Author Topic: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!  (Read 116273 times)

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
  • *L-E Staff* *Translator/ tlc/ newb typesetter*
    • View Profile
Re: POLL : Bring people to the Anime Classics!
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 04:13:18 pm »
I like watching all sorts of stuff.  After joining live-evil to fill a few hours a week by helping out with qc I've got to watch loads of different things.  As far as I'm concerned subbing popular shows does help spread awareness of the other projects we do.

I guess qcing must be very fun.  Yout job must rock!  Getting to watch so many anime titles...(sigh..) :(
NOTE: Don't ask me why I'm sighing everyone here, if your bandwidth is some MB, you'd never understand what I have to go through..... :'( :'( :'(
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432
22:03 Mamo-chan: :O
22:06 Tsubie-chan: kaawaii

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 04:16:31 pm »
can't you get an upgrade or something??
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 04:23:49 pm »
can't you get an upgrade or something??

I could only wish.  :'( I'd pay anything to get a nice bandwidth, anime makes my day :)...(although I haven't started earning yet ;D).  The place I live is the worst place for internet & anime maniacs like me. 
Would someone help me to get out of this country :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:26:48 pm by Tsubasa »
22:02 Mamo-chan: tsubie. if you were a doll. you'd be this: https://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-d138692432

Offline MazoneMayu

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 04:41:20 pm »
The place I live is the worst place for internet & anime maniacs like me. 

are you in the middle of the Sahara or something??  ;)
matsumoto's minion

also the king of kaijuu

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 05:27:47 pm »
are you in the middle of the Sahara or something??  ;)

I am too tired of complaining about the place I live.  :( I shouldn't be saying bad stuff about it, since it's my homeland.  :-[ But can't help it.....
I WOULD RATHER LIVE IN THE SAHARAS! LOL! ;D

Again, can someone get me outa this place??!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 12:38:08 pm »
Hi Users and future users,
Like Polls?
Well, here is another one. This has something do with all our current projects. Please follow the link below to visit my poll and place your votes.  ;D
http://forum.live-evil.org/index.php?topic=973.0

-Reasons for clarifying your votes would be truly appreciated. :D

-Tsubasa

Offline bobby6

• kl33my Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 08:57:53 pm »
 I only come here for the older more obscure stuff like Ask Dr. Rin, etc. I feel like its actually much more valuable to sub old stuff that hasn't been done yet, because you are probably the only people doing it, and the only way that fans of that series will will ever get to see it in english. It seems silly that there are 4 or five groups subbing the exact same new series at times, but there are still some pretty decent classics out there that remain untranslated.
"<YaoiBoy> hi guys
<YaoiBoy> nice job getting DN out
<Blue_Mage> I think I might be addicted to the ending song...
<Blue_Mage> It's so pretty."
ROFL ;D

Offline doink-chan

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2006, 04:45:56 am »
I came to L-E because of their subbing of Rose of Versailles, actually. That's a great classic series and I'm glad that it got a great subbing by L-E. And I also download some other older and/or obscure stuff here too. But, I have no problem with newer anime either, and I highly appreciate your work with Nana.

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2006, 09:13:02 am »
All in all, we should never forget about the classics that originally got us into anime. ;)

Offline ladoga

• n00b Hero
  • what is this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2006, 10:44:39 pm »
no you're not  ;)

that's what l-e still stands for imo:decent rips of classic shows

Same here. I have watched and enjoyed some of the newer stuff here. Oh..and I didn't like SSM. It was somehow too pop and without depth. But what really brought me me here was GE 999 and other classic anime. There's so much more than pretty surface. No...I didn't see it when I was little. Thats why i want to see it now. :D

I have also found other entertaining shows like Snow Queen and Gallery Fake thanks to L-E.

Offline kiches

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2006, 06:17:54 am »
I guess I did the opposite, I came specifically to download Yawara! (I was waiting for Live-Evil to catch up to where the VHS fansubs left because at the time I was running on dial-up), and after that I started downloading Nana because I think Live-Evil does the best job. I've never watched anything by Leiji Matsumoto though (although I think I'd like it). I guess I mainly come for the older stuff, I love classic shoujo like Rose of Versaiiles. Personally, I'd wish for more priority to go to the older titles, because they're harder to find nowadays.

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 10:16:25 am »
I am too tired of complaining about the place I live.  :( I shouldn't be saying bad stuff about it, since it's my homeland.  :-[ But can't help it.....
I WOULD RATHER LIVE IN THE SAHARAS! LOL! ;D

Again, can someone get me outa this place??!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Dont be silly. Africa is your homeland by virtue that humans evolved from H.Erectus there. But wait...Since H.Habilis came from Southern Africa....does that make Southern africa your homeland? HRMMM....the plot thickens....Nah, Im going to have to say your homeland is the Ocean, but with a slightly different chemistry than the todays. Same goes for all of us  ;) :D ;D ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Tsubasa

• Chibi-usa Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2006, 12:17:28 pm »
Dont be silly. Africa is your homeland by virtue that humans evolved from H.Erectus there. But wait...Since H.Habilis came from Southern Africa....does that make Southern africa your homeland? HRMMM....the plot thickens....Nah, Im going to have to say your homeland is the Ocean, but with a slightly different chemistry than the todays. Same goes for all of us  ;) :D ;D ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Africa???? Interesting thought Masa.  At least our Neko-chan is not all troll.  Keep it up!  :D

Offline Pluto_Child

• n00b Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 03:49:47 am »
Okay, I didn't come here to download Tsubasa (I am not a CLAMP fan... but I have seen several of their anime and manga series, they just don't impress me that much, though I LOVE RG Veda... ornate, beautiful stuff there!).  I came here to download Harlock initially... now Okay I voted... but this is why I voted... I came here to download Harlock, but I ended up downloading Rose of Versailles... and I know it's not an L-E series, but I downloaded Cutie Honey (orig) from another group.  You guys have really got me into the classics, they are so much freaking fun and just great shows! They may not be as flashy and well drawn, but they have their own charm.... the colors man, the COLORS! *laughs* I don't mind people into pop culture shows, I actually sort of like some of the newer series, (and I am totally against the pop culture grain, I don't even watch TV! (aka no cable or satellite)) but I really am finding that if I give something a chance I may be suprised.  I know sometimes it can be difficult to try something out of the ordinary, I am as pig-headed as they come, but I am learning that I am missing out when I think like that, so just relax and try something out, you may find out something new about yourself and your tastes in anime!
~Plu~

Offline Masakari

• kl33my Hero
  • Scourge of the Matsumoto Division (FLAME!)
    • View Profile
    • Live Evil
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2006, 10:05:01 am »
Okay, I didn't come here to download Tsubasa (I am not a CLAMP fan... but I have seen several of their anime and manga series, they just don't impress me that much, though I LOVE RG Veda... ornate, beautiful stuff there!).  I came here to download Harlock initially... now Okay I voted... but this is why I voted... I came here to download Harlock, but I ended up downloading Rose of Versailles... and I know it's not an L-E series, but I downloaded Cutie Honey (orig) from another group.  You guys have really got me into the classics, they are so much freaking fun and just great shows! They may not be as flashy and well drawn, but they have their own charm.... the colors man, the COLORS! *laughs* I don't mind people into pop culture shows, I actually sort of like some of the newer series, (and I am totally against the pop culture grain, I don't even watch TV! (aka no cable or satellite)) but I really am finding that if I give something a chance I may be suprised.  I know sometimes it can be difficult to try something out of the ordinary, I am as pig-headed as they come, but I am learning that I am missing out when I think like that, so just relax and try something out, you may find out something new about yourself and your tastes in anime!

You are the Model Fan of L-E. Happy to have you here!