Author Topic: NANA Anime & Live-Action  (Read 96062 times)

Offline Tokuwa

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: NANA Anime & Live-Action
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2006, 09:32:57 pm »
Was anyone else surprised by how graphic episode 4 was? O_O;

-Tofu

::giggles:: Definately not me, actually xD The manga is far more graphic at that spot, there you have this pretty clear and lively image of Nana moaning against Ren, tub water splashing up and her breasts are clearly visable (with hardened nipples XD ) - it's simply less of a closeup than here. Probably the most raunchiest Manga scene I ever saw in a Shoujo-Manga - the anime does a fine job at keeping the feel though and adapts the , even if less explicit, especially the guitar BGM regains some of the "lewdness" of the original scene in a subtle way.

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 12:53:29 am »
It's not really shoujo manga though, I think it's more geared towards "josei" but with universal appeal. ^^

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline CJGREN

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2006, 06:55:39 pm »
Eh, I was actually kinda expecting it to be more graphic than it was, considering the scene in the manga. ^^

alkora

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2006, 08:57:34 am »
*Start of I'm new section*
Hi.  I'm new.*End of I'm new section*

I just want to say, that the production on this anime is phenomenal(sp?)!!!!!   Wow. T-T    The reason I say production is because it takes a lot of elements working together correctly to make a movie/anime/show capture its viewers hearts and minds and get them attached.  I'm not saying addicting or just to like the show but on a different level be connected to the show.  Nana has done this incredibly. 

While I was living in Japan, I remember seeing advertisments all over for the manga, and they even decorated the yamanote line trains for quite some time too.   This made me think that it was some mass advertising and that it would be like the other mass advertised mangas, so I didn't read it.  But when I watched the anime, wow, thats all i got to say.  I may be the only person here to think it, but there is somethin special about this show...  And its damn good production imo.

Alkora

EDIT:

For those that want to find the opening and ending song, the opening is "Rose" By tsuchiya anna and the close is "a little pain" by Olivia.  These are not liscensed in america and can easily be found after a google search for jpop tracker.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 05:35:07 pm by alkora »

Offline Daisuki-chan

• n00b Hero
  • Wanna come watch with me?
    • View Profile
    • My LJ
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2006, 09:41:59 am »
Tofu -  You are the coolest! and so is NANA.  I really really appreciate the hard work, I can't even imagine.  I loved this show from the opening song and you guys have done a fantastic job. I have already found goodies on Ebay for this show...yay me...

My absolute favorite scene so far was in Episode 4 when Nana kissed that girl that gave her the birthday present. That moment was just perfect

Oops  :-[ Sorry for rambling but this has to be the best show out this season...just imho.

~Daisuki-chan

Offline kazuo

• n00b Hero
  • here, waiting for you
    • View Profile
    • NCDA
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2006, 08:55:40 am »
For those that want to find the opening and ending song, the opening is "Rose" By tsuchiya anna and the close is "a little pain" by Olivia.  These are not liscensed in america and can easily be found after a google search for jpop tracker.

Except that the singles don't release until the end of June, so anything you find is a rip from the TV show.

Check CDJapan/Amazon/AMV/Whatever for release dates. The first press comes with stickers and there's a optional DVD version, which I presume will come with the CMs.

EDIT: Also, just wanted to thank L-E for subbing this series. I honestly didnt even know it was based off a manga. I had heard of the movie, but I didn't become interested in the series until I found out Olivia was doing the ending theme. :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 09:00:00 am by kazuo »

Offline Nihbiels

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2006, 04:34:00 am »
I didn't become interested in the series until I found out Olivia was doing the ending theme. :)

Haha same with me.  I was listening to Lost Lolli at work and looked her up on Wikipedia.  I saw she was doing the theme.  I went to Youtube and looked up the ending.  I instantly felll in love with the series over the "flower", "yellow", "green", etc. graphics accompanied by Olivia.

Thanks to everyone at Live-evil for bringing us this great series.

Offline thecleric007

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2006, 02:47:32 pm »
So, it's nice to see the backstory out of the way.  I must admit, while I do appreciate having both stories there (especially Nana K's, she usually gets a bit shafted, or at least she did in the movie), I found the sudden transition to Nana O's story, mid-episode, to be rather clumsy.  I would have prefered them getting both backstories down to two episodes and had a clear transition between them.

Of course, it is interesting now, watching an anime when I know pretty much exactly what is going to happen next.  This is the first time I've followed a new release of an anime based off a manga I've read.

As for ruining the ending, I am a bit concerned with that too, since the manga is not finished, but I'm hoping that it's so far ahead of the anime that perhaps it will have been completed by the time the anime catches up to it (I have no idea if there is a planned ending soon though for the manga).

Offline Talleyran

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2006, 09:41:59 pm »
Sorry for disturbance, It's not like I want to hurry you guys, just wanted to ask why is there such a large delay with ep6? it was aired allmost week ago, besides you had such a great speed with previous five. ::)

Offline hk_rice

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2006, 01:47:55 pm »
i was about to ask this question too. any info?? thanks many

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2006, 08:44:59 pm »
Read the Tsubasa thread, you'll get the drift :X

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Talleyran

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 01:08:01 am »
Hmmmm... Well, we'll chear for Tofu whatever there is happening to him... And be patiently waiting. Thanks for your work with this show anyway.

Offline hk_rice

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 01:18:40 pm »
yupyup, true that.

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2006, 08:46:47 pm »
Read the Tsubasa thread, you'll get the drift :X

-gumbaloom
Any chance some one can give a quick precis here ?  ;)

Offline ceruleanpetals

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2006, 08:14:50 pm »
Any chance some one can give a quick precis here ?  ;)
Yeah... I tried to find said post in the Tsubasa thread but I got lost in a sea of angry arguing... May I make the humble request  that in he future you copy/paste posts like that here too? I'm afraid of the Tsubasa thread.