Author Topic: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!  (Read 116131 times)

Offline Mime

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
Re: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2006, 12:22:32 pm »
I think that one has to be a little mature to like the classics, just like cinema or music. A 13 year old boy prefers action and colorful anime with a simple plot...

I prefer other CLAMPs series rather than Tsubasa... I feel as if they just use the characters from other series to avoid creating new ones as charismatic as them  ::)

Anyway, I love CLAMPs series, it's just that I prefer their old style  :D

Offline Sapphi

• n00b Hero
  • look at mother nature on the run in the 2970's
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2007, 06:24:40 am »
goodness, people seem to fight a lot here.  ^_^;

i'd just like to say that i began watching live-evil fansubs of GE999 on youtube, after i somehow stumbled upon it (i don't even remember how) and then decided, "hey, you know what?  i should go download bittorrent and do this the right way!"

i do believe i've only known of reiji matsumoto's existance since around the beginning of 2007.  and oddly enough, the old Harlock and GE999 shows have now permanently affected me, to the point where i become excessively giddy when you guys release a new episode, to the point where my drawings are starting to reflect matsumoto-style (the eyes!  oh, the EYES!), to the point where i am literally fantasizing about meeting matsumoto and telling him to his face, in Japanese, that out of every manga style in the world, his is the one i want to emulate...

anyway, you get the idea.
the classics are incredible.  i haven't gotten around to torrenting the others, it's mostly been matsumoto stuff for me, but wow, you guys.  i never even watched card captor sakura/tsubasa.  to be honest, newer anime makes me want to cry (not because it's bad, it's just the way they've produced it, it's not cel-painted anymore).

but your classic subs make me wanna cry in a good way.
anyway.  haha.  i sound like an idiot.

um... thanks for the subs!  haha.   ;D
CAPTAIN HARLOCK > ALL OTHER ANIME.
There was this one time, GOKU was acting like a super stud, and Harlock got sick of him, so Harlock SHOT GOKU, and GOKU DIED.
  ~ Masakari

Offline suzaku_nomiko

• Rakuen Hero
  • いとおしい人のために
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2007, 06:31:18 am »
 ;D ;) :-* [:love]
* suzaku_nomiko blushes

We are glad to be bringing them to you!

Suzaku.

=^-^=
Meow Baby!
-resident Cat Girl of Live-eviL
Timer, encoder,Noob-Typesetter ,GM, Keeper of the claws of death by Kawaii!
Yasashii yoru ni hitori utau uta. Asu wa kimi to utaou. Yume no tsubasa ni notte.

Offline Mogambo

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2007, 01:26:04 pm »
Re:

"I think that one has to be a little mature to like the classics, just like cinema or music. A 13 year old boy prefers action and colorful anime with a simple plot..."

Well i dunno... myself and my daughter (who's 10) have been watching and worshipping Rose of Versailles, and we were both disappointed by the quality of the Candy Candy movie but we're both fans of the show. (Now there's a series you should go for! So far i haven't found any torrents for it...)

Kids are young, not stupid, and when i and i was youth i developed many weird and idiosyncratic interests which remain with me still (pulp magazines, jazz, silent movies, weird jap shit...).

Thus, i have raised my daughter to be a geek and an excellent geek she is, even if she doesn't like Matsumoto's style. Ah, well...

MORE CLASSICS! say i, and peace all you bickering peoples, why so hating on differing opinions? Face to face you'd all be a lot politer. I hope.

Offline clevomon

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2007, 05:09:50 am »
Um, where do I fit? I migrated here for Ask Dr. Rin! (not a popular one nor a classic one), but I haven't really looked at much else...  :-\

Offline MladaOfHamelin

• n00b Hero
  • ~Leiji Fan~
    • View Profile
    • Mlada's Myspace
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2007, 06:07:54 am »
goodness, people seem to fight a lot here.  ^_^;

i'd just like to say that i began watching live-evil fansubs of GE999 on youtube, after i somehow stumbled upon it (i don't even remember how) and then decided, "hey, you know what?  i should go download bittorrent and do this the right way!"

i do believe i've only known of reiji matsumoto's existance since around the beginning of 2007.  and oddly enough, the old Harlock and GE999 shows have now permanently affected me, to the point where i become excessively giddy when you guys release a new episode, to the point where my drawings are starting to reflect matsumoto-style (the eyes!  oh, the EYES!), to the point where i am literally fantasizing about meeting matsumoto and telling him to his face, in Japanese, that out of every manga style in the world, his is the one i want to emulate...

anyway, you get the idea.
the classics are incredible.  i haven't gotten around to torrenting the others, it's mostly been matsumoto stuff for me, but wow, you guys.  i never even watched card captor sakura/tsubasa.  to be honest, newer anime makes me want to cry (not because it's bad, it's just the way they've produced it, it's not cel-painted anymore).

but your classic subs make me wanna cry in a good way.
anyway.  haha.  i sound like an idiot.

um... thanks for the subs!  haha.   ;D

I couldn't have said it better myself...well, except I've been a Harlock fan for a few years, and I do watch Tsubasa (though I'm growing a bit weary of where the story's going)...so keep producing the classics if you can!  I'm eager for more Queen Millennia...I'm not aware of any classics that might be good to sub, but after watching Rose of Versailles, if you guys watch something and approve of it, I'll trust your opinions!

Yeah yeah...I mispelled "believe" in the next to last line...I don't have the original file anymore so deal with it...LOL

Offline petran

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2008, 06:37:21 pm »
I think that one has to be a little mature to like the classics, just like cinema or music. A 13 year old boy prefers action and colorful anime with a simple plot...

not just anime, the same goes for movies and animation in general (books are out of the question) and this does not go only for 13 year olds

Problem was we were too young to really appreciate the classics back then and now we're too mature to like the new series. A proof that the older series were overall more sophisticated  for the age group they targetted. Fortunately the cartoons till the 90s were better and this is not subjective. Sure a kid will find any cartoon great but the cartoons back then had more quality

I dont blame the younger viewers. I was the same in their age. But  the younger ones with the Internet are more lucky than we were since they can pick any show they like and enjoy it much more.  They just need the right guidance.

Offline fringewalker

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2008, 01:49:09 am »
Dare I say it? I've never seen an episode of Tsubasa. I came because of YUA and Shion no Ou.

Offline teucom

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2008, 10:35:15 am »
Ahhh ... these Girls of Classic Anime ... (rightclick, save, enjoy...)

Offline divacita

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2008, 11:06:32 am »
Started with ROV & stayed for Tsubasa & Daddy Long Legs & now I'm back for KOR. I love Vintage Anime.

Offline VivisQueen

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2008, 06:44:14 pm »
Well, I didn't come for Tsubasa. I tried Rose of Versailles (a childhood favourite), liked what you did with it, then came back for KOR, and now hunting out as much older stuff as I can get my hands on.

Offline dhenshu

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2008, 11:49:35 pm »
I originally came for ID: 4th stage, but then i decided to check out Yawara and got instantly hooked on it. I was a little sad when it got licensed because i doubt the subs will be of the same quality as L-E's. I also got into Harlock and Death note. Now I am avidly awaiting the newest releases of Shion no Ou & Daughter of 20 Faces. Thank you L-E for continuing to bring quality anime and quality subs.

Offline durial666

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2008, 11:00:49 am »
I only came here for 3000 Leagues In Search Of Mother

Offline VegaAurora

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2008, 09:33:14 am »
I really love all the awesome anime. I mean a lot of it has a plot that isn't predictable. Its animation is old style too which is very nice I really love it.

Thanks for breaking the mold and doing the awesome classics!

-Vega
Only the shallow know themselves. - Oscar Wilde

Offline sakuraember

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
    • Cindy's Library
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2008, 06:06:47 pm »
I came here I think for Little Princess Sara, stayed for The Snow Queen and 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, then got side tracked to Shion no Ou, Daughter of Twenty Faces, and Trapp Family Story . . .

Some of the new styles have nice things about them, but I don't mind older. My first anime was made in the eighties. And art style means nothing without good characterization and plot. As for slower story pacing, well, you have to fit everything including pacing to the story itself and do what makes sense for what you want to tell or show, but sometimes you're just in the mood for a story that takes it's time. At least that's the way I am.

In short, thank you for subbing anime that otherwise wouldn't get much notice. You are appreciated:)
The Zen librarian searched for nothing on the web and got 327,465,357 hits.
--Unknown