Author Topic: NANA Anime & Live-Action  (Read 97580 times)

Offline ceruleanpetals

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: NANA Anime & Live-Action
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 08:26:18 pm »
I've read all of the NANA manga religiously and I love the anime. To be honest, I didn't like how rushed the movie was, and when it comes to anime I like it to be slower paced. A good majority of the anime that I like is based off manga, and it's a little strange at first watching a series like this. It's hard to know whether you want it to just move on and get to your favorite parts or whether you want it to be loyal to the manga scene by scene.

That said, I agree in hoping that the manga is far enough ahead... anyone who watches Naruto sees what happens when the anime catches up, and somehow I can't see NANA with over a season of filler episodes. That would make me want to cry. Not to mention that filler has killed many series, Kenshin for example. If it does happen I almost hope they'll take the FMA route and completely split away from the manga in a new plotline.

I'm excited to see what is to come for the anime, and I adore the music. Anna is one of my favorite artists and I was so excited when I heard the opening theme!

Thanks for subbing it! New NANA episodes make my week!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2006, 09:42:13 pm »
To be honest, I didn't like how rushed the movie was, and when it comes to anime I like it to be slower paced. A good majority of the anime that I like is based off manga, and it's a little strange at first watching a series like this. It's hard to know whether you want it to just move on and get to your favorite parts or whether you want it to be loyal to the manga scene by scene.

Exactly!  Have u noticed that even if a manga is just filled with unimportant details, it doesn't really matter and u enjoy it nevertheless.  But with the anime, u always want it to move to the important parts right away...yet when it does rush, u feel as if it wasn't such a good episode and things would have been better if it was slower...yet get pissed off when the series is filled with fillers.  I mean I always enjoy Tsubasa episodes...but sometimes when they end up going to a country (WORLD!) where they find no feather...it's kinda frustrating...although the way they end it always leaves u with a feeling of sense of contentment...(did I get that right?)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:52:25 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 10:14:50 pm »
Anyone who watches Naruto sees what happens when the anime catches up, and somehow I can't see NANA with over a season of filler episodes. That would make me want to cry. Not to mention that filler has killed many series, Kenshin for example.

All pure action series just contains fillers and fillers...95% or Naruto are fillers...the very reason I fall asleep watching it!  No wonder DB's website is filled with queries about fillers. ;D ::)

And they call Tsubasa slow-paced...lolz... ::) ::)
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2006, 03:28:35 am »
All pure action series just contains fillers and fillers...95% or Naruto are fillers...the very reason I fall asleep watching it!  No wonder DB's website is filled with queries about fillers. ;D ::)

And they call Tsubasa slow-paced...lolz... ::) ::)

Oh be fair now!
 :P :P

Naruto is only 75% fillers. 10% plot and 15% recap !  ;D
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 10:07:14 am »

Oh be fair now!
 :P :P

Naruto is only 75% fillers. 10% plot and 15% recap !  ;D

Okay, but I would say 75% fillers, 5% pllot 10% recaps, and 10% of 'Dattebayo's ;D

Offline hk_rice

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 01:58:51 pm »
yay! TOFUSENSEI is back!!

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 02:10:26 pm »
Oh he would always be there  :D (long as he is motivated about these projects ;) ;D)

Offline ceruleanpetals

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2006, 05:53:03 pm »
Okay, but I would say 75% fillers, 5% pllot 10% recaps, and 10% of 'Dattebayo's ;D
True. I see Naruto is a little different than most action series'... it's about 50% filler, 25% character developement (which most people consider filler), and the rest is all dattebayo. It does a far better job with character developement than any other shounen series I've seen. The manga is beautiful. The anime mutilates it half of the time.

Though, I understand where you guys are coming from. Compared to a series like NANA or any more shoujo type series where plot is almost srictly based on character interaction most action series fall short. Especially since there is a severe lack of human interaction without bleeding and anger.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2006, 07:04:43 pm »
True. I see Naruto is a little different than most action series'... it's about 50% filler, 25% character developement (which most people consider filler), and the rest is all dattebayo. It does a far better job with character developement than any other shounen series I've seen. The manga is beautiful. The anime mutilates it half of the time.

Though, I understand where you guys are coming from. Compared to a series like NANA or any more shoujo type series where plot is almost srictly based on character interaction most action series fall short. Especially since there is a severe lack of human interaction without bleeding and anger.

Well, true...and this is why some action, typical shounen anime lovers don't really consider Tsubasa as their type, since it also has character interactions, real emotions, plot, etc....and not much fillers.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2006, 07:26:25 pm »
Yeah... I tried to find said post in the Tsubasa thread but I got lost in a sea of angry arguing... May I make the humble request  that in he future you copy/paste posts like that here too? I'm afraid of the Tsubasa thread.

Well, I am from the Tsubasa thread and I know what you mean, it takes a lot of energy to be a Tsubasa fan you know.  The plot moves much slower than the emotions of us fans do! :D

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2006, 12:48:44 am »
For the record it would appear that Tofu is failing it with Nana.

He hasn't yet turned over even an episode SIX script yet to be timed so sayeth the timer earlier on today :O

Ah well mine is not to work out the inner workings of t3h Tofu :O

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline ceruleanpetals

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2006, 06:20:07 am »
For the record it would appear that Tofu is failing it with Nana.

He hasn't yet turned over even an episode SIX script yet to be timed so sayeth the timer earlier on today :O

Ah well mine is not to work out the inner workings of t3h Tofu :O

-gumbaloom

Eh, six was just like 1, but with a couple extra scenes. Tofu should skip straight to seven. Despite the other groups that are subbing it, I like your groups fonts the best. They're easy to read.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2006, 01:17:46 pm »
Well, if he won't do anything with NANA 6, it's too early to even think about 7.  What ever is Tofusensei doing?  I read a very disturbing thread about him....is he alright?

Offline mizu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 06:28:35 pm »
All the fansubbers have different lyrics for "rose" but i think these are the real ones, anyone else have different ones?

When I was darkness at that time震えてる唇

部屋の片隅で I cry

もがけばもがくほど 突き刺さるこの傷

破られた約束 hurt me

Nobody can save me

神様ひとつだけ

止めて裂くような my love

☆I need your love.I'm a broken rose.

舞散る悲しみyour song

居場所無い孤独なmy life

I need your love.I'm a broken rose.

Oh baby,help me from frozen pain

with your smile,your eyes,and sing me,just for me

I wanna need your love...

I'm a broken rose

I wanna need your love...

Offline Samejima Mamimi

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2006, 12:46:09 am »
Not to be a pest or anything, but anyone have a possible projection as to when the next episode might be released? I mean, I understand "subbers have lives" etc, etc, but could we get an idea as to when we can maybe expect this?