Author Topic: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!  (Read 116009 times)

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
Re: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 10:38:32 pm »
As far as I'm concerned subbing popular shows does help spread awareness of the other projects we do.

true

that's what I said in the Shin-Getter channel a few weeks ago.they only do 3 (old) shows of which Space Runaway Ideon is their main project(almost an ep every week & sometimes 2)

they're always complaining that there's only 10 guys in their channel(which I think is a shame coz they do a fine job),so I suggested to do something popular,just to lure folks over to the channel  ;)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Surixurient

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 10:57:39 pm »
true

that's what I said in the Shin-Getter channel a few weeks ago.they only do 3 (old) shows of which Space Runaway Ideon is their main project(almost an ep every week & sometimes 2)

they're always complaining that there's only 10 guys in their channel(which I think is a shame coz they do a fine job),so I suggested to do something popular,just to lure folks over to the channel  ;)

they might do starzinger, which should hopefully lure in the spaceketeers/force-five fanbase

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 12:21:36 am »
they might do starzinger, which should hopefully lure in the spaceketeers/force-five fanbase

drooling all over my keyboard now  ;)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Elric of Grans

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 01:13:39 am »
wow so much generalization. Personally I don't care if the anime is popular or not I'll watch it if the story interests me.

I agree. If you saw my blog, you would see that I checked out most new season titles, and stuck with the ones that interested me ;) My point is that the popular anime will be picked up by 5-10 groups, and as long as at least one of them is a good group, then even if Live-eviL had not picked it up, I would still be able to enjoy it. There is at least one group subbing every title that initially interested me (except Sasami -Mahou Shoujo Club-), and with the popular titles I have a choice of good groups.

PS I know there is a special Matsumoto division, but I am sure you would not complain if you had more assistance: we sure would not complain about having too much to watch ;)

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 09:46:57 am »
haven't found much new stuff that I really liked lately.Ayakashi was very good IMO
and I get a great blade runner feeling from Ergo Proxy atm so I'll prolly stick with that;but that's bout it.

am watching Galaxy Railways again atm,for some reason I just love that show  ;)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Ninyekka

• n00b Hero
  • Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • Murmuur
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 02:12:30 am »
I'm a little surprised here.  I'm too old too...out of the loop as to what's popular anime wise!!!  I'm glad for the classics, I came here looking for Yawara, and got addicted to a couple of older series.  Of course, I'm drooling all over the Sailor Moon subs...

Offline Daisuki-chan

• n00b Hero
  • Wanna come watch with me?
    • View Profile
    • My LJ
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 08:23:08 pm »
tsubasa? pfff
nana? pfff
initial d? pfffffffffff

what are these lousy boring shows?
they look like online flash animations. south park meets tekken the animation.(gets upset stomach)

makes you want to die your hair blonde and drive a volvo while drinking a latte and listening to the highschool punk rock top 40 (gets upset stomach times 4)

i came for the good stuff!  :)
and lots of good stuff around this place

>:(  I drive a ford, DRINK MY LATTE! and listen to JPOP/Classical mix, I like NANA and BTW My hair is very dark!   Your disdainful stereotyping is a bit small minded.  Your upset stomach probably is a result of the level of your arrogance, it seems to know no bounds.

As for the poll I came here for Sailor Moon and found Nana by accident, I don't watch Tsubasa at all...just not my thing! ;D

Offline Eolo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 01:57:12 am »
I love old anime, I've grown with Candy Candy, Saint Seiya, Majokko no Meg-chan and so many others that it's just a part of my anime culture.

Still, I love Tsubasa and I love Nana, people who waste time insulting fans of a certain show have either low self-esteem or don't want to be confused with the so-called anime noob, so they revel in their elitist ways and fell all the better for it, and I'm so glad I give their life meaning and a reason for them to be special.

