Author Topic: NANA Anime & Live-Action  (Read 88211 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
NANA Anime & Live-Action
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:56:07 am »
Well, just wondering what everyone thinks about this show!

Anybody? ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Vash

• Rakuen Hero
  • Love an Peace
    • View Profile
Re: NANA Anime & Live-Action
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:05:51 am »
I havent had time to watch the live action movie yet.
the anime was great.
cant wait to see how the next ep will be.

Glad to be working with ya on our return to fansubbing tofu ^^

~Vash~
Vash XD

Offline bastard-sama

• Live Evil Members
  • Rakuen Hero
  • in the middle of nowhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 08:23:53 am »
OMGGGGGGG VASH AND TOFU ON THE FORUMS *dies*
The resident bastard.

Offline BloMouth

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 02:25:13 pm »
Thanks so much for that sweet anime :) I've watched a few other subs by you guys but never been on the site.

Thumbs up guys  :D

Offline Renmazuo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 02:39:50 pm »
Just out of curiosity, how often are the episodes released in Japan? Like, once a week, or is it like Initial D -- 2 every other month?

Just wondering, cuz I don't want to be left hanging on just the first episode and wait forever for the next one.

Thanks

By the way, I just watched the NANA movie this morning, it was awesome!! Props to LE

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 03:01:29 pm »
Hehe, thanks.

NANA is aired once a week.

So I don't think it'll be a two month wait between eps... ^^;

-Tofu
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline DeadAlready911

• kl33my Hero
  • Very Dead, Very Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 09:25:48 pm »
Na-na na-na-na na na na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye

Offline sosanimeboy

• n00b Hero
  • LE Staff - Editor and Death Note Harem Alpha Male
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 12:31:43 am »
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

my xdcc bot is working.

Swing by my place and experience a whole new world of pain...

Offline cypher2048

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 05:11:22 am »
I watched both the live-action movie and the first episode of the anime today.  I really liked the movie.  It was well acted, had a really good story, and the music didn't suck at all.  I was really impressed.  I'm sure I will watch it many times again in the future.  Just as a side note I thought I recognized the Nobu actor from somewhere else but can't place him.  Anyone know any other movies/showes he was in? 

After having watched the movie I downloaded the anime episode and watched it.  It was pretty good.  It played out almost exactly like the start of the movie but had a bit more information in it that the movie only hinted at (obviously due to time constraints, but nothing important was missed).  I have to say that I really like the characters that the actors in the live-action portrayed and I think it will take me a while before I can stop comparing the differences between them.  I hope the anime can do as good a job telling the story as the movie without unneeded filler, and hopefully it carries the story past the end of the movie.

My guess is that Nana was originally a manga.  Does anyone know if the story goes much beyond the movie ending?  I usually prefer watching the anime or live-action versions of stories over their manga origins but often they cut the story short of their original ending, and I'd like to read more if it is available.  Thanks Live-Evil for subbing the movie that I probably would have never seen otherwise and for the anime series that I look forward to watching.  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 07:07:52 am by cypher2048 »

Offline arwell2

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 07:12:08 am »
I was hoping someone would pick up this anime!!! I just watched the first episode and I love it! Looks like a shoujo comedy/drama spring for me.

Great job overall on the episode. I really liked the ending karaoke effects too! Its a really nice addition to your all's roster. Thanks again!

Offline Lady_Bell

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 09:46:54 am »
Just as a side note I thought I recognized the Nobu actor from somewhere else but can't place him.  Anyone know any other movies/showes he was in?

That would be Narimiya Hiroki.  http://jdorama.com/artiste.1562.htm

Before I actually download the movie, how much of the anime does it spoil?  I don't mind small details, etc. but if there are going to be major plot points revealed I think I'd prefer to wait for the anime and then grab the movie afterwards.  Thanks!  ^_^

Offline tinlunlau

• n00b Hero
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 11:36:02 am »
i do question the point of the need in fansubbing the NANA live action movie, though.  there is an english subbed DVD coming out in Hong Kong this month. (or maybe it is already out.)  but anyhow, thanks for translating it.  now i need to download it again.  lol!

Offline cypher2048

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 01:22:44 pm »
Thanks for the link Lady_Bell, that site has all kinds of good info.  :)

I'm pretty sure that the movie will spoil a good chunk of the anime.  My guess would be at least the first 13 episodes will follow the movie almost exactly so there are sure to be spoiled plot points.

Offline kel_

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 06:14:31 pm »
whoa is all that i have to say.

this is probably the first sub i have got from you guys, well at least i think it is.

props to you guys tho, it's awesome. having watched fansubs for over three years now, i gotta say u guys do a good job. as for the anime itself (i haven't watched the live-action, d/ling it now tho) also props to you guys for pickin this one.. just by watching ep1, i've kinda already been sucked in, by that, i mean that some 'other' anime you kinda take a couple of the first few eps to really get into it, but with this one, whoa, liking it from the get go.

anyway, rock on and peace out.
btw the opening and ending songs are real good (imho).. now if only someone could tell me where to get them.. ;D

Offline ANDARIAL

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 10:10:59 pm »
whoa is all that i have to say.

this is probably the first sub i have got from you guys, well at least i think it is.

props to you guys tho, it's awesome. having watched fansubs for over three years now, i gotta say u guys do a good job. as for the anime itself (i haven't watched the live-action, d/ling it now tho) also props to you guys for pickin this one.. just by watching ep1, i've kinda already been sucked in, by that, i mean that some 'other' anime you kinda take a couple of the first few eps to really get into it, but with this one, whoa, liking it from the get go.

anyway, rock on and peace out.
btw the opening and ending songs are real good (imho).. now if only someone could tell me where to get them.. ;D
try here
http://www.tokyotosho.com
 ;)
ANDARIAL is awesome, worship him!