Author Topic: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!  (Read 116073 times)

Offline gumbaloom

• Rakuen Hero
  • Resident Sailor Moon Freak
    • View Profile
POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!
« on: April 30, 2006, 10:52:01 am »
NOTE - Leiji Matsumoto diehards need not vote in this poll

As the topic says.

Does our subbing of ultra popular shows like Tsubasa and Initial D 4th Stage make you interested in the more classic anime shows we sub.

Have you come for Tsubasa and then gone out and downloaded another show and actually enjoyed it ? Or do you just come here for your weekly Tsubasa fix and the leave without a second thought to anything else we sub?

Tell us what you think!

-gumbaloom
[16:35]  <Scaevolus> hey leechers have to expend lots of effort, it takes almost a dozen keystrokes to leech stuff
[16:37]  <Mamo-chan> go stroke goomb's ego plz
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> fansubbing is not about leecher ego stroking
[16:38]  <Professor_Goomba> it's about how much we jizz when w

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
Re: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 03:58:19 pm »

-gumbaloom

Treachery!
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 07:53:58 pm »
Okay, considering that Harlock gets about as many downloads here as it did under several other subbing brand names, and the fact that there is factor of 100 separating anything "classic" to the popular mob series, the answer is obviously; No, only in rare circumstances.

Pop-culture whores are brainless morons who come only to watch whats popular, becasue that's the sort of half-witt dumbasses they are.

Classic Anime fans are smarter to boot; I never get requests for help with IRC from Leiji fans. Tsubasa fans are like "Duh, ::drool over Sakura:: Uh.... @Find Tsubasa," becasue they can't READ.

Tsubasa fans are pathetic husks of people who mindlessly bend and yield to the whims of Pop-culture[/color]

Offline SailorDh

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 12:43:04 am »
We're not just Tsubasa fans we're CLAMP fans :P

We go nuts over thier other shows too.

Offline draconx

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 06:54:25 am »
Tsubasa fans are pathetic husks of people who mindlessly bend and yield to the whims of Pop-culture
I find that generalization a bit offensive...

I discovered live-evil from tsubasa, and have watched many of your shows since then (Snow Queen being one of my favourites, at least from the first eps.)

Each anime I hate is one more anime I can't watch.  So I hate as few as possible and thus can watch the greatest possible amount.
Linux artemis 2.6.17-mm6 #8 PREEMPT Sat Jul 15 13:48:12 EDT 2006 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 05:01:19 pm »
Tsubasa isn't anime. Its Ass-Shit.

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 09:52:54 pm »

ok,so there's no need to vote for me  ;)

however...ultra popular usually stands for crap & pulp imo (a few exeptions are made. and stuff like SSM I can't call 'new' since it's Leiji )

the reason I've always loved you guys (& still do) is actually the old stuff
there's some new stuff I like,like SQ but that's prolly coz it kinda reminds me of Heidi (which I saw long before most of the 'new' animefans were even born ;D

hey...I must be old ...  :P

LEIJI RULES!!
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Elric of Grans

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 04:26:58 am »
Just the other day I was thinking to myself that I wish Live-eviL would just focus on their `spacialities', rather than wasting time on `popular' projects. Do not get me wrong, I am very pleased to see you pick up Tsubasa Chronicle and NANA, but I would rather see your resources put into more regular releases of Leijiverse and classic mahou shoujo titles.

I am probably an oddity, but I started collecting Live-eviL releases for the classics, and after I saw the quality I started collecting the other releases here in preference to other groups.

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 11:53:15 am »
I am probably an oddity, but I started collecting Live-eviL releases for the classics, and after I saw the quality I started collecting the other releases here in preference to other groups.

no you're not  ;)

that's what l-e still stands for imo:decent rips of classic shows
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Shadic

• Condor Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 06:21:39 pm »
wow so much generalization. Personally I don't care if the anime is popular or not I'll watch it if the story interests me. I like Tsubasa because it has many characters from different clamp series that I enjoy and also my favorite composer is composing for it and that's the reason why I watch it not because it's popular. Popular anime like Naruto and Dragon Ball doesn't interest me so I could care less what happens to it, I'll watch anime that no one else watches if the story interests me.

Offline Sun_Tze

• Condor Hero
  • Beware the eyebrow of doom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 06:30:41 pm »
Just the other day I was thinking to myself that I wish Live-eviL would just focus on their `spacialities', rather than wasting time on `popular' projects. Do not get me wrong, I am very pleased to see you pick up Tsubasa Chronicle and NANA, but I would rather see your resources put into more regular releases of Leijiverse and classic mahou shoujo titles.

Don't worry. The Leijiverse team ONLY works on Leiji animes.
Something tells me where's not in Kansas anymore...

Offline Surixurient

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 06:42:59 pm »
tsubasa? pfff
nana? pfff
initial d? pfffffffffff

what are these lousy boring shows?
they look like online flash animations. south park meets tekken the animation.(gets upset stomach)

makes you want to die your hair blonde and drive a volvo while drinking a latte and listening to the highschool punk rock top 40 (gets upset stomach times 4)

i came for the good stuff!  :)
and lots of good stuff around this place

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 06:44:27 pm »
Dragon Ball doesn't interest me so I could care less what happens to it, I'll watch anime that no one else watches if the story interests me.

DB was good,at least the original;not all the z,gt,etc...crap that spawned after that

DB was your typical 80's gag anime with some form of quest involved
DBZ =pulp & therefor pure crap(imo)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Surixurient

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 06:55:57 pm »
speaking of pulp...

pulp, the viz magazine!
those were the great days when you could get the lattest pulp and read some fun manga!

R.I.P. pulp :(

Offline Spymon

• Maetel Hero
  • Still here...
    • View Profile
    • Contains Spoilers
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 08:54:11 pm »
I like watching all sorts of stuff.  After joining live-evil to fill a few hours a week by helping out with qc I've got to watch loads of different things.  As far as I'm concerned subbing popular shows does help spread awareness of the other projects we do.

Dissection, Experiments, Unfortunate Accidents