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 01:04:21 pm »
Still, I love Tsubasa and I love Nana, people who waste time insulting fans of a certain show have either low self-esteem or don't want to be confused with the so-called anime noob

or they have a different taste  ;)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Eolo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 10:33:54 pm »
And therefore show it through insult.

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 11:35:34 pm »
so where is this so called 'insult' posted anyway??
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Eolo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 02:15:31 am »
"Tsubasa fans are pathetic husks of people who mindlessly bend and yield to the whims of Pop-culture..."

Or would this be flattery?

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 05:19:35 pm »
ok,maybe the 'pathetic husks' are wrongly used,but the popculture part is so to the point

it's kinda the same thing as running along with the likes of Christina,JLO & the likes & claiming you've seem it all now

I'm not saying Leiji fans are demi-gods (everyone knows we're gods ;) ),however,most of the oldskool fans are ....old...coz we grew up with the stuff.I've seen litterally thousands & more animes in my lifetime so far;so yes I can afford to be a wee bit more critical than 16 year olds who get their kicks from Naruto & the likes & who claim to have seen the light.

And there's also the 'different taste' part,or do you claim that you've NEVER before (un)winnlingly insulted someone over something that he/she liked & you didn't??

This is called having an opinion m8
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 08:58:54 pm »
I have discovered Live Evil through Tsubasa and due to extremely low bandwidth all I can manage to download is Tsubasa.  I have no time, bandwidth, and patience to try out the other anime series..although I am certain they must be good.  I have watched all the classics back when I was in Japan so I don't bother downloading them...cmmon 1,2 kb/s does not really leave me much choice.

But I would like to make one thing clear, everyone has their tastes, likes and dislikes...and some people just download a certain show not to try or just because it's popular, but because they have their reasons for being a fan of it.  One of the reasons why Tsubasa is so popular because it brings Syaoran and Sakura from Card Captor Sakura once more into life...the reason why I am watching it.  I don't care if it's popular or not, I have an attachment to Syaoran and Sakura since they've been one of my favorites from when I was 10 years old back in 1998.  So Tsubasa has a different meaning for me, not just the crossovers of CLAMP characters...I don't really care about the new looks and plots, in fact the anime character designs are really not good....the hands and legs are too long for the body...a well noted point.  So I wanted to watch Tsubasa and even though my bandwidth takes for ever to get it to me, I download it and look forward to each episode on Sundays.  So those of you who think we are a bunch of bullshits for liking Tsubasa...I'd like to tell you different people like Tsubasa for different reasons.  Some Tsubasa fans consider Tsubasa as one of those animes which might not be really appealing to your tastes but has some kind of charm which makes you watch it and eventually get addicted to it.  Tsubasa is not just another popular anime which people watch...people watch it and thats why it's popular!

And the classics are great too and if my anime thirst was that great that any great anime appealed to me....provided that my bandwidth was good...I'd download them.  Thanx to Tofusensei & interactii for all the hard work..because they have made me real happy.  It's only because of Tofusensei that we are being able to watch Tsubasa Chronicle!  Thanx Live Evil...U guys rock on, ouenshiteruyo! :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:23:24 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline KunoMochi

• n00b Hero
  • Yum yum yum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 02:32:29 am »
Admittedly, I started joining the L-E community when I began loading ID4 onto my hard drive.

Fortunately, I'm not blind so I tend to check out other anime of interest as well, like The Snow Queen (more, MORE!! XD ), and, of course, other anime from various other groups, like Hale Nochi Guu, GaoGaiGar, etc. etc.

Hell, I started watching dubbed anime when VHS was the more popular media of choice. :P

I'd rather spend my time watching other fansubbed anime (unknown or mainstream) than waiting for just one series to complete and anxiously waiting for the next episode. ^_^

Did I mention the time I checked out Loveless and found out it was Shonen-Ai/Yaoi halfway through the first episode...? XD Freaked me out, stopped watching it, and deleted it off of my hard drive in a heart beat... o_o; lol