Author Topic: NANA Anime & Live-Action  (Read 88176 times)

Offline Dapprman

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
Re: NANA Anime & Live-Action
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2006, 08:30:20 am »
Waahh scary people around here  :o

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2006, 03:35:09 pm »
First of all,
YOU SPELLED MY NAME WRONG!
Tsubasu, there had to be a better way of doing this rather than re-activating every feed out there - bakkah

Baka to wa naniyo baka to wa?   >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hai hai, osawagaseshimashita! ::)

Anyways, I came here to say because NANA has suddenly vanished from our priorities, this thread has gone nuts ::)...talking about scary stuff and brass knuckles.  Tofusensei get back here or this thread will get scarier than our Tsubasa thread has ever been.
 :o
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 03:40:07 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline Samejima Mamimi

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2006, 06:36:31 am »
What's scary exactly? Jewelry? Laws?  ::)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2006, 09:02:15 am »
What's scary exactly? Jewelry? Laws?  ::)

Your name is scary enough.
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Beckett

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2006, 09:08:54 am »
Heh I dunno how it got so far off topic.  My original question was at least mostly on topic :P.

Offline Samejima Mamimi

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2006, 04:31:12 pm »
Your name is scary enough.

You must be a very timid person.

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2006, 03:40:47 am »
You guys had a quite literal translation "Do I really leave that weak of an impression?" which is fine, but not something most English speakers would say...something like, "Was I really that boring?" which isn't a literal translation, but an English equivalent that carries the same sentiment and sounds a bit more natural. 

This is crazy tho...I mean look how much thought I've put into just one phrase and you guys have entire eps to cover.  There's no way I could do what you guys do.

I quite agree with you on this one. The worst part is, is that once  you see the literal translation it is frequently very difficult to figure out how a native English speaker would have said it. I've worked on episodes that were translated by native Japanese speakers. You know the English sounds weird at times but you can't quite figure out how it ought to be worded. Eventually, however, you get better at it.

Maybe Tofu's learned too much Japanese, if he doesn't think your wording sounds more natural. I much prefer your wording.

BTW, Live-evil's QC team is always interested in acquiring new, competent people. Why not enquire about joining? I find it's a lot of fun. Among other reasons, I frequently find that the stuff I QC is stuff I really enjoy, but is not stuff I would pick out on my own.

Offline hk_rice

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2006, 08:13:09 am »
Hey all!

First off, I love this show, I just got around to watching episodes 1-5 last night and am instantly hooked.

I had a question, maybe someone here can help me out, I really want to know the answer.  Do rings like the one Osaki wears (the one that covers most of her finger) really exist and if so what are they called?  It is way too awesome.  Thanks!

the ring is from the brand vivienne westwood (is that the spelling?) this brand is oosaki nana san's favourite brand.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2006, 09:06:40 am »
You must be a very timid person.
Nah, only some people scare me.  I can stay up all night and watch horror movies.  :D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2006, 09:08:33 am »
So much for jewelery.

Offline Beckett

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2006, 05:39:06 pm »
O_O Somehow this got slapped back to page 4.  Let's not let that happen, this show is too awesome and a thread about it is needed to show support so that the subbing will continue!

Offline mizu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2006, 08:01:49 am »
The ring, if anyone is still interested, is available online at ebay, some english sites, and some japanese sites.  It is called an armour ring and is designed by Vivienne Westwood, an English woman who designed the "punk fashion" clothes that the sex pistols were known for wearing and was married to their manager.(you guys probably know this and are groaning in boredom, sorry)  It is pricy, unless you get a copy.  Also, I doubt any of the sites sell Nana's exact ring, since Hachi notes that it is an original, made before Vivienne was all the rage.  I don't know if Vivienne's styles are really popular in Japan, but if Hachi is representative of youth culture, apparently westwood, the sex pistols, and sid and Nancy are common knowledge.  Here is one site I found that's in English: http://www.hervia.com/shopload.html
As for the ring's legality, firstly if it is illegal and you buy it, I doubt anyone is going to care, but I think the ring that the law seemed to be describing is a Knuckle Duster, which Vivienne Westwood also designs, but Nana's is an Armour ring, which I don't think would be classified the same way.  If you wanted to, you could say that law deems any ring a hazard.

Offline Daisuki-chan

• n00b Hero
  • Wanna come watch with me?
    • View Profile
    • My LJ
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2006, 09:10:15 pm »
Yes I saw an original Westwood Armor Ring, that Nana rockstar wore, for sale on Ebay....$3,000 was the opening bid and yes it was an Original not a fake. 

:o  ~Daisuki-chan

P.S. There are many cool Nana items for Sale on Ebay. I have two Cell Straps already one is the 707 door plate and 707 key the other is the flower of the blackstones with a black bead hanging from the bottom.. ^-~

Offline momopeaches

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2006, 09:05:26 pm »
I'd just like to say even though episodes 6-8 haven't been subbed by you guys, I really enjoy your subs. I tried watching those episodes from other groups, and there are so many errors in the opening and ending, and little Japanese sayings they translate weird, it just made it hard to watch. Let's just say I'll wait patiently for things to get moving again, if they do.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2006, 09:23:43 pm »
Thanks, very sweet of you.  Although I've got nothing to do with NANA subs, it made me feel good.

:D Tsubasa