Author Topic: NOW RECRUITING: Translator(s)  (Read 42156 times)

Offline Tofusensei

• Admin
  • Rakuen Hero
  • Believe in love.
    • View Profile
NOW RECRUITING: Translator(s)
« on: April 23, 2006, 02:03:13 pm »
Live-eviL Fansubs has recently had two translators go AWOL. This has led to the stalling of the following projects:

Gallery Fake
The Snow Queen
Detective Academy Q

We own the R2 DVDs for all of these shows and would like to continue subbing them at a decent speed. If anyone is willing to help on these or any other projects, please contact on irc (#live-evil on irc.enterthegame.com), on our web forum (http://forum.live-evil.org), [contact info deleted], or here.

If you are not sure of your skills, but want to give it a shot, that is okay too. I will gladly give you honest feedback. Thank you so much.

-Tofu

UPDATE: Tofu is no longer active.  Please do not contact him.  Instead, contact any op in our irc channel, reply here, or email tlynnec@live-evil.org or yaoiboy@live-evil.org. Thanks! -tlynnec
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 09:39:34 pm by tlynnec »
The alpha and the omega of Live-eviL.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: NOW RECRUITING: Translator(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 08:37:25 pm »
Yeah.  :D

This is a forum and I am free to post about anything except what is regarded as a no no according to the stuff mentioned in the threads. ;)

And this has nothing to do with me being a L-E staff so no more 'remove your posts' in the IRC channel please.  In the forum, I am a normal fan posting unless mentioned otherwise.

Cheers

-Tsubasa

And thought if something is posted here, and this went to the front page, a Japanese speaking person just dropping by might notice it and so we might get a translator...who knows can happen.  I mean this is the way you got me.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:42:31 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline sosanimeboy

• n00b Hero
  • LE Staff - Editor and Death Note Harem Alpha Male
    • View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 12:51:08 am »
I voted for Snow Queen and Oban Star Racer.

Swing by my place and experience a whole new world of pain...

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 01:00:09 am »
I voted for Snow Queen and Oban Star Racer.

here?  in this thread???
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 07:01:52 pm »
BTW, we shouldn't be recruiting an applicant unless they only require a minimal level of translation check at the most. Say, best with at least 95% accuracy.  Normally people who have this level of accuracy fall in either/all five of the following categories:

-they've lived in Japan for years and have the language incorporated in their system. (e.g. me)

-They've been watching animes, subs/raws, ever since they were kids and they even spend an year or two at least in Japan and has studied the language to some extent. (e.g. Tofu, Masakari)

-Whether they lived in Japan or now, they're in the final year of University Japanese language course or have completed it. Self-study is okay too. (e.g. Mirror_ID)

-And of-course, whether the above apply or not, they've been translating for sometime, hence experienced. (e.g. Tofu, Strato, tellu)

-finally, not to forget that they maybe Japanese/Japanese descendant yourself and can speak English = perfect (e.g. EclipseZeta, Greenkabbage)

For someone to be a potential t/l for us, or any fansubbing group in general, s/he MUST fall in either of the categories otherwise need not apply UNLESS they can bring in helpers and t/l checkers along with them too OR the project already has a t/l checker assigned to it.

-Tsubasa

Offline Tatsuki

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 06:18:08 pm »
what if they were born in Okinawa, learn okinawa-ben rather than Tokyo-ben, but later learn typical japanese. Lived in England afterwards, and learn english and their Japanese speaking level decreased by 20%?

Cause thats my case lmao.
Tokirenai you ni keep it going baby
Onaji kimochi janai nara tell me
Muri wa shinai shuugi demo
Sukoshi nara shite mite mo ii yo

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 06:30:46 pm »
Dude, come to IRC and see me (or of-course gum >_>).

-Tsubasa

Offline Tatsuki

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 06:32:23 pm »
lol un.

eeto...whats the irc addy O.o?
Tokirenai you ni keep it going baby
Onaji kimochi janai nara tell me
Muri wa shinai shuugi demo
Sukoshi nara shite mite mo ii yo

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 07:09:06 pm »
~_~

#live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com

-Tsubasa

Offline chibi_sayoko

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 01:27:34 pm »
if you're still recruiting translators, i'm very interested.  i was referred here by suzu.

i've been living in japan for 2 years and study japanese at a university in tokyo.

i understand that i still have to prove my stuff - i'm not 100% sure that my japanese/english is up to par, but i'd like to give it a shot.

hit me up...

Offline Willow

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 02:05:12 pm »
hit me up...

We'd love to. Suzaku will be home this evening (she is on central standard time, i.e. GMT-6:00, give or take an hour for daylight savings time, I forget which). She would love to try you out with a test script.

It would help a lot if you can come talk to us on inter-relay-chat channel #live-evil on server irc.enterthegame.com. If you don't already know what this means and you are running Windows you might want to look into downloading program mIRC from www.mirc.com. It will also help if you can upload and download files via FTP. To do this I use program SmartFTP from www.smartftp.com. The first program is free to try out. The second is free for home use.

If you don't want to go to the effort to install these programs right off, we'll find some other way to communicate. Trust me. We are interested in trying you out.

[:burtonsnowboard]

Offline tlynnec

• Rakuen Hero
  • L-E\LLE Staff Editor/TS/encode/QC
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website... it's safe.
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 09:36:53 pm »
Still recruiting Translators! Especially people who are willing to finish one or more of our current projects, but we will consider a new project if there is a dedicated and competent translator. 

If interested, please reply here or (even better) speak to tlynnec, yaoiboy, suzaku, or any of our other ops in L-E's irc channel. (#live-evil@irc.enterthegame.com).

Look forward to hearing from you!
You shall taste oblivion! ... which tastes like redbull... which is disgusting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am staff, hear me roar!

Offline tenkenX6

• Live Evil Members
  • kl33my Hero
  • I still sub, I guess?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 09:47:57 pm »
We definitely could use another translator/translation checker or two to help us out on our ongoing projects. If you like or don't mind on working on older, classic anime and think you have what it takes to be a translator/translation checker, feel free to head over to our IRC channel, #live-evil@irc.rizon.net or post a reply here. Talk to either Mamo-chan, Suzaku, or any other ops (the people with the "@" mark by their names) in the channel about this. Oh yeah, you don't have to have any fansubbing experience, as long as you're fluent enough in both Japanese and English. However, having fansubbing experience is always a plus. Of course, please don't apply if you're still currently studying Japanese in school, took Japanese courses in school in the past and have not used it in a long time and/or "lost your skills" or have just been watching anime for most of your life. In all honesty, translating and doing translation checks at a competent (acceptable) level takes much more than the aforementioned things. Anyway, feel free to apply if you think you have what it takes. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:05:09 pm by tenkenX6 »