japanese lyrics are a different story...

-Tofu

Sorry if I upset you there, Tofusensei. I didn't plan on argueing who's sub is right and I knew that none of the subs can be perfect, as long as the official lyrics are available. I was more interested in "how close" you felt during that big guessing game - but now I realize that it's indeed quite an absurd thing to ask and you've stated well how you feel about subbing without knowing lyrics - I was kinda ashamed, knowing I'm one of those karaoke-fans that encourage this, indirectly. So thanks for doing it, even if it's wrong.
And personally, I feel that guess fits pretty well, btw. Especially the "Nobody kissing me" - So I'm putting my bets on tha... ::feels evil glowing Tofu glare:: eh.. I... ok, no bets.. ahahaha ::runs off::

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 01:22:06 am »
hehe ^^;

Sorry, it wasn't you personally... I think it was pent up frustrations from when we released Initial D without subbing the songs at first and being accused of being lazy! Little did they know they we had no less than 6 great translators bending over backwards trying to figure it out before giving up... We put way more effort into attempting to translate the songs than another group who subbed it and guessed on the lyrics (and fell flat on their face, though it was an impossible task, not even Japanese people can understand them)... Only to be accused of being the lazy ones...

That's why I don't like to even pretend that our lyrics are correct, hehe. We'll see how close we are when the official lyrics come out :D

But I appreciate the support ^^;

-Tofu

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2006, 04:01:26 am »
Was anyone else surprised by how graphic episode 4 was? O_O;

-Tofu

Offline kaikura

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2006, 08:47:02 am »
by any chance does anyone have the opening or ending song for nana-ANIME?

i can't seem to find it

it is not on this website : http://www.tokyotosho.com/
or if it is i can't find it.

SOME1 HELP ME PLEASE!!! i really like the songs.
thank you!

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 01:50:53 pm »
:X

You can't yet cos they're not on CD yet.

Buy em from CD Japan in due course and support the anime industry :E

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Tung

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2006, 07:43:05 am »
i believe the series is great. it took me for ever to get the movie but it was worth the wait. kind of sucks that it probably will ruin the ending but i'll still keep watching the series. thanks for it.