General > Live-eviL Recruitment Center

NOW RECRUITING: Translator(s)

(1/3) > >>

Tofusensei:
Live-eviL Fansubs has recently had two translators go AWOL. This has led to the stalling of the following projects:

Gallery Fake
The Snow Queen
Detective Academy Q

We own the R2 DVDs for all of these shows and would like to continue subbing them at a decent speed. If anyone is willing to help on these or any other projects, please contact on irc (#live-evil on irc.enterthegame.com), on our web forum (http://forum.live-evil.org), [contact info deleted], or here.

If you are not sure of your skills, but want to give it a shot, that is okay too. I will gladly give you honest feedback. Thank you so much.

-Tofu

UPDATE: Tofu is no longer active.  Please do not contact him.  Instead, contact any op in our irc channel, reply here, or email tlynnec@live-evil.org or yaoiboy@live-evil.org. Thanks! -tlynnec

Tsubasa:
Yeah.  :D

This is a forum and I am free to post about anything except what is regarded as a no no according to the stuff mentioned in the threads. ;)

And this has nothing to do with me being a L-E staff so no more 'remove your posts' in the IRC channel please.  In the forum, I am a normal fan posting unless mentioned otherwise.

Cheers

-Tsubasa

And thought if something is posted here, and this went to the front page, a Japanese speaking person just dropping by might notice it and so we might get a translator...who knows can happen.  I mean this is the way you got me.

sosanimeboy:
I voted for Snow Queen and Oban Star Racer.

Tsubasa:

--- Quote from: sosanimeboy on June 20, 2006, 12:51:08 am ---I voted for Snow Queen and Oban Star Racer.

--- End quote ---

here?  in this thread???

Tsubasa:
BTW, we shouldn't be recruiting an applicant unless they only require a minimal level of translation check at the most. Say, best with at least 95% accuracy.  Normally people who have this level of accuracy fall in either/all five of the following categories:

-they've lived in Japan for years and have the language incorporated in their system. (e.g. me)

-They've been watching animes, subs/raws, ever since they were kids and they even spend an year or two at least in Japan and has studied the language to some extent. (e.g. Tofu, Masakari)

-Whether they lived in Japan or now, they're in the final year of University Japanese language course or have completed it. Self-study is okay too. (e.g. Mirror_ID)

-And of-course, whether the above apply or not, they've been translating for sometime, hence experienced. (e.g. Tofu, Strato, tellu)

-finally, not to forget that they maybe Japanese/Japanese descendant yourself and can speak English = perfect (e.g. EclipseZeta, Greenkabbage)

For someone to be a potential t/l for us, or any fansubbing group in general, s/he MUST fall in either of the categories otherwise need not apply UNLESS they can bring in helpers and t/l checkers along with them too OR the project already has a t/l checker assigned to it.

-Tsubasa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version