Author Topic: Batch torrents are troublesome!  (Read 8289 times)

Aivee-chan

Batch torrents are troublesome!
« on: April 30, 2006, 08:04:07 am »
I want to give my opinion on batch torrents.. I have been downloading Initial D Fourth Stage in single episodes from here and I'd just reached ep. 17 when suddenly they were all combined into one batch torrent. Now, I prefer single torrents because they download faster compared to batch torents. Furthermore I have already spent so much time d/l-ing 17 episodes, I really don't want to spend another week d/l-ing the remaining episodes including those I already have. So, what I want to ask is can Live-evil put up single episodes for people like me, and batch torrents for those who haven't d/l-ed anything yet? Is it troublesome to have many links like this? After all no matter which link we click we all contribute to the same seeding group right?

(If I seem criticisive I apologize.)

Offline bmfrosty

• Banned
  • n00b Hero
  • Brains!
    • View Profile
Re: Batch torrents are troublesome!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 08:15:35 am »
You just don't understand torrents well enough.  First of all, if you have the first 17 episodes already, just toss them into the directory where the torrent is downloading, and it will count those as already downloaded.  If that is not an option, most modern clients have the option of *not downloading* files that you don't want.  Hence, if you wanted 18-24, you could mark 1-17 *do not download* and it will only grab 18-24.

-bmfrosty

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:22:35 am »
Agreed using batch torrent's isnt THAT hard.

You can't please everyone, some people like singles some prefer batches. The majority prefer batches cos they're better seeded and the seeding stats speak for themselves.

I dont envision anyone in the near future asking us to seed that ID4 torrent as it will take care of itself.

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline bmfrosty

• Banned
  • n00b Hero
  • Brains!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:32:23 am »
Tonde Buurin Ep 3 on the other hand is stuck at 93.3% and will never be seeded again.  Ever